Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warlords of Draenor Speculation Contest

This contest is to see who can get the closest to the real deal (what will be revealed in the ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER) To participate, fill in the sheet below. I will review all sheets and I will update this post with the top 5 people, the people who were the closest to the actual expansion. The deadline is 9am pacific time. WARNING: If you get 100% I will believe you're from Blizzard Entertainment. Be warned.
    The winners should be selected by 5pm pacific time.

NOTE: Your theory/speculation does NOT have to be related to Warlords of Draenor, but remember that Boub confirmed it.

---SPECULATION SHEET (COPY AND PASTE)---
    Main Villain:
    New Class (if applicable):
    New Race: (if applicable):
    New Continent/World:
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races):
    Fourth Specs?:
    New Level Cap:
    Minimum of 3 new features (Dance studio, Path of the Titans, something different?):
    Lore explaining your choices*:

*NOT NESSISARY, just there for those who want to explain their answer; will be included in the winners list below. Does NOT effect your rating.

---WINNERS---
    None selected as of yet: Will be updated by 7pm Pacific time, Blizzcon Day.

Let the games begin. >
    Have fun!

---WINNERS SELECTED---
    1. - NMX-
    Main Villain: Grom Hellscream
    New Class (if applicable): None
    New Race: (if applicable): None
    New Continent/World: Draenor
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): All the vanilla ones are getting revamped. Orc, Dwarf probably done already.
    Fourth Specs?: None
    New Level Cap: 100
    Minimum of 3 new features:
    New Char Models
    Something a lil similar to the farm system

Truly account-bound BoA items
    "timewalking" where your level scales down to your friend's
    a Transmog "Journal" where you no longer have to keep the items in your inventory to transmog an item to the model
    item squish
    Lore explaining your choices*: pass?

2. - Syld
    Main Villain: Hellscreams

New Character Models? (elaborate which races): Vanilla + TBC will get it
    Fourth Specs?: Nope
    Minimum of 3 new features: scaling in dungeons, new models,
    overhaul of some professions

3. - Loneli
    Main Villain: Wrathion (initially) / Garrosh / Grom
    New Continent/World: Pre-shattering Past Draenor
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): New character models for all Vanilla races.
    Minimum of 3 new features (Dance studio, Path of the Titans, something different?): Item Squish, Timewalker Dungeons, Trasmog List (keeps track of previously owned gear), Profession changes similar to BS/cooking for all professions, class revamps similar to Warlock for all/most pure DPS classes.
    Lore explaining your choices*: Wrathion realizes that the world is less prepared for the impending Legion invasion than when the Pandaria campaign started, and sees the Alliance and Horde as lost causes. Willing to stop at nothing to protect Azeroth, but not necessarily the people living on it, he jailbreaks Garrosh and recruits the help of Kairoz to steal the hourglass we empower on the Timeless Isle (killing Soridormi in the process) and leads Garrosh to pre-shattering Draenor where he begins to rally an army large enough to defend the world against the Legion. This is potentially, perhaps definitely, in a different timeline to prevent total recon of current lore.

I'm guessing that after fighting his father (who for a period of time lived on this version of Draenor), Wrathion realizes his mistake and learns more about empathy / realizes that protecting the people of Azeroth is equivalent to protecting Azeroth itself and helps us again.

Turalyon and Alleria return simply because this was about the time period for their presence, perhaps we learn of their true location now. (Maybe we take them back to our own time to help defeat the Legion in the coming invasion?)

4. - Yanwu
    Main Villain: unsure
    New Class (if applicable): n/a
    New Race: (if applicable): n/a
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): vanilla races should be ready to go when the x-pack hits
    Fourth Specs?: no

Minimum of 3 new features: revamped professions (you will see more of what we saw with mining, herbalism, and blacksmithing), Time Travel will be heavily used. Karabor will be the new sanctuary city, Turalyon and Alleria will come say hello, gear scaling.
    Lore explaining your choices*: Garrosh is broken free from his prison by a traitor. He travels back in time to Draenor to take command of a new army. (I know, I know I said that lore wouldn't affect your score, and it didn't. It was just so close to the actually story.)

5. - Torbjorn
    Main Villain: Ner'Zhul, Gul'Dan, Mannoroth as final boss
    New Class: No
    New Race: No
    New
    Continent/World: Draenor in his orginal form
    New Character Models: No, but maybe in later patches
    Fourth Specs?: No
    Minimum of 3 new features: Path of the Titans (Advanced Lvling), Scalable Content, Heirloom/Transmog storage

Thank you, all who participated and enjoyed seeing the winners! I hope you all enjoy Warlords of Draenor!
    Last edited by Thalian; 2013-11-09 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just my own prediction, Updated some things I think should be in.

Main Villain: Burning Legion
    New Class: Demon Hunter
    New Race: Arrakoa & Ogres
    New Content/World: Draenor
    New Character Models New Models for Vanilla / TBC Toons
    Fourth Spec: Nope

Illidan Returns

Sub Model Change: P2P (Play 2 Pay & Monthly Sub)

New Features: Path of the Titans (Maybe), Reworked Talents & Timewalker Mode

Draenor was believed to be lost, but it was mysteriously saved by a unknown force, While Outland remains in the Twitsting Nether, Draenor was covered & protected from being discovered near by, while no one got in, no one got out. Now that it has been rediscovered due to a malfuction the Burning Legion discovers it & begins to attack the planet hoping to control it soon, Getting word from Khadger & A'dal & the N'aaru, Prophet Velen demands Both the Alliance & Horde they must keep the Legion from claiming Draenor as if they do, Azeroth & the Universe is doomed.

Just as they depart from Azeroth to the rediscovered Draenor, the Sky over the Great Sea seems to be more darker than usual, thinking it may just be a storm they depart without worry, but both Thrall & Malfurion have a bad feeling that it isn't just some storm, but keep it to themselves & depart with their own factions.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-08 at 07:02 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Main Villain:
    - Some bad guy who is responsible for the crap going on with the bronze dragonflight (the traitor thing)
    New Class (if applicable):
    - Timewalker or Tinker (or maybe a combination?)
    New Race: (if applicable):
    - Ogres (Horde) & High Elves (Alliance)
    New Continent/World:
    - Maybe a phased outland for 90+, where timelines are coliding (read that speculation here on mmoc)
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races):
    - Yes please
    Fourth Specs?:
    - Won't come (nevertheless i'd like it)
    New Level Cap:
    Minimum of 3 new features (Dance studio, Path of the Titans, something different?):
    - Item Squish (is this a feature?); downscaling for older dungeons; account wide reputation (plz blizz; at least for older expansions)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Just my own prediction

Main Villain: Burning Legion

New Character Models Already said Above
    Fourth Spec: Nope

New Features: Path of the Titans (Maybe), Reworked Talents & Timewalker Mode

Draenor was believed to be lost, but it was mysteriously saved by a unknown force, While Outland remains in the Twitsting Nether, Draenor was covered & protected from being discovered near by, while no one got in, no one got out. Now that it has been rediscovered due to a malfuction the Burning Legion discovers it & begins to attack the planet hoping to control it soon, Word from Khadger & A'dal & the N'aaru, Prophet Velen demands Both the Alliance & Horde they must keep the Legion from claiming Draenor as if they do, Azeroth & the Universe is doomed.
    ^ same as this guy

And also Ogres for the Horde, High Elves for Alliance

New Villian: Burning Legion
    New Race: Ethereal (Neutral)
    New Character Models (Dwarf, Orc, Blood Elf, Draenei)
    New Features: Improved PvP, Time Traveling, Specatator Mode for PvP

Just a tip, by villain, I mean a person (example: Illidan), not an organization (example: Twilight's Hammer).

Main Villain: Sargeras.
    New Class: Demon Hunter.
    New Race:: Ogres.
    New Continent/World: Outland/Draenor.
    New Character Models: Updated Humans & Orcs. Dwarfs can be Dark Iron, Wildhammer. Elves can be High Elf.
    Fourth Specs: Tank spec added for Warlock if no new class brought in.
    Minimum of 3 new features: Ability to do all old dungeons at dungeon item level even at level cap. Tattoo parlor. Transmog legendaries.

Let the games begin. >

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ---SPECULATION SHEET---

Main Villain: The "Warlords of Draenor." A group of high-ranking Demons and Fel Orcs (and maybe some new races we haven't seen yet) that are responsible for leading the Invasion of Azeroth. Think what would happen if you had the Sha be actual people, and they were the chief villains of MoP.

New Class (if applicable): Demon Hunter. Starts at 65. Wears mail armor (agility for dps, stamina for tanking). Tank Spec with heavy emphasis on Metamorphosis. Melee DPS spec with heavy emphasis on speed and maneuverability. Ranged DPS spec that uses Bow/XBow/Gun and plays a bit like the D3 Demon Hunter.

New Race: (if applicable): Arakkoa for Alliance, Ogre for Horde.

New Continent/World: First of all, the "outland" world is renamed to "Draenor." Draenor contains both Outland and an unnamed new floating landmass. Outland will receive minor visual updates and massive story updates. The new floating landmass is for 90+.

New Character Models? (elaborate which races): Human, Orc, Dwarf, and Troll rolled out in 6.0. The rest will have to wait until later in the expansion.

Fourth Specs?: nope.avi

1. Player Housing. Blizz loved how the farm worked out, and players did as well. Not a huge stretch to repurpose much of the tech that went into the farm for providing players with homes that are more than just decoration. They're a sort of base, and an area for professions. Easilly able to tie into a profession catch up mechanic as well. Can have multiple players sharing one "phase" for more of a community feel.
    2. Timewalking. The feature from the front page that allows players to downscale their level/ilevel for old Dungeons and Raids. Intended purpose is for either helping friends level, or for doing old content "as it was meant to be played."
    3. Profession Revamp. Gathering professions rolled right into their respective crafting professions. Still 2 professions allowed per player. Crafting is now more dynamic with the ability to produce items of higher quality (in the case of armor/weapons, partially upgraded already) by using the right abilities at the right time. Though if you like to hit "craft all" and make a sandwich, you can still do that. You just risk not being able to sell your items for as much as the guy who actually put time into crafting them.

Lore explaining your choices*: Well I covered the OOC reasoning for choices above. So instead I'll take this time to lay out my idea on the story of WoD.

So when Draenor was destroyed during the end of the Second War, it was believed that only the chunk known as "outland" survived, and that Alleria and Turalyon were lost on some far away world. In actuality, much more of the landmass of Outland survived, now existing as a sort of "draenor chunk belt" in that region of the nether. Though we purged Outland of the Legion's influence, we never once considered the possibility that they were still lurking on other pieces of the destroyed world.

Until they invaded. Opening up a multitude of portals, Fel Orc and Demon forces launched their forseen Invasion of Azeroth. But with the strength of the Heroes, and the newly rediscovered Pandaren, the invasion force was pushed back through their portals. Stabalizing them, the might of both the Horde and Alliance poured once more onto the shattered remains of Draenor. These remains being under the control of the powerful "Warlords of Draenor" responsible for the invasion. Together with the Demon Hunter converts of the Black Harvest, and new native races, the Horde and Alliance will have to stop the Warlords before they can launch another Invasion. Before the Legion's true might can be brought to bear against not just Azeroth, but the Outland as well...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Just a tip, by villain, I mean a person (example: Illidan), not an organization (example: Twilight's Hammer).
    I cannot do that because I don't think the villain will be a character who's been really hyped up. It won't be Kil'jaedan, won't be Sargeras. If anything, it could be a Dreadlord like Varimathras.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Two possibilities by me:

Best Case:
    Main Villain: Kil'jaeden merged with the void
    New Class (if applicable): Demon Hunter
    New Race: (if applicable): Ethereals for allies and Demonic race for Horde
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): as soon as possible
    Fourth Specs?: yes
    New Level Cap:100

Worst Case
    Main Villain: Azhara
    New Class (if applicable): Tinker
    New Race: (if applicable): Furbolg for allies, Ogres for Horde
    New Continent/World: Dark Below....underwater version
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): slow and steady release mid xpac
    Fourth Specs?: nope
    New Level Cap: 95

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh gods the temptation.

Sure, I'll take a shot.

Main Villain: Kil'jaeden
    New Continent/World: Updated Outland w/ new asteroids.
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): Humans, Dwarves, Orcs and Trolls at release, the rest in subsequent content patches.
    Minimum of 3 new features (Dance studio, Path of the Titans, something different?): Item squish, new dances, PvP between new Outland factions
    Lore explaining your choices: The Burning Legion attempts a direct attack on Azeroth through the Dark Portal, requiring us to return to Outland to fight them. There we find that with the deaths of Illidan, Kael'thas, and Vashj, Outland is now ruled by a number of warring factions all vying for control.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2013-11-08 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Sure, I'll take a shot.

Main Villain: Kil'jaeden
    New Continent/World: Updated Outland w/ new asteroids.
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): Humans, Dwarves, Orcs and Trolls at release, the rest in subsequent content patches.
    Lore explaining your choices: The Burning Legion attempts a direct attack on Azeroth through the Dark Portal, requiring us to return to Outland to fight them. There we find that with the deaths of Illidan, Kael'thas, and Vashj, Outland is now ruled by a number of warring factions all vying for control.
    hope blizz hears you

10+ Year Old Account
    Main Villain: Maiev Shadowsong
    New Class (if applicable): Demon Hunter (Well, I don't really think so, but it fits here.)
    New Race: (if applicable): Neutral Naga
    New Continent/World: Second Continent of Draenor
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): Yes, for races older than Cataclysm
    Fourth Specs?: I hope so, yes.
    Minimum of 3 new features (Dance studio, Path of the Titans, something different?): Path of Titans, Lowlevel-Adjustment, (minor) revamp of old Outland for 60-70 questing.
    Lore explaining your choices*: It's based on my personal hope. Wrathion wants to ally with Illidan (who obviously survived somehow, let's say...thanks to Akama) to fight the Burning Legion (next Expansion), but Maiev is still out there hunting him, maybe imprisoned him already. Players will go out to search for Illidan and try to befriend him, but in the end, Maiev caughts him and he is imprisoned in her fortress or whatever. Players will have to defeat Maiev to reach him, but it will be to late: The Demons are already advancing. However, Illidan's allies, Naga led by a minor sea witch and a squad of Illidan's Demon Hunter-trainees will join the combined efforts of Horde and Alliance to find their former master.

I just got a new idea how Illidan could have survived: Wrathion urges the players to go back in time and retrieve Illidan's 'corpse', so he can be ressurected.

Edit: I expanded my idea here.
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2013-11-08 at 02:22 AM.

Main Villain: Grommosh Hellscream
    New Class (if applicable): N/A
    New Race: (if applicable): Arakkoa
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): Orc, Human, Dwarf, Troll (Undead, Gnome, Night Elf and Tauren in patches)
    Fourth Specs?: N/A
    Minimum of 3 new features (Dance studio, Path of the Titans, something different?): Path of the Titans, Timewalking and some updated old world creature models.
    Lore explaining your choices*:

Main Villain (at first): Maiev + her new army.
    New Class (if applicable): Warden
    New Race: (if applicable): The Broken
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): No
    Minimum of 3 new features (Dance studio, Path of the Titans, something different?): Better/newer transmogrifying, new profession, new hub (Black Temple->Temple of Karabor)
    Lore explaining your choices*: TBD

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks will never be tanks. People need to get that idea out of their minds.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never really considered Maiev as the villain. I figured she'd been relegated to novel duty for all of time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'd never really considered Maiev as the villain. I figured she'd been relegated to novel duty for all of time.
    She has a big part in Warcraft, just hasn't had one in WoW (IMO). She's been connected to Illidan for a long time, and now that he's gone, she can actually do something. Considering how strong she is (should be), and her knowledge and abilities as a Warden/great fighter, she has the potential. Plus, anyone who goes mad usually comes back as a villain just because...

Main Villain: Kil'Jaeden
    New Class (if applicable): Demon Hunter (tank/dps)
    New Race: (if applicable): Ogre (Horde) Ethereal (Alliance)
    New Continent/World: Draenor - extra areas added to Outland
    New Character Models? (elaborate which races): ASAP (TBC) starting with Human/Orc
    New Level Cap: 95 (sadly)
    Minimum of 3 new features (Dance studio, Path of the Titans, something different?): Item squish for old content, Player housing, Outland revamped with new quests etc, Time travel quests to keep balance utilising lore characters such as Grom Hellscream, Turalyon, etc.

Lore explaining your choices*: Not lore as such, but the idea, I'm guessing, will simply be that Kil'Jaeden and the Legion are gearing up for an attack on Azeroth, the areas we'll be shown in Draenor/Outland we should assume (as with Northrend etc) were always there, we just didn't explore them before. Orcs and Ethereals get start zone in Draenor as they are both natives. Demon Hunter class ties in with Legion, features ranged dual wielding (pistols maybe and crossbows) and a tank spec (probably featuring demonic power in some way). Illidan will somehow be resurrected/brought back and will, once more, be on the side of good and we'll finally discover the fates of Alleria and Turalyon in Draenor.

Main Villain: Grommash / Illidan + Legion secondary villian
    New Class: No
    New Race: Ogre
    New Continent: Draenor with (possible Outland revamp)
    New Character Models: No new models
    4 Spec: No
    Level Cap: 100
    3 new features: New method of character progression, reforging revamp, additional gear progression (enchanting, reforging, gem).