Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Thor ofcourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    As always, Superman wins every fight and is indestructible unless someone gets some Kryptonite.

Thor + Kryptonite = Thor.
    Otherwise, Superman.
    Ive seen 2 individuals beat his ass down with their bare hands though - Darkside and Doomsday

Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    Thor is NOT a god! Catch up on your lore....

Anyway imo Supes would win easily =]
    Sometimes is better not to post then post something stupid.

Thor is referred as a god in both comics and rl mythology.

Ive seen 2 individuals beat his ass down with their bare hands though - Darkside and Doomsday
    Lobo also.

"Superman is always as strong as he needs to be"

Yeah .. Superman pretty much rapes. Sunfusion gogo

Fun from IGN - If you're willing to overlook some pretty cosmic logic leaps, then the line about Thor's hammer Mjolnir being forged inside a "dying star" is not entirely fanciful. When a large star dies in a supernova, its remains can collapse to form a neutron star, which can potentially condense mass the size of the Sun into matter the size of a city – this is known as 'neutronium'. Scientists reckon even a fistful of this material would weigh "billions of tonnes"

^^ I use this to comfort me into accepting why even the hulk cant lift it.
    I really doubt Superman can lift it too

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever there is explosions, you'll find me there!
    Thor is a GOD, the GOD of Thunder, I don't who said he wasn't. Anyway, Superman is weak against magic and Thor is of course magical. Sure toss in Superman Prime but then you have to toss in Odin-Force Thor, which was / is considered one of the strongest forces in the Marvel Universe.

Thor wins easily = Magical > Supes hates magic.

BTW there are countless Thor vs Superman threads on various sites and the main answer in the end is "Thor".
    A scorch to the face, A fireball to the neck and a Pyroblast! to the back... Yeah, that's how I like to attack! - Digitalxl (Mage)
    I'm simply shocking.... Chaosstryker (Elemental Shaman)
    Magic? Pfft! All I need is these two hands and a strong blade! Shadowhaxor (Warrior)

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Superman may be exalted with the Tillers, he'll loose no matter what. Thor will hammer his face and thunder his arse and if that doesn't work, he'll call the Bifröst to take him to Asgard, far from the Earth's yellow sun and rehammer his face with a lot of love.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post

Sometimes is better not to post then post something stupid indeed.

If being an alien with magic powers makes you a god tho then by all means. He is not even immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    comic book thor probably loses. norse god thor wins, because a god is a god, you can't kill them or stand against them in any way.
    Umm, do you know Norse legend? Almost ALL the gods die in Norse mythology...most die at Ragnarok but Baldur/Balder was killed even before then. His mother made everything in the world swear to never hurt her son(a God, mind you), so that he couldn't be killed. Everything did, except the mistletoe, which was considered unimportant and non-threatening so it wasn't a big deal. Then later, all the gods decided to amuse themselves by throwing weapons at Baldur, which would bounce off. Loki though created a spear(or arrow, depending on the story) out of mistletoe, gave it to the blind god Hoor, who threw/shot it and killed Baldur. So yes, the Norse gods certainly can be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post

Sweet, I like this - Being REFERRED as being something doesnt mean u are!!!!
    They are REGARDED as gods but they really arent! They use technology with some magic and achieve their lvl of power - cmon man

Thor is NOT a god! Catch up on your lore....

Anyway imo Supes would win easily =]
    Which Thor?

Mighty Thor (616 universe) is a god. Movie Thor is a super-advanced alien who might as well be a god, Ultimate Thor was considered a mentally ill, tech-based super soldier but also turned out to be a genuine god.

Also, at which point in their development would they fight? In their "final forms" both are nigh-on omnipotent.

Most of Thor's power comes from Mjolnir and I kinda remember reading a Marvel/DC crossover where Superman can wield Mjolnir. So if Superman can snatch it from Thor fast, it feels like an easy victory for Superman.
    Cross universe power scales are always tricky but I think Superman would be the winner in most circumstances.

The Norse gods could certainly die by violence, but thanks to magic they can also resurrect.

Superman would most probably lift (Marvel Thor's) Mjolnir with ease as I have no doubt Odin's spell would consider him worthy. This would add Thor's powers to his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Which Thor?

Mighty Thor (616 universe) is a god. Movie Thor is a super-advanced alien who might as well be a god, Ultimate Thor was considered a mentally ill, tech-based super soldier but also turned out to be a genuine god.

Also, at which point in their development would they fight? In their "final forms" both are nigh-on omnipotent.
    U kind of have a point (up to a point) - There are so many incarnations of our superheroes these days
    And oh yea, Hulk beat Thor in that one marvel movie and all but killed him if i remember correctly - hardly a god.
    I would say that if we are talking about nowadays Thor - hes pretty easy to beat
    Last edited by Yattz; 2013-11-08 at 02:17 PM.

Comic Versions = Thor
    Movie Versions = Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Umm, do you know Norse legend? Almost ALL the gods die in Norse mythology...most die at Ragnarok but Baldur/Balder was killed even before then. His mother made everything in the world swear to never hurt her son(a God, mind you), so that he couldn't be killed. Everything did, except the mistletoe, which was considered unimportant and non-threatening so it wasn't a big deal. Then later, all the gods decided to amuse themselves by throwing weapons at Baldur, which would bounce off. Loki though created a spear(or arrow, depending on the story) out of mistletoe, gave it to the blind god Hoor, who threw/shot it and killed Baldur. So yes, the Norse gods certainly can be killed.
    seems like that's just against other gods though. no mortal would be able to kill any of them.

also, about lifting mjolnir, it's not the weight that keeps people from lifting it. it's the worthiness of the person trying. captain america was able to lift it once.

1. Superman wins this fight easily unless it's Rune King Thor, and I still think some versions of Superman could potentially win that fight, so not even gonna open that can of worms.

2. Thor is not a god, he's an Asgardian, an advanced long lived and quite powerful alien race that some ancient humans worshiped as gods. As Captain America correctly states in The Avengers, "There's only one God, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that". In fact, he dresses like this.

3. Yes, Superman can pick up Mjolnir. Anyone with physical strength surpassing Odin could do so, and Superman can bench press the Earth like it's a feather.

4. "But Thor has magic and stuffs!" Irrelevant. Thor is a brawler that can shoot lightning. He does not have very good reflexes or fighting skills, and Superman vastly outclasses him in strength, Thor's best attribute. All of Thor's offensive capabilites do not matter, because Thor isn't much faster than a normal human, so he would never even see Superman coming, much less be able to mount any kind of effective offense or defense. Think of it like a turn based RPG. You have 1 guy that as 1 billion HP and does 250 million magic and physical damage per hit. Then you have another guy that has 1 billion HP and does 500 million physical damage per hit. The first fighter reduces all damage taken by 100 million, the second just reduces physical by 450 million. The first fighter has a speed of 2, while the second has a speed of 10 million, giving him tens of thousands of turns before the first fighter gets one. Also, the second fighter has 10 million evasion, what does that mean? I don't know, you tell me Sherlock, but fighter 2 isn't taking a hit, ever. Yes, the fight is that one sided. Actually, it's more one sided than that, because I just gave Thor physical stats that are even somewhat close to Superman's.

PS: Thor: The Dark World was fucking awesome!
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-11-08 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
    thor is a god = victory
    You haven't seen The Dark World yet have you?

''Odin: WE ARE NOT GODS! We are mortal, just like the humans.

Loki: Give or take 5000 years.''

I'll say it again, just for good measure:

Superman has no limits.

Thor does.

Superman wins.

(It's an immovable object vs. unstoppable force kinda thing with Goku/Superman because Goku can overcome any limits while Superman has none - Thor isn't even remotely in the running here.)

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    People saying Superman clearly aren't familiar with the Lore of either character.

Superman has three main weaknesses (yes, three)

Kryptonite: The one everyone knows about, weakens and can kill with long enough exposure.

Red Sun radiation: Superman draws his power from Earths Yellow sun, back on Krypton, due to the red sun he has no powers, the radiation FROM said sun can turn Supe into a normal man, while he is exposed to it.

Those two are fairly well known, but then there's one that EVERYONE forgets...

MAGIC: Superman is... well... Super, but almost all his abilities are based in reality (his flying is an extension of his loljumps, his freeze breath is just from VERY high lung power, his near invincibility is very dense muscle fibre and skin) BUT he has NOTHING to protect him from Magic with Divine or Semi Devine magically (read, anything... GODLIKE) being capable of destroying him.

On the other hand Thor is a fucking GOD, able to control lightning, winds and even the earth. Not to mention the Magical hammer Mjolnir, which would crush Superman with little to no effort. Add in his super strength, speed and stamina, plus some resistance to magic and nigh invincibility to physcial damage and it's no contest, Thor would trounce Superman, without even needing to unleash his "Warrior's Madness" (which increases his Strength and Stamina tenfold) Anti-Force, Thermo Blast or his ultimate weapon the God Blast.

not to mention Thor has shown the ability to time travel
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30