Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    It'll be funny to see what the Vanilla gems will have when they do do the squish. 0.5 int waaa so gud.
    Vanilla had no gems. JC was introduced with TBC.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Whut? Bosses have only just reached 10x the level they were in WRATH, let alone between the first and last tier of content. OR where are these 100 million HP bosses in t14 25 man?
    I do not recall the circumstances, but there is one fight which actually broke the limit for HP that the game was designed to handle.
    There is absolutely a performance hit for larger numbers, because they take up more space in storage and may well be in different formats.
    As to what performance hit is questionable though, but there are benefits beyond those.
    Ease of interpretation, as much as some players might deny that would benefit a lot.

So we'll be getting Wrath endgame numbers then? If thats true I think they should have gone further and took them to Vanilla levels or we will be facing the same problems again in the next expansion or the one that comes after.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    More personal insults,
    you're a little ball of passive aggressive fury aren't you?
    All I'm saying is that developers shouldn't take the easy way out and punish the fan-base, and this annoys you all so much?
    How is this punishing the fanbase? We don't lose anything.
    If they did redo all the combat code in the game, it would take so much out of development of new content that we would actually lose something.
    Hell, the whole reason we got to these numbers was because of positive reaction to the implementation of a new feature that warranted better gear, and thus screwing over with their existing planning back in wrath. They gave us something we wanted and now are fixing the negative side effects. I really don't see the problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It won't. The highest possible signed number is 9,223,372,036,854,775,807. That's 9.2 trillions.
    In 64 bit yes, but the code is all 32 bit - which leaves you 2.1 billion as your max signed number.

Also - Penn Jilette of Penn and Teller fame supports the item squish:

32 bit machines can handle 64 bit numbers for arithmetic purposes. It just takes a few CPU operations instead of one. Problems start with memory allocation, and the unbeatable limit for 32 bit machines
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    In 64 bit yes, but the code is all 32 bit - which leaves you 2.1 billion as your max signed number.

Also - Penn Jilette of Penn and Teller fame supports the item squish:

Haha that was awesome
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

I have a feeling the OP is having a go at us here folks. It's called baiting.

That said, I'm all for it, but if they didn't do it I wouldn't care. At all. I'm not sure why people are so against it. The reasons for being against it are all in their minds.