Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    seems like this may just increase social isolation

Deleted
    Garrisons
    •Build your own base on Draenor, WoW version of Housing.
    •Your friends can come and see it, trade resources.
    •Collect followers and send them on missions. Name them!
    •Customize your base. Pick the zone and buildings
    •Offline progression (days to weeks)
    •Integrated into the world, no loading screens.
    •Allows you to get epic gear, your own land, limited access to professions you don't have.
    •You can build a mine in your base and go and mine, or send followers to go mine for you.
    •Your garrison can be expanded over three tiers. Each expansion gives you more plots of land.
    •You can move your garrison later.
    •Collect trophies and build monuments. Access them by completing achievements. Mount a rare spawn's head in your Town Hall.

Deleted
    I am baffled that people actually want this. Genuinely. I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in building a base in WoW.

player housing, such a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    What is Blizzard trying to do here? If I wanted a shitty little town building game, I would buy a shitty little town building game. I do not want that crap in WoW, yet I would be forced to have one for the bonuses.
    bonuses aren't necessary, that's why they're called bonuses

Deleted
    Garrisons
    •Build your own base on Draenor, WoW version of Housing.
    •Your friends can come and see it, trade resources.
    •Collect followers and send them on missions. Name them!
    •Customize your base. Pick the zone and buildings
    •Offline progression (days to weeks)
    •Integrated into the world, no loading screens.
    •Allows you to get epic gear, your own land, limited access to professions you don't have.
    •You can build a mine in your base and go and mine, or send followers to go mine for you.
    •Your garrison can be expanded over three tiers. Each expansion gives you more plots of land.
    •You can move your garrison later.
    •Collect trophies and build monuments. Access them by completing achievements. Mount a rare spawn's head in your Town Hall.

First impressions are it's very limited compared to Wildstar. Seems you basically get pre-built models and you can't customise the outside or inside of them. You also can't place models anywhere you want.. you have to put them in pre-mapped plots. Wildstar has so much customisation where as I think this is going to feel very samey... one garrison will look like another.. the buildings will just be in different places.

What is Blizzard trying to do here? If I wanted a shitty little town building game, I would buy a shitty little town building game. I do not want that crap in WoW, yet I would be forced to have one for the bonuses.
    You do know that you dont have to use it, its the same with pet battle, archaeology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Strike View Post
    player housing, such a terrible idea.
    I agree this is a waste of time and resources I just hope they don't make this shit mandatory to get a rep or something cause I want nothing to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now this would be perfect if one of them can follow me around while I quest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not my cup of tea soz.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I am baffled that people actually want this. Genuinely. I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in building a base in WoW.
    This, seriously where is the gameplay, most people dont care about farming mats and crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I agree this is a waste of time and resources I just hope they don't make this shit mandatory to get a rep or something cause I want nothing to do with it.
    lol don't do it then?

Some of us are INSANELY excited about it, this is player housing on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    You do know that you dont have to use it, its the same with pet battle, archaeology.
    From the sounds of the "bonuses", it seems like it's practically mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Not really. Pet battles provide 0 benefit. Archaeology is purely comestic now. If the garrison's provide ANY form of bonus that you can't get without building it, then it is different from those two.

How is this any different from the farm...?

I've no idea why people think player housing is so great, but didnt you get it with the halfhill farm?

don't get me wrong, I thought the farm was great, and this seems like a ton of fun aswell, and it's great that they're expanding it.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    This has me both delighted and worried...

Delighted as it took them a damn-near decade to put in what I've always wanted! ^_^

I'm also worried because the rest of the expansion isn't, well, looking so hot - and if the numbers drop significantly... all the doinks here are going to say "See?! Player Housing killed another MMO!!!"
    these same doinks have been saying WoW is dying and or dead since it launched. I am excited and hopefully the toxic portion of the player base quits in droves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    From the sounds of the "bonuses", it seems like it's practically mandatory.
    this is my thought as well they will attach a rep with something important and we will have to play house with the rest of them.

I wonder about the currency to buy the buildings for your garrison. What was it and how do you earn/get it?

Also... wish there were more building types I wouldn't mind a Gilnean looking garrison. I love Gilnean architecture. They did mention Horde gets their own version but there was no mention of race specific building templates, just faction ones.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by kansas311 View Post
    This is badass, if your little dudes can mine, herb and craft for you it will save a lot of time. It could effect the AH a lot though.
    SO blizz is finally going to beat bots...with bots? wtf?!
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.