Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    some people are forgetting something about WoWy, in pvp you'll lose either CCs or debuffs from hunter pets (Goats, Cranes ..) and Roar of Sac. I think it's not as good as people think for survival/MM pvp.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the talents are nice, but...
    The thing I don't like is how different they are. They all deal with separate aspects of hunter play. AoE / Focus / Pet...

I like it more when talent tier affects same things.
    Old Gods made me do it.

With or Without You locks Survival and Marksmanship into Aspect of the Iron Hawk and Murder of Crows. It removes about 15% pet damage in favour of 30% more damage on your abilities - this combined with the talent lock ins and lack of - mind my pun - versatility leaves me underwhelmed. I think it'll be super awesome with all of Beast Mastery's current synergy, though

Snipe is interesting, but I feel like it'll be bulky, particularly with other casting shot builds (aimed shot/powershot). Combining it with a haste build seems counter intuitive at first glance, given that it already restores 60 focus. This focus will be granted at the end of the cast, meaning for the 3s/2.5s whatever it's hasted down to you're still gaining focus per second. Assuming haste is around the same as it is now, that'll be about 5 fps with a 2.5s cast -- that's a 70 second burst from your only available focus regen before you're able to dump. Haven't thought about it fully, but it seems to face the same lack of focus-synergy as Aimed Shot, only in reverse. With the additional loss of mobility... Skeptical.

Bola Shot interests me because it does away with the dynamic weapon damage bind that faces arcane/aimed/snipe, etc. I assume the goal is to make it do slightly less single target damage than Arcane Shot, but more (albeit small ranged?) AoE. Not sure how I feel about the 1s arming time, but I am glad that it avoids the focus problem Aimed Shot has since it's an instant focus dump with a 1s arming time rather than a cast with the focus dump at the end. My main issue with it is here: Will it proc Hunter's Mark like Arcane Shot does, and will Thrill of the Hunt reduce its focus cost? If so, what's its synergy with multishot ISS TotH? Seems an interference.

This has only caused me more questions. Remind me to wait a few months before thinking again.

"Good news, we have a talent so you can drop your pet!"
    Response: QQQQQQQQQ

Really, community? I have lost my faith in you.
    As said before, it's less QQ and more realistic thinking. A flat damage buff is a bad idea as it's never going to get live as it is. A clever, interesting effect would be a better choice as its less prone to get nerfed to uselessness.

Bola Shot interests me because it does away with the dynamic weapon damage bind that faces arcane/aimed/snipe, etc. I assume the goal is to make it do slightly less single target damage than Arcane Shot, but more (albeit small ranged?) AoE.
    That is actually a bad thing in the current Hunter mechanics as it means it will scale very, very badly. The reason why MM is doing so well, especially in PvP right now is due to it having most of it's shots scale with weapon damage while BM/SrV does not.
    Last edited by Torais; 2013-11-09 at 12:50 PM.

Unless you're raiding 15+ mode, you'll still want to bring a pet for its buff/debuff. So it's pretty much a niche talent for LFR, large raid teams, and baddies.
    (In PVE, don't know about PVP yet)
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    here u go

Bola Shot: 30 focus. 40-yard range. Instant. Fires a bola at the target which wraps around them, and after 1 second it explodes, dealing 3000 fire damage to them. Adds an additional 2000 fire damage to all enemies within 5 yards. Replaces Arcane Shot.

Snipe: 40-yard range. 2.77-second cast. Carefully line up the perfect shot, dealing 150% weapon damage. Generates 60 focus. Cannot be cast while moving. Replaces Steady Shot and Cobra Shot.

Beast Mastery and Survival: Also refreshes Serpent Sting.
    Marksmanship: Also triggers Steady Focus.

Is snipe serious? how is that fun

and how is bola shot useful? replaces arcane shot!? if ur using AS in AOE situations ur doing it wrong...

First off, just because it replaces arcane shot and does aoe doesn't mean anyone assumes someone is using arcane for aoe except you. Secondly I can see this being awesome for cleave fights, where there's 1-2 adds close to the boss. Could also be good for Multi-dotting because you can pop one on 3 different targets. I could see something like this scaling very well.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Unless you're raiding 15+ mode
    Oh, you mean like pretty much everyone will be doing in WoD?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Cant b srs.
    quite serious, i like the sound of bola shot and petless talent, but nothing too interesting really.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel the talents are really unbalanced, especially Bola Shot if it isn't added to Thrill of the Hunt. Otherwise if we pick Bola Shot it means we have to pick something other than Thrill of the Hunt. Snipe seems good for Focus Regen when we don't have to move, however I feel like 60 Focus is almost too much, I rather get like 40 Focus and its cast time being a bit shorter.

The petless spec it would only be good in a raid, since otherwise you lose out on the pet buff it brings in 5mans and below.

Deleted
    Now just redesign the redundant filler bullshit that are Dire Beast and Glaive Toss.

Deleted
    I like the talents, i can see bola shot being best option for cleave fights, snipe for single target and WoWY for single/aoe assuming the three of them will be balanced. But i wonder what they'll do with pet related talents like intimidation, lynx rush, BS, spirit bond, fervor, exilaration if you take WoWY

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I feel the talents are really unbalanced, especially Bola Shot if it isn't added to Thrill of the Hunt. Otherwise if we pick Bola Shot it means we have to pick something other than Thrill of the Hunt. Snipe seems good for Focus Regen when we don't have to move, however I feel like 60 Focus is almost too much, I rather get like 40 Focus and its cast time being a bit shorter.

The petless spec it would only be good in a raid, since otherwise you lose out on the pet buff it brings in 5mans and below.

hm, bola shot with thrill of the hunt sounds pretty cool actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    7 years of asking for a petless spec.
    "Good news, we have a talent so you can drop your pet!"
    Response: QQQQQQQQQ
    Sure, there have been plenty of people asking for a petless spec, but can you show me statistics on whether those asking are the majority or just the vocal minority? Personally I'm not interested in a petless spec at all, and given the other two talents are situational, it basically means that for me (since I prefer SV and MM specs with a pet), I don't get a full-time useful level 100 talent. So if there are others like me, you're going to be hearing some complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Personally I'm not interested in a petless spec at all, and given the other two talents are situational, it basically means that for me (since I prefer SV and MM specs with a pet), I don't get a full-time useful level 100 talent.
    How on Earth do you know other two are just situational? Do you maybe have some information which we don't or what? We don't know the numbers behind them (most likely every single number is just a placeholder or very early test pass)! How do you know that Bola maybe won't be the best DPS talent in all situations for all sepcs? We don't know even stat which we will have on WoD gear and mechanics behind them.

Oh, here, there is a talent which I don't like and he might be or might not be the top talent in that tier. Let's b**** about it just for the sake of whining.

Remember MoP beta where everyone whined how CS + now days Glyph of Liberation (at that point a T1 talent) was way OP in PvP. Yeah, that was the top problem. Stop whining before we even know how it works and what tools we'll have in our box.

Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    I like the talents, i can see bola shot being best option for cleave fights, snipe for single target and WoWY for single/aoe assuming the three of them will be balanced. But i wonder what they'll do with pet related talents like intimidation, lynx rush, BS, spirit bond, fervor, exilaration if you take WoWY
    You'll probably lose them, I would suppose. Also, I'm not 100% sure that Bola Shot will be as powerful as Multi-Shot for AoE fights. It's possible, but if you're barely using it in order to keep up your pet's cleave, I have to wonder if it'll actually be a drop in DPS.

They're either gonna have to scrap a bunch of talents or give them new effects for SV and MM if they let the petless thing through. But I REALLY DON'T LIKE MY PET so I'm ok with that

Also, snipe looks stupid and annoying, it better not be the best dps talent.... Bola shot is decent though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    They're either gonna have to scrap a bunch of talents or give them new effects for SV and MM if they let the petless thing through. But I REALLY DON'T LIKE MY PET so I'm ok with that

Also, snipe looks stupid and annoying, it better not be the best dps talent.... Bola shot is decent though.

doesn't snipe just look like old aimed shot? aside from the refreshing SS and what ever, just basically aimed shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    How on Earth do you know other two are just situational? Do you maybe have some information which we don't or what? We don't know the numbers behind them (most likely every single number is just a placeholder or very early test pass)! How do you know that Bola maybe won't be the best DPS talent in all situations for all sepcs? We don't know even stat which we will have on WoD gear and mechanics behind them.

Oh, here, there is a talent which I don't like and he might be or might not be the top talent in that tier. Let's b**** about it just for the sake of whining.

Remember MoP beta where everyone whined how CS + now days Glyph of Liberation (at that point a T1 talent) was way OP in PvP. Yeah, that was the top problem. Stop whining before we even know how it works and what tools we'll have in our box.
    We discuss the talents based on the information at hand. This is one of the ways in which Blizzard gets feedback; from player discussions. Now, I'm not interested in arguing with you about it, but rather I came here to discuss the talents with the other non-hotheads that aren't getting all worked up like you are.

Moving on...

As others have mentioned, losing the pet seems to gut the rest of the talent tree. Seems like this will be extremely confusing for less engaged players.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    It's no different then Cobra Shot or Steady Shot used to be aside from a longer cast time and a much larger refund of Focus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    You'll probably lose them, I would suppose. Also, I'm not 100% sure that Bola Shot will be as powerful as Multi-Shot for AoE fights. It's possible, but if you're barely using it in order to keep up your pet's cleave, I have to wonder if it'll actually be a drop in DPS.
    for SV and MM multishot spam will probably be better than bola shot, as bm you will probably want to keep beast cleave up and use bola shot.