Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This talent Is just Blizzards saying "we can't be fucked fixing pets so we'l fix the player instead" This talent is terribly bias towards BM as the 30% damage given to SV and MM is around a 4% dps increase. Whilst for BM, It will make blink strikes even more mandatory.
    How about blizzard give us real talents instead of this 'hotfix' talent, or better, make boss mechanics more pet friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    With or Without You will be nerfed to useless just like Grimoire of Sacrifice. They've said many times pet specs are pet specs, and not using a pet will come at a severe penalty. Hence the fact Sacrifice is a good 20-30% DPS under Supremacy.
    Locks chose it for multi-target boost. Hunters choose it to get rid of having to worry about Pet AI on many boss encounters. Because if 20% of your DPS is running around like a headless chicken doing only 1/4th of the supposed damage, then we have an issue.

Warlocks have it SO EASY with Imp/Succubus since they can attack from range. All Hunter pets must attack from melee thus they have to walk/run around a lot. A movement/target swap fight for Warlocks? Switch your Observer to Imp, problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    and why has no one else snapped a pic of them?!?!?

only reason i can think of is beta went down, or blizzard got very strict.
    Was hoping to get(at the very least) a written summary of what the other two talents are by now.
    :[

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    LONE WOLF!
    Petless hunter!
    I hate that one. Big mistake to add it. How can a Hunter of any spec solo or even quest without a pet? We're way too squishy for that plus it takes a lot of the fun away from the class. It would only be useable for raiding.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I hate that one. Big mistake to add it. How can a Hunter of any spec solo or even quest without a pet? We're way too squishy for that plus it takes a lot of the fun away from the class. It would only be useable for raiding.
    concussion shot ?

Thus why it is a level 100 talent.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrippleshoT View Post
    30% flat more damage as survival/MMS the other two talents have to be pretty damn good not to take that one tbh
    Same thing happened to grim sac and look where that ended up near the end of the expac. Not sure if blizz is willing to make the same mistake....again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGosuStandard View Post
    well... can't sleep without knowing other two, going to be a long night.
    I have to put distance between myself and the computer to keep myself from sitting on the consolidated page and hitting refresh over and over again.
    Luckily, maining a hunter for the past few years has taught me how to sit and wait in one spot for hours at a time....until I got addons that is.
    WTB MMO-C addon that alerts me when this update spawns :[

Deleted
    don't take the talent for questing then. not every talent is designed for every scenario, this talent will pretty much suck for pvp and questing, but could be good on certain pve fights.

don't take the talent for questing then. not every talent is designed for every scenario, this talent will pretty much suck for pvp and questing, but could be good on certain pve fights.
    Should be good for MM/SV on any heavy target swap fight, especially if the targets are spread.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Pretty sure it will only work for active pet. Would give BM an enormous advantage over SV/MM.
    Every spec has stampede. You pop it, pets attack, they leave, it's done. I'm not sure where you think some mystical advantage comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Locks chose it for multi-target boost. Hunters choose it to get rid of having to worry about Pet AI on many boss encounters. Because if 20% of your DPS is running around like a headless chicken doing only 1/4th of the supposed damage, then we have an issue.

Warlocks have it SO EASY with Imp/Succubus since they can attack from range. All Hunter pets must attack from melee thus they have to walk/run around a lot. A movement/target swap fight for Warlocks? Switch your Observer to Imp, problem solved.
    Imp is the only ranged pet we have. Succubus is just as melee dependent as the Observer and Felguard etc., fyi.

I don't get why a lot of hunters are saying "yes! this will be perfect!" when all they have to do is look at grimsac for locks and see the exact same thing happening again. Pet classes should have pets. Period. There should be an option to go petless but that should be at a dps loss. GC has stated this countless times whenever we warlocks had to fight off the nerfs to grimsac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    Imp is the only ranged pet we have. Succubus is just as melee dependent as the Observer and Felguard etc., fyi.

I don't get why a lot of hunters are saying "yes! this will be perfect!" when all they have to do is look at grimsac for locks and see the exact same thing happening again. Pet classes should have pets. Period. There should be an option to go petless but that should be at a dps loss. GC has stated this countless times whenever we warlocks had to fight off the nerfs to grimsac.
    this talent seems very situational though, more situations than not this pet less won't be a good idea, only times where this can be good is some boss fights, but you lose pet buffs and utility, and battlegrounds where you can just stand back and turret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGosuStandard View Post
    I doubt they would do that again, as they said they want to change hunters up a bit this ideally is one way.
    So hunters get a petless spec with no real dps loss while locks are stuck with a nerfed grimsac? I may not play the game anymore but that just sounds like another imbalance and pretty much two classes getting the same thing. Except inevitably one class is better off.

That is being a bit too optimistic to say that blizz won't repeat the same thing with this hunter talent.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Every spec has stampede. You pop it, pets attack, they leave, it's done. I'm not sure where you think some mystical advantage comes from.
    Do you have any clue what you're saying here. More damage on stampede + more damage on pet = more damage = way more of a damage increase than 30% more damage with no pet. Do the math before you speak again.

10+ Year Old Account
    this talent seems very situational though, more situations than not this pet less won't be a good idea, only times where this can be good is some boss fights, but you lose pet buffs and utility, and battlegrounds where you can just stand back and turret.
    If it is situational then it will make better sense. Talents should be changed as the situation presents itself. However if it becomes the go to talent of that tier (just like grim sac), then the history that grimsac went through would just be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Do you have any clue what you're saying here. More damage on stampede + more damage on pet = more damage = way more of a damage increase than 30% more damage with no pet. Do the math before you speak again.
    All it takes is for there to be no mathematical interaction there. Extremely simple. Stampedes damage can be normalized with the talent.

Here's to hoping we get a pet that can attack from range. (Like the Imp for Warlocks)

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    All it takes is for there to be no mathematical interaction there. Extremely simple. Stampedes damage can be normalized with the talent.
    ???? Math must be hard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    If it is situational then it will make better sense. Talents should be changed as the situation presents itself. However if it becomes the go to talent of that tier (just like grim sac), then the history that grimsac went through would just be repeated.
    grimsac gave quite a big buff and an extra spell though, this here you're losing spells and utility, cc and everything else pets give for a damage increase. like your pet that gives big mastery buff, you lose that, and in Pvp as already discussed, it would basically be suicide taking this talent, as it stands i don't see the talent being too good, but we can't yet compare it to the alternatives.