Deleted

possible dying monitor

Well as of recently my monitor (as of monday) my primary screen (dell u2711) has been plagued but very annoying random flicker.
    Best to describe the issue would either be half/the whole screen blacking out on any active application lasting from a 0,001ms to 15sec pretty much. (be it a game/movie/benchmark , yet not on desktop)

First things first since i'm an OC nuthead i checked that first and even tried stock bios + stock clocks , this all made no difference.
    Secondly tried a roll-back to older drivers but the issue persisted with every driver (went 4 versions back so yeah that can't be it either)
    After that i used my secondary screen only and everything played/worked just fine there without any issues. (including with overclocks)
    So thinking i've had the issue isolated i'm still stuck at this primary screen, to completely exclude it being a gpu issue i tried connecting it to both gpu's with two different sets of DVI-D cables to make sure neither of the ports/cables would be defect. (this was more an overkill double check , since i wasn't able to capture the issue on any printscreens even when spamming print screen at a full black screen for 15sec)
    The next question is , have i explored every possible option to make sure the screen is in need of a RMA? (got it with limited warranty so it is even questionable if i get a new one/replacement)
    Because packing/shipping this is going to take quite some time/proper packing/funds.

Does the monitor in question behave the same if it is set as the secondary monitor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
    Does the monitor in question behave the same if it is set as the secondary monitor?
    yup, changed the setting in the control panel and dragged a movie to the screen in question and the issue would still occur.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    yup, changed the setting in the control panel and dragged a movie to the screen in question and the issue would still occur.
    It seems to me like the monitor is faulting than if the behavior persists through different configurations. RMA it, if eligible, or grab a deal when Black Friday/Cyber Monday comes.

Sorry. Electronics are not perfect and do fail at times. I've had equipment crap out before plenty of times. Especially in work environments where costs > quality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
    It seems to me like the monitor is faulting than if the behavior persists through different configurations. RMA it, if eligible, or grab a deal when Black Friday/Cyber Monday comes.

Sorry. Electronics are not perfect and do fail at times. I've had equipment crap out before plenty of times. Especially in work environments where costs > quality.
    Yes had that feeling about it already.
    Too bad black friday/cyber monday are non excistent over here. (netherlands that is)
    Also last thing i managed to come up with was hooking my laptop to it. (hdmi > dvi adapter to dvi-d cable) not optimal but i getting permanent flicker with that setup so i guess it's a clear cut case of RMA. (also 1680x1050 on 27" is fugly as hell and even lower then my laptop's native full hd lol)
    So now i eagerly await RMA instruction details and have to arrange myself a make-shift proper packing and boxing for the screen.