Poll: Do you like the new expansion from what you've read and seen?

Do you like the new expansion from what you've read and seen so far?

Do you like the new expansion from what you've read and seen so far?
    And what is your favorite thing?

Mine is housing feature, when watching they talk about it live on BlizzCon!
    *MINB BLOWS UP* JUST AWESOME DUDE! Love it, can't wait.

Gonna be hard to figure my new main for next expansion tho!
    All these new race model updates, awesome! <3

I was hopeful at first, kind of hyped after seeing the trailer, and now very hyped after everything I've learn/seen.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

From the sounds of things it is temporary housing for one expack. That isn't housing. Also, while you can decide what you will build where and how to upgrade it, you can't actually decide how anything looks, place furniture or trophys, or do anything else that are core features of housing. It isn't really housing. It is more like a fortress from BG2 or NWN2.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    From the sounds of things it is temporary housing for one expack. That isn't housing. Also, while you can decide what you will build where and how to upgrade it, you can't actually decide how anything looks, place furniture or trophys, or do anything else that are core features of housing. It isn't really housing. It is more like a fortress from BG2 or NWN2.
    You can play trophy's! You can decide where buildings are, how they look.
    You can even move your garrison to a new location if you wish.
    You can name your followers, gear them, that's pretty cool. Send them out to do stuff while your offline or not.
    That's pretty customizable and personal in my opinion.

It looks amazing with all the new features and the hype is great. I want to know what they are going to do about the inflating economy and certain one spec, one talent only choices for several classes. I wish for once they would focus on some of the original features of the game such as crafting which is literally a stat stick that flatlines with the stick part after the first or second content patch.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it! I think my favorite thing(s) so far would have to be the solution to bag space problems (toys, heirlooms, and quest items being removed from bags and put in their own UI) and new player models. They may actually make me want to play an orc! I'm also looking forward to how the new male trolls will look.

Quote Originally Posted by Karot View Post
    I love it! I think my favorite thing(s) so far would have to be the solution to bag space problems (toys, heirlooms, and quest items being removed from bags and put in their own UI) and new player models. They may actually make me want to play an orc! I'm also looking forward to how the new male trolls will look.
    What class will you play likely?
    I'm not sure what to do now as I know what is coming. Ahhh! :| To play my Monk up from 86 to higher or to create a new Shaman Dwarf :P Prepare it for new expansion!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting to see how Garrisons pan out over the course of beta.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Wait and see mode.

Voted "I'm confused" I keep thinking I understand, then someone on the forums tells me, then I understand even more, then I think about it more, then I get confused again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    You can play trophy's! You can decide where buildings are, how they look.
    You can even move your garrison to a new location if you wish.
    You can name your followers, gear them, that's pretty cool. Send them out to do stuff while your offline or not.
    That's pretty customizable and personal in my opinion.
    You can't really choose how they look though you can change the location. From what they said the look is a factor of the upgrade path. So if you want to upgrade to x but look like y then it's a no go. Even then you can only choose looks from the given upgrade paths it isn't like you can say I want a 2 story barracks with a red roof, a double door and wooden steps. It is do I want x benefit or y benefit? If it is something you will continue to use after WoD is over for the rest of the game then at least there is that. But they said "throughout the expansion" not "as long as you like" and if it only good for one expack, that is hardly housing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm waiting to see how Garrisons pan out over the course of beta.
    Me too, I really hope it is better than what it sounds like so far.

This expansion, as a long-time Draenei fan, is like a dream come true. I can grin and bear another Orcish-centric expansion if it means Draenei get some time in the sun.

Im gonna set my house up right in front of the portal and then scream at everyone to get off my lawn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    This expansion, as a long-time Draenei fan, is like a dream come true. I can grin and bear another Orcish-centric expansion if it means Draenei get some time in the sun.
    I feel bad for you man, lol how many Draenei do you see in the WOD banner...feel bad for yew!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally kind of dislike the time-traveling story, but I think it's pretty cool we're going to be seeing the old orc chiefs like Kargath, Durotan, and Ner'zhul. The garrisons feature sounds like fun - and is probably the thing I'm most hyped for - and I can't wait to fill my follower roster full of characters named after my friends :P

There's one thing that ruins it all for me though: no new class. I'm the kind of player that likes to tinker with new classes and new spells and leveling characters to 90 is what makes up a majority of my /played. I understand that not every expac so far has introduced a new class, but when new classes weren't introduced there were sweeping changes to the basic mechanics of classes. WotLK brought in the DK, Cataclysm brought in the massive Hunter and Warlock changes (plus the upgraded specialization system), and MoP brought in a brand new talent system AND a new class. So far WoD hasn't shown anything on either scale; It was already confirmed no new class in a Q&A right after the WoW: What's Next? panel, and there's been no known HUGE class mechanic changes seen yet.

And please don't get me wrong, I know that introducing a new class brings up a ton of balancing nightmares for the developers, but it doesn't change the fact that it's something that I personally enjoy and that I'm disappointed to see a lack of. As it currently stands I feel like there isn't much that WoD can offer to me in terms of MY playstyle and what I enjoy from the game. I'm going to pick up WoD sometime after launch when I catch it on sale and put in a few months to check out the lore and garrison feature, but until I hear about some radical changes to one of the existing classes, WoD is going to be on the backburner for me.

tl;dr - I think WoD in general looks great, but I don't like that there's no new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Voted "I'm confused" I keep thinking I understand, then someone on the forums tells me, then I understand even more, then I think about it more, then I get confused again.
    On the surface, it's pretty simple. You as a player aren't time traveling. Draenor has had it's 'position' in time shoved ahead so that pre - Blood of Mannoroth orcs are actually existing in Azeroth's current timeframe. Though arguably, it's unrealistic to assume that our actions can actually alter what happened, as we'd then be undoing our own history (and debating that is probably where it gets confusing )

I feel that I'm not as excited as I've been in the past when it comes to expansions.

Big points for me being:
    Player Housing\The Garrisons - hoping they nail it and make it awesome.
    Story - Sort of trying to look past the all time travel\different timeline\whatever you wanna call it, and mostly looking at the characters we will find. This of course, might be mostly nostalgia talking and might end up disappointed..

Oddly enough, while I thought that the new Models would make me jump up and down like a fangirl, they didn't really get me going that much. I mean - they look good, but.. I dunno, been way more hyped about them in the past, not what I was expecting (Yes, looking at you, Tauren dude).

Most of the rest seem like Quality Improvements that could be "X.3: awesome patch feature!", but not quite as expansion selling points.

Ive played since release with many breaks. This last one being over 6 months now. Not sure I'll be coming back for this guess I'm just burnt out but probably will depend on how good Wild Star is.

I love it! Looks really cool. That being said, I won't be resubscribing for it (unless I can give up my free lvl90 for a free account wide realm transfer...)

I like it, but i'm also disappointed.

I like the free level 90 character.
    I like the petless hunter talent.
    I may like the Garrison's (Wow's version of player housing) if it's done right, and isn't scraped every expansion. Hopefully we carry elements over every expansion and build upon it more and more. If it ends up like Sunsong Ranch... then fail I feel like I put time into Sunsong, considering it my "player housing" for lack there of, and now its just gonna sit there.

I like the improvements to storage and etc. stuff like that.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-11-09 at 07:33 AM.

I'm not sold on this one. The time travel doesn't bother me so much, but it does look as though the story will be all orcs, all the time. Yeah I know they've shown a few Draenei NPCs, but with Dave "Robocat" Kosak now in charge of the narrative, I'm not expecting anything substantial. One of the main complaints about Cata/MoP was that the Alliance was too passive, only reacting to moves by the Horde and never having stories of their own. WoD looks like more of the same.

Garrisons do not interest me. The level 100 hunter talents look like a balancing nightmare. No mention of improvement to Challenge Modes (something other than a timed run, please). A pretty meager number of 5-mans. No improvements to crafting.

The only thing I really liked was the model updates. Those were pretty nice.