Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

So Uh...What Was the Point of Pandaria?

Garrosh didn't even learn anything after siege...and he never even stood trial for his crimes. So what was the point of Mists of Pandaria?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Garrosh didn't even learn anything after siege...and he never even stood trial for his crimes. So what was the point of Mists of Pandaria?
    Well they said he did stand trial and before punishment could occur he escaped. As for learning his lesson? Not everyone learns a lesson. Though I guess the lesson he learned was that he can't trust anyone in present time to get the job done and needs to resort to a more savage horde.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh..to address the issue with Pandaria being cannon and getting to it sooner or later?... I really dont know.

why do we fight?

We and our races learned the answer to this. However there are those still lost in it. Seeking new solutions and new ways that will lead them to the same end and same consequences till they either learn or die. Garrosh is one such man.

Garrosh was never the point of Pandaria. We took away his power base within our world. The horde is free to follow its path under voljin. Gain power honorably as it did before.

It brought in Fraction racial progression. Bring the Alliance together in a unify hold while cleaning out the Horde for a stronger and level-headed leadership. It also gave new weapons to both fractions, Lighting staff for Jaina and Blood Anima for the Blood Elves.
    It also empowered our players, gave them(us) new power we would not have gotten if we never came to Pandaria.
    And finally, it set up Wrathion and the Bronze dragonflight for something big, Wrathion's part is unknown.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    why do we fight?

We and our races learned the answer to this. However there are those still lost in it. Seeking new solutions and new ways that will lead them to the same end and same consequences till they either learn or die. Garrosh is one such man.

Garrosh was never the point of Pandaria. We took away his power base within our world. The horde is free to follow its path under voljin. Gain power honorably as it did before.
    I mean, the spent the whole expansion building him up as a villan. They said we would get to bring him to justice for what he did. I mean, he pretty much destroyed Pandaria. Now we get to go to Draenor and can choose to become "savages" if we want to. So did we really even learn anything?

I had higher hopes for hellscream, you would think having his pride literally crushed at the end of siege that he would be a little more humble. But instead he just shakes his fist and before disappearing into the past shouts "NEXT TIME AZEROTH!!!! NEXT TIIIIIIIIME!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the story is not over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance unified under Varian Wrynn, stronger than its ever been (Kosak described WoD as thematically being the Alliance going on the offensive and invading the Horde's homeworld, in contrast to how the First War played out). Horde has shifted leadership to Vol'jin. Horde and Alliance have learned what is worth fighting for, and are attempting to sort improve diplomacy. Several other characters have gotten quite a bit of plot development, especially Wrathion, Jaina, Anduin, and Lor'themar. We learned more about the history of Azeroth and, in particular, got some hints about the Titans and the Old Gods. We also got a ton of foreshadowing for future story hooks.

I mean, you could honestly ask the same question about Wrath of the Lich King. There's still a Lich King, what did we really accomplish? What did we really accomplish in The Burning Crusade, for that matter? Delayed Kil'jaeden a while?

The key thing to take away here is that Blizzard seems to be taking a new approach to expansion content from here out. They're not going to just have big expansion-centric story arc after big expansion-centric story arc; one boss threatening the world, being killed, and replaced by a new boss threatening the world, being killed, etc. Mists is going to spill over into Warlords, and Warlords is going to spill over into the next. Metzen mentioned they already have a bunch of expansions all planned out.

Now we get to go to Draenor and can choose to become "savages" if we want to.
    Guys, you all need to stop taking out-of-context, paraphrased notes at their face value. That wasn't an actual quote. Kosak was asking the question "will we stand against the savagery, or become savages ourselves?" the general impression given was that we would have to resist the savage nature of Draenor, because it's a brutal world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, there didn't seem to be much point at all. I felt literally zero connection to ANY of the story up 'til Garrosh, who I just wanted to kill for being a loud, annoying asshat.

Enter the world. Horde and Alliance fighting as usual, but they'd do the same no matter where. Nothing to see here. Engage in long, boring Eastern-religion-esque RP with numerous furry beasts. Save a brewery from Beer Elementals, Jazz Jackrabbits and monkeys who repeatedly shout, "Ooked in the dook! Ooked in the dook!" Watch farmer Pandas farm. Help climbing Pandas climb. Fight Mogu and creatures from Bugs Life. Still not sure what the f#ck a Mogu is. Fight trolls, again. Invade my own capital city to dispose of someone who'd have been assassinated about 10 years ago.

That's a pretty forgettable expansion pack, if you ask me. Some good moments, definitely, but an utter waste of time, story-wise, in my opinion. Literally zero point to it.

Here are a few things I am certain about. Garrosh will stand trial in the next patch. Garrosh finds a great lawyer, still loses but hooks up with Dr. Brown (back to the future fame). Garrosh learns absolutely nothing. Jaina was 100% right. Pandaria meant nothing.

Well ultimately he is responsible for cleansing all the sha problems from pandaria, so the pandaren should be kissing his brown booty instead of locking him up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian should have just let Thrall fucking end it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Alliance unified under Varian Wrynn, stronger than its ever been (Kosak described WoD as thematically being the Alliance going on the offensive and invading the Horde's homeworld, in contrast to how the First War played out). Horde has shifted leadership to Vol'jin. Horde and Alliance have learned what is worth fighting for, and are attempting to sort improve diplomacy. Several other characters have gotten quite a bit of plot development, especially Wrathion, Jaina, Anduin, and Lor'themar. We learned more about the history of Azeroth and, in particular, got some hints about the Titans and the Old Gods. We also got a ton of foreshadowing for future story hooks.
    Could have happened anywhere, really. Pandaria didn't have too much to do with it.

I mean, you could honestly ask the same question about Wrath of the Lich King. There's still a Lich King, what did we really accomplish? What did we really accomplish in The Burning Crusade, for that matter? Delayed Kil'jaeden a while?
    Umm, we stopped a much WORSE Lich King from destroying the world. We stopped Illidan and the Burning Legion from coming through the Dark Portal and destroying the world. We stopped Kil'Jaeden from destroying the world. Any further questions? What did we do in MoP? Stopped a few Sha from being Angry, Fearful and Proud? Stopped a Grand Empress who was sitting at the bottom of a large, corrupted tree? I don't think Lei Shen was exactly of imminent danger to Azeroth, although I could be mistaken.

"To bring War back to Warcraft." I imagine would be an official response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking for myself here, but I don't exactly feel more warlike or more opposed to the Alliance after MoP. Just between you and me. They kinda just helped us save our home city from a tyrant. Mighty good of them, should join forces more often. Wait, what?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Could have happened anywhere, really. Pandaria didn't have too much to do with it.

Umm, we stopped a much WORSE Lich King from destroying the world. We stopped Illidan and the Burning Legion from coming through the Dark Portal and destroying the world. We stopped Kil'Jaeden from destroying the world. Any further questions? What did we do in MoP? Stopped a few Sha from being Angry, Fearful and Proud? Stopped a Grand Empress who was sitting at the bottom of a large, corrupted tree? I don't think Lei Shen was exactly of imminent danger to Azeroth, although I could be mistaken.
    Didn't we stop Garrosh from conquering the world?

Lei Shen was forming an alliance with the Zandalari, who aim to wage war on the world?

This line of questioning is moronic. What did we ever accomplish? The entire Warcraft series is just a cycle of villains surfacing and being either killed or driven back, until they can resurface or be replaced by the next villain.

What was the point of anything we've done? We haven't beaten the game yet. We probably never will.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-11-09 at 08:44 AM.

The key thing to take away here is that Blizzard seems to be taking a new approach to expansion content from here out. They're not going to just have big expansion-centric story arc after big expansion-centric story arc; one boss threatening the world, being killed, and replaced by a new boss threatening the world, being killed, etc. Mists is going to spill over into Warlords, and Warlords is going to spill over into the next. Metzen mentioned they already have a bunch of expansions all planned out.

Guys, you all need to stop taking out-of-context, paraphrased notes at their face value. That wasn't an actual quote. Kosak was asking the question "will we stand against the savagery, or become savages ourselves?" the general impression given was that we would have to resist the savage nature of Draenor, because it's a brutal world.
    You got me on the savagery quote I suppose. Had to go back and look at a few panels etc. I just don't get why it had to be Garrosh to do this. It could've been the infinite flight or something. Do we really need more of Hellscream? Didn't we kind of spend 2 expansions dealing with this guy? We'd better drag him off that planet kicking and screaming. As far as the lich king goes, well he was a much worse lich king. For Garrosh we didn't really get anything out of him...I get that they're going for "spill over" for expansions and all but can we be done with Garrosh for a while?

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only person that thinks recurring characters are better than constantly killing characters and inventing new ones to replace them?

Why not use Garrosh as a catalyst to set the next expansion into motion?

A few years ago wasn't there a lot of outrage about Blizzard not using pre-existing characters more often? Weren't people just recently complaining about how Blizzard keeps killing off the old, established characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I have to say, there didn't seem to be much point at all. I felt literally zero connection to ANY of the story up 'til Garrosh, who I just wanted to kill for being a loud, annoying asshat.

Enter the world. Horde and Alliance fighting as usual, but they'd do the same no matter where. Nothing to see here. Engage in long, boring Eastern-religion-esque RP with numerous furry beasts. Save a brewery from Beer Elementals, Jazz Jackrabbits and monkeys who repeatedly shout, "Ooked in the dook! Ooked in the dook!" Watch farmer Pandas farm. Help climbing Pandas climb. Fight Mogu and creatures from Bugs Life. Still not sure what the f#ck a Mogu is. Fight trolls, again. Invade my own capital city to dispose of someone who'd have been assassinated about 10 years ago.

That's a pretty forgettable expansion pack, if you ask me. Some good moments, definitely, but an utter waste of time, story-wise, in my opinion. Literally zero point to it.
    Welp that's your fault for not paying attention to the story.
    But like they always say, ignorance is bliss.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Didn't we stop Garrosh from conquering the world?

Lei Shen was forming an alliance with the Zandalari, who aim to wage war on the world?

This line of questioning is moronic. What did we ever accomplish? The entire Warcraft series is just a cycle of villains surfacing and being either killed or driven back, until they can resurface or be replaced by the next villain.

What was the point of anything we've done? We haven't beaten the game yet. We probably never will.
    It isn't moronic because it brings to light the point that the game didn't used to be like that. With the recycling and hyper-efficiency. And that's why people are frustrated.

And Lei Shen + Zandalari ruling the world? Pffffft.

Illidan (who is so AWESOMELY POWERFUL that he's your sig!) could solo them. Arthas and the scourge could roll over them, and then become even stronger. Tired of all this BS Blizzard keeps pulling out of their ass!