Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    fuck bullies, its kinda his own fault. i hope more of those ppl would get shot by their victims
    Such a reflected statement.

Anyway, on topic, nobody deserves to be murdered for anything like this. Bullying is bad and it's lead to a lot of complicated situations for people who were bullied, however if your next step is to murder said bully, you should consider resolving it in a different matter. Like moving? I mean, ending a teenagers life based on bad choices during puberty and probably screwing up your own, is it really worth it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Does the victim deserve a harsh punishment from a judge later on, or do you think they should be let off with light punishment?
    Murder is murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    fuck bullies, its kinda his own fault. i hope more of those ppl would get shot by their victims
    Yeah, because bullying is exactly the same as killing a person, right? Come on, you can't be serious...

Although it does constitute as murder (or manslaughter to put it more technically), the fact that the bullying was continual will mitigate the punishment. However, self-defense can be used (whether its excessive is a different story; depends on surrounding circumstances). Heck, the failure of the school to adopt any reasonable methods to stop the bullying, which helped contribute to the brain-snap should be valid to show self-defense. Even if that fails, insanity will definitely work nonetheless.

Whilst I don't agree that the bully died, the school should of undertaken reasonably effort to stop the conduct; they were negligent. However, unless more information arises, the bullied kid does not deserve a punishment that amounts to prison. Counselling would be viable however.

Depending on the scenario
    Scenario 1: bully starts shit with him, the victim shoots the bully twice in the chest, hes still alive but he clearly is unable to fight and calls for surrender, the victem than shoots him in the head, he dies.
    Scenario 2: Bully starts shit with him, and throws a punch at him, the victim blows his head off out of fear of his own safety.

Scenario 1: But he does need serious rehabilitation before being released, we can't have loose cannons on the streets. As for the sentencing, it depends very heavily on his history and how he reacts now. If he is remorseful, definitely a lighter sentence cause when he is released he will be less likely to be a loose cannon. If he is self righteous, definitely a lengthy sentence. What crimes have he committed in the past? etc... If a murderer is willing to change his or her ways, he deserves a 2nd chance, if they are just too dangerous and refuse to change, you might want to wait till we reverse-engineer the brain enough for us t o understand how to correct the brains and minds of loose cannons, psychopaths etc which could be 15 years, or 35 years from now. If he is remorseful, rehabilitate, and this is his first felony, less than 5 years. If he is a self righteous, and this is his 2nd felony, life with possibility of parole (meaning if they can rehabilitate him and change him before his life end he gets released).

Scenario 2: self defense, justified.
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2013-11-09 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    murder is murder. doesn't matter if you murdered hitler it's still illegal and under the law of the land you would go to jail.
    Hi

Murder is only self defense that gave up.

If your life is not in danger and you take a life out of your fear, you're still a murderer.

If you cannot see the difference between defending yourself and killing another, you're making excuses for some early age common sense. I have no pity for a killer if his life was not in danger. Even in immediate danger there are plenty of self defense methods that do not require death. The act to kill is a decisive moment where you know damn well what you're doing. Playing stupid will not save you. We tolerate your need to kill if defending your life but only because we know you're too weak minded to understand anything but conquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    If bullies who bullied people enough to drive them to suicide were punished as murderers I would agree that the victim should be punished harshly.

Deleted
    It depends, if little four eyes billy was getting bullied physically and he snapped in self-defense he could argue and get away on those grounds or at least have his sentence reduced in light of the circumstances.

If little billy came in and the bully hadn't touched him all day, and yet he still walked up to the bully and knifed him - that'd be murder; and he'd be tried and sentenced accordingly.

If the kid's actually being beaten, sure, the kid retaliating and the bully dies because of it would be self-defense. So long as he "kills" the bully within reason. Him going Psycho on the guy and stabbing him enough times to make him into a pincoushin isn't going to cut it. Plus, I seriously doubt the school staff would be stupid enough to ignore the case if the kid's actually coming out of it with large bruises and black eyes.

If it's typical bullying, like name-calling and shoving and the general childish BS, then yeah, the kid needs to go to jail. Especially if he uses a gun he took from Daddy's unlocked closet, considering it'd be premeditation.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bully's are scum. The victim who murdered the bully deserves a medal. Beer for this brave man.

"Murder is murder." HAHAHAHA. It really depends on the situation. There are 7 billion people on this world, and if you murder a scumbag, whether it be a rapist, thief, or bully, it is 100% justified. It's not my fault that people feel the need to annoy the living hell out of others, that can sometimes lead to suicide. Or a thief breaking into your house, and if the thief dies, it's his own damn fault. Shouldn't have become a thief. Should've picked a different profession.

I knew people who have been bullied, to the point of almost killing themselves, thank god it never happened though. I've been bullied too, mainly on lower school. I often had thoughts about slitting their throats or stuff like that. It never came to that though.

This may sound harsh but this is how I think and feel. If you don't like it, too bad.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I agree with the general consensus here - that the victim certainly should be punished, but with the fact of him having been bullied as a significant mitigating factor in determining his sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    That's not the way the world works though. If we had the right to murder every 'bad' person in this world the human race would quickly go extinct.
    Basically this. It sucks, but it has to be this way. Though, I do think the school could be sued for ignoring the bullying, in this case.

However, if the bully attacked him first, he could plead self defense and if there was enough bullying evidence, probably get away with it.

First degree murder is mandatory life without parole. I don't give a fuck who you murder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I often had thoughts about slitting their throats or stuff like that. It never came to that though.
    That's the point, though.

A lot of people who got bullied over an extended period of time probably thought about killing the culprit(s) at times - some just as a general idea, some maybe even had concrete plans.
    I know that. But it's one thing to simply think about it (which is completely understandable and fine) - and a whole different thing to actually do it.
    You can't let yourself go that far.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-11-09 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Murder is murder.

The 'victim' should receive the same punishment as any other murderer would.

I really hope this isnt the OP describing something he is going through IRL and possibly contemplating. Murder is murder don't do it. And I think the murderer should be punished tot he fullest extent of the law especially if he was thinking it out beforehand. There are many more creative things you can do to a bully besides killing them perhaps shoot their dick off, cut off their testicles, shread their insides so they have to use a colostomy bag the rest of their life.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Humans aren't monsters. They can be dicks, asshats, or psychopathic maniacs, but they're still human.

gotta disagree here. most of the population dont meet the criteria to be called human beings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thephayul View Post
    gotta disagree here. most of the population dont meet the criteria to be called human beings.
    Spoiler; Yes they do.

The school staff should be persecuted for severe neglect of their students. They should never be allowed to work in an educational establishment again. The boy should have the sentence reduced. Maybe manslaughter in self defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thephayul View Post
    Just remember: for every person you think that about, there's someone thinking that about you.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.