Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dark Portal to Outland and Dark Portal to Draenor

"When the Dark Portal turns Red and cuts you off from regular Outland, you might be able to go through Caverns of Time."

Wouldn't it make more sense if it was the other way around? You should go through Caverns of Time to get back in time. This doesn't make any sense...

They mentioned something about youre really not going back in time.... more like an alternate reality. To be completely honest the whole time travel predicament has really screwed me up

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    They mentioned something about youre really not going back in time.... more like an alternate reality.
    Okay, alternative reality which is back in time. Same shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Outland will be in the past (it already is), while the new Draenor "collided" with our timeline, and belongs to the present. Something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Technically Outland is back in time and the red dark portal is like well a portal to a different Draenor

They connected their Dark Portal with our Dark Portal. Not their Caverns of Time with our Caverns of Time.

I'm pretty sure that they said this 'Draenor' was 30 years before it became Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    They mentioned something about youre really not going back in time.... more like an alternate reality. To be completely honest the whole time travel predicament has really screwed me up
    The storylines already borked. Outland should have been in CoT since Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Technically Outland is back in time and the red dark portal is like well a portal to a different Draenor
    How is Outland back in time? That doesn't make sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they said this 'Draenor' was 30 years before it became Outland.
    That is true, but azeroth is currently in the time after the sundering, and outland is before so it is already kinda weird.

And garrosh got them to open the portal with help from the dragon to our time aka the future.

So it would be fine if they make us go to outland in CoT instead.

because all of that happened in TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand, this Draenor pretty much collides with the Outland of our time and replaces it (THIS IS AN ASSUMPTION, DON'T TAKE IT AS FACT!). Azeroth's unchanged though, so I'm assuming that timelines from different planets aren't directly linked, which is why we can get a Draenor with totally different events without changing a thing in our Azeroth, or vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

You've been told the answer now you're just arguing with people despite knowing nothing of what you're talking about. What is your proof that Outland is not back in time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of how far behind it is lorewise compared to where we are now. Garrosh being a crybaby in nagrand, Varian still missing, not knowing Kaelthas is a traitor until you get to shatt, etc...

It is. Garrosh and his "friend" tied that timeline into our existing one. So it's technically in the present and we're just going to another world much like outlands.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The events of Outland are in the past of the current story. In the current story, Deathwing is dead, Arthas is dead, Illidan is dead. Go to Outland and Illidan is alive. Therefore, Outland is in the past.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Northrend should be in the caverns of time as well.

they could just split the dark portal in half. a green side that goes to outlands and a red side that goes to draenor.

if you try to enter the portal in the middle, you get ripped apart by the dimensions. the game tells you why you died, and you won't be doing it again unless you like to die lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Current leveling timeline goes something like this:
    (Vanilla doesn't exist anymore) > Cata > Outland > Wrath > Cata > Mists > Warlords.
    Lore timeline is more like this:
    Vanilla > Outland > Wrath > Cata (New zones and old words revamp) > Mists > Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    From what I understand, this Draenor pretty much collides with the Outland of our time and replaces it (THIS IS AN ASSUMPTION, DON'T TAKE IT AS FACT!). Azeroth's unchanged though, so I'm assuming that timelines from different planets aren't directly linked, which is why we can get a Draenor with totally different events without changing a thing in our Azeroth, or vice versa.
    Well, isn't the objective of Garrosh to stop Gromm and Warsong clan (and the rest of the orcs) from drinking Mannoroth's blood? Then it really isn't colliding with our Outland since that already happened in our current time zone.