Poll: Are they human?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Should psychopaths be considered human?

Psychopaths lack something that is pretty much key to being human, empathy. Without this, they are dangerous and really give nothing to society. If you lack empathy (humanity), can you be considered truly human? If not, what should be done to psychopaths? Do they deserve to stick around and be a threat to "humans"?

- - - Updated - - -

And no, I am not promoting open season on psychopaths ... although I feel nothing for them. Just asking what people think about this subject.

Deleted
    Should you ?

Humans by nature are evil "subjective term" Psychopaths that's tricky. Psychopaths come in all shapes and forms. If you go by say murders and such as psychopaths.. yes they are human. They represent what humanity is.

Deleted
    The real question here is: should humans be considered psychopaths? DundunDUN

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Humans by nature are evil "subjective term" Psychopaths that's tricky. Psychopaths come in all shapes and forms. If you go by say murders and such as psychopaths.. yes they are human. They represent what humanity is.
    There is no such thing as evil.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Should OP be considered human?

Besides psychopaths don't necessarily lack empathy. They can still understand emotions, but the may not necessarily want to share them with others.
    Last edited by shamantime; 2013-11-09 at 09:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you the internet?
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Should you ?
    Am I a psychopath?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Am I a psychopath?
    This is debatable...

Can't most of the same things be said about the retarded?

Doesn't that makes you a psychopath if you don't consider certain human beings human? After all psychopaths lack empathy and you are certainly displaying that quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Can't most of the same things be said about the retarded?
    They have an excuse because they can't comprehend the world around them to the same extent. Psychopaths don't have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    There is no such thing as evil.
    Exactly, but people consider evil as doing bad like killings as that but it's just nature. Hence the subjective term ""

Quote Originally Posted by starcitygames View Post
    Doesn't that makes you a psychopath if you don't consider certain human beings human? After all psychopaths lack empathy and you are certainly displaying that quite well.
    If you feel nothing for mankind, I cannot see how anyone could feel for you. I see the rest of humanity as brothers and sisters ... and imagine if a man (the psychopaths) killed a brother or sister of yours... would you feel for him (the psychopaths)?

Quote Originally Posted by starcitygames View Post
    Does lack of empathy automatically make you a "psychopath?" Are things like psychopath and insane a point of view? The way I see it is that some people might view those that are void of emotion or understanding, as stupid, dumb, weird, or freaks. All labels, all perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Kinda offensive to Psychopaths, they're human, they have the same insides, the same outsides, they're the same as us, they just have a mind that works in a different way to us.
    Might aswell consider black people inhuman for their skin, or homosexual inhuman for liking a different sex.
    Besides, not all psychopaths are murderers, they shouldn't be victomised for their opinions/feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    You "feel nothing" for psychopaths, many of whom may never have done anything to you, and might very well be useful, contributing members of society. You are essentially saying that you have selective empathy, making you less empathetic than other humans. By your argument that without empathy, one is not human, should those with less empathy like yourself be some kind of second-class human?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Yeah, OP, I think we should, like, totally put every child through a psychopath-test in school, and if they fail it we kill them for the betterment of proper humans, or something.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Kinda offensive to Psychopaths, they're human, they have the same insides, the same outsides, they're the same as us, they just have a mind that works in a different way to us.
    Might aswell consider black people inhuman for their skin, or homosexual inhuman for liking a different sex.
    Besides, not all psychopaths are murderers, they shouldn't be victomised for their opinions/feelings.
    1. Offensive to psychopaths? Haha... wow. That's like saying "Wow, that's offensive to child molesters!"
    2. Plenty of things have the same insides ... but it's our brain that makes us different from everything else in this world.
    3. So you are saying being brown or liking men is comparable to apathy? Wow...
    4. Not all of them are murderers, but psychopaths will do anything that will get them that they want at the expensive of the rest of the world. Many of our politicians are psychopaths because psychopaths are attracted to power. Psychopaths would destroy humanity if they had the chance if it would grant them something in turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you feel nothing for mankind, I cannot see how anyone could feel for you. I see the rest of humanity as brothers and sisters ... and imagine if a man (the psychopaths) killed a brother or sister of yours... would you feel for him (the psychopaths)?
    Because we have empathy. We sympathize with people thousands of miles away because we are genetically designed to do so. It is irrational. Psychopaths are 100% logical and rational.

And now you're talking about murderers. Psychopaths are not automatically murderers, and plenty of non-psychopaths commit murder.

Why don't we judge people on how they act instead on how they were born? For a German American, you'd think you'd get the whole "don't kill people because they were born different" deal.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Offensive to psychopaths? Haha... wow. That's like saying "Wow, that's offensive to child molesters!"
    Without committing a crime, psychopaths are people with a brain disorder. THEY ARE NOT CRIMINALS.

2. Plenty of things have the same insides ... but it's our brain that makes us different from everything else in this world.
    I refer to Gandalf:
    "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
    3. So you are saying being brown or liking men is comparable to apathy? Wow...
    It is exactly the same. You are arguing that psychopaths are evil because they were born different. Substitute any skin color, any orientation, the argument is no different.

4. Not all of them are murderers, but psychopaths will do anything that will get them that they want at the expensive of the rest of the world. Many of our politicians are psychopaths because psychopaths are attracted to power. Psychopaths would destroy humanity if they had the chance if it would grant them something in turn.
    Many non-psychopaths will do terrible things for wealth.

Why don't we punish people for their actions instead of for their genetics?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.