Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Siegecrafter H - Conveyor Belts

    Greetings,

    My guild are on the second week of progress on Siegecrafter Blackfuse Heroic and we're struggling with the conveyor belt dps a little, we don't have an optimal raid setup, most of our raid is comprised of ranged DPS and we're even rolling 2 mages, myself and another guildie, both playing fire might I add.

    We've both been tasked with the job of going up on the conveyor along with 2 other DPS, and needless to say for the majority of the time our DPS is fine, we have unglyphed combustion so we can ensure it's up all of the time, and we've worked out nice little rotation of cooldowns such as second potion timings and use of mirror images for a small dps upgrade aswell. We're also playing smart and not wasting globals on blink up on the conveyor if we can avoid it.

    Now to the point, the god dam RNG is getting on our nerves, we cannot seem to put out the required DPS ALL of the time, just MOST of the time, now aside from having another DPS come out and help sometimes, are there any fire mages out there which have experienced this encounter and had similar troubles as me, i've recently tried crit > mastery > haste build out giving me around 8% extra mastery and losing some haste, seems to give me more DPS with ignites + combustions, however, is there anything i'm missing?

    Cheers

    Nez
    apathy-guild.eu

  2. #2
    High Overlord Henzington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    184
    I didn't know this so I mention it. You can jump on the belts and move in the opposite direction rather then just run. Also timing your combustion to cleave onto the mines can be helpful but make sure it will be up for the next belt.

  3. #3
    Could you elaborate on the things you do with Mirror Images? I tried it on the belt and they weren't doing anything for me.

  4. #4
    I've also on belt duty, the most useful thing is to know the spots you have to use, I've learn the fire sequences of each round I have to go up so I don't waste time walking (or at least minimize that part), so I can spent more time casting and so. But if you are having problems do not hesitate to go with 3 dps, this fight is about learning how to survive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henzington View Post
    Also timing your combustion to cleave onto the mines can be helpful but make sure it will be up for the next belt.
    In 10m hc the most used tactic is to kill always bombs on belt (unless you have a really good raid composition to deal with bombs)

  5. #5
    I thought frost was the go to spec for this fight on heroic?

  6. #6
    High Overlord Henzington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    184
    It depends on your raid comp and which difficulty. If you kill mines every time then no it wont be and if you weren't going up on the belt at all you could even do arcane if you wanted to.

  7. #7
    There's a safe spot on the very outside of the belt on the wall side where you can stand and not be pulled by the belt. Not sure they've hot-fixed it or not but it worked the 3rd week in SoO.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    There's a safe spot on the very outside of the belt on the wall side where you can stand and not be pulled by the belt. Not sure they've hot-fixed it or not but it worked the 3rd week in SoO.
    Could you screenshot this spot for me? I tested it yesterday in LFR and couldnt find it. Does it matter if on which end of the belt (where they spawn or where they leave) you are?

    Not in the video, but I also tried standing exactly at the belt opening on the edge of the belt near the wall, and still got pulled.
    Last edited by Kathos; 2013-11-13 at 07:41 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathos View Post
    Could you screenshot this spot for me? I tested it yesterday in LFR and couldnt find it. Does it matter if on which end of the belt (where they spawn or where they leave) you are?

    Not in the video, but I also tried standing exactly at the belt opening on the edge of the belt near the wall, and still got pulled.
    I don't do the belt anymore on our attempts (other classes can do it better so why bother eh?) but the position looks like this: standing on Siegecrafter's platform facing the conveyor belt on the left, it is the back side of the belt (note it's technically the side of the belt) not the start or finish. You have to inch your way onto it to get there...I'll see if my guild will let me to go up there and test it this week and I'll try and get a screenshot.

  10. #10
    Could you please place a mark where it is on http://bossblueprint.com/wow and save the blueprint?

    Should be easier then asking to be on belt Much appreciated!

  11. #11
    Blademaster Myxel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    30
    A Priests Levitate will also negate the pushback effect of the belt, meaning you can stand still and DPS. (Don't know if it was mentioned above, if it was, sorry.)

    Also, alot of RNG? How much crit are you running with?

    I'm guessing your CD rotation is sorted, just make sure you make full usage of your Combust since you keep it unglyphed.

  12. #12
    You should be doing a scorch spam rotation for maximum pyro procs during that short dps window if you aren't already.

    There will be minimal difference between a haste build and a mastery build for belt duty. You will only have roughly 15-18 seconds of dps time on the weapon, it needs to be at 1 hp before completely passing the final fire line or you risk failing even if it reaches 1 hp while still "on the belt".

    Make sure you don't waste cooldowns if belt dps is high. If you are the first group up and everyone is popping cooldowns on it and it WILL die quicker then needed, don't waste alter time on it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Methens View Post
    I thought frost was the go to spec for this fight on heroic?
    can anyone who has done thins hc as frost provide feedback?
    my guild(baddies, us-stormreaver 25m) just started this hc this week and we are having issues with the belt. we run with 1-3 mages depending on the fight. all of us are arcane. currently we send mostly mele on the belt - 3 rogues, 3 dk, 2 warrior, 1 monk in groups of 5(1 ranged in there somewhere i think). we are considering trying a fire mage in each of the 2 belt groups. at least one of the other mages probably has the gear for fire. me on the other hand - i have not been picking up fire gear so my fire setup would look something like 15k crit, 10k haste, 8500 mastery. being in t16 this makes me concerned that the RNG will be too swingy to be reliable on such a time frame. so i am curious to see how well frost does on the belt. does frozen orb have pathing issues on the belt? i remember ROP would not work on the belt. and i am assuming that going to every other belt would allow for 1min CDs to be up every time and 3min CDs for at least 2 belts?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by neim View Post
    can anyone who has done thins hc as frost provide feedback?
    my guild(baddies, us-stormreaver 25m) just started this hc this week and we are having issues with the belt. we run with 1-3 mages depending on the fight. all of us are arcane. currently we send mostly mele on the belt - 3 rogues, 3 dk, 2 warrior, 1 monk in groups of 5(1 ranged in there somewhere i think). we are considering trying a fire mage in each of the 2 belt groups. at least one of the other mages probably has the gear for fire. me on the other hand - i have not been picking up fire gear so my fire setup would look something like 15k crit, 10k haste, 8500 mastery. being in t16 this makes me concerned that the RNG will be too swingy to be reliable on such a time frame. so i am curious to see how well frost does on the belt. does frozen orb have pathing issues on the belt? i remember ROP would not work on the belt. and i am assuming that going to every other belt would allow for 1min CDs to be up every time and 3min CDs for at least 2 belts?
    Any mage spec is fine for this fight assuming NO BELT DUTY.

    If you use a mage for belt duty it MUST BE FIRE.

    I strongly suggest in a 25m raid to NOT use mages for belt duty in a main group, I would only suggest using mages as a BACKUP incase someone derps and dies.

  15. #15
    High Overlord Henzington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    184
    If you can get a levitate from a priest then you aren't moved at all on the belt but the issue with this is the damage from the shredder is often at the same time as you are going in.

  16. #16
    I personally kept my combustion glyphed, and based on whether or not you have the new 2p/4p.. I tried to always have my 4p available before going up and keeping up 3+ stacks of the 2p. If done correctly, it will allow you to combust almost immediately and that extra haste + guaranteed crit really makes quite a large difference.

    All that said, when I was progging this fight I would average around 6 million dps on the belt each time and it has a total of 12.1 million. I went up with a hunter (pretty damn strong at belt dps) so he would usually "carry" most of it.

    Fire is pretty meh for belt dps but if you are forced into it, just find a way that works everytime.

    I would almost go out and say send both mages up with glyphed combustion at the same time, then every other belt just send up a 3rd dps as your glyphed combustion wont come up again until you are roughly halfway through the next belt.
    US 1st 10M -- Nightmare Asylum 14/14H

  17. #17
    I'll get the boss blueprint up for you...the site was down when I last tried.

  18. #18
    thanks. guildy of mine found this. good visual reference

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    I'll get the boss blueprint up for you...the site was down when I last tried.
    Any more information on it?

  20. #20
    If you are leaving many mines up, I'd recommend frost. It's really strong for CC'ing/kiting/killing mines. Frost can also do okay on the belts with Ice Floes and saving Frozen Orb and a BF/FoF proc.

    Fire with unglyphed combustion is the best at belts though.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •