Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    3rd post now? You are still missing the point and the question.....
    No, your point is loud and clear. It's wrong, but it's very obvious. Now whether these features intrigue you or not isn't the issue. The amount of work that goes into an expansion pales even a full patch cycle for an expansion.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Unilythe View Post
    So this all comes down to that for you an expansion is really only an expansion when there's a new race/class. Because for the rest I don't see a difference in this expansion compared to previous ones, apart from that this expansion seems to change WAY more gamplay mechanics. I'd see that as expansion content, but who am I? I could easily also call everything you just listed as expansion content.

When do people finally realize that when you are disappointed/not impressed it's not a reason to make a new thread immediately and tell everyone: "Hey guys, I am not impressed, you guys aren't either right? Right?! Eh... Guys?"
    Well, I guess never.
    I respect your opinion, and I can see how you can draw that conclusion. Maybe I chose my words poorly as I feel this is getting a tad lost in translation. It was my thought that WoD, fell short on what we have all come to expect from the norm on Blizz expansions.

You know expansions are basically a ton of patch content released all at once, right? And no, item squish is in no shape or form "patch content" unless all you do is pet battles in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by enth View Post
    not even flaming you're just spastic really, hurrr gonna go complain on mmo champ as if anything you say will ever have the slightest impact on the game, how big of a neckbeard do you have to be to actually care what you get on release, the game hasn't changed in 6 years, press buttons on keyboard, collect loot, all the rest is bullshit no good player cares about
    Now you resort to name calling and can't have constructive discussion. I am not complaining I posed questions. This was not a FU Blizz thread, you suck!

Deleted
    The most underwhelming expansion was Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Personally for me, there really is no unique big feature this expansion arguably the garrisons but that doesn't appeal to me at all. Item squish the only thing that has kept my interest.
    So, new quests, new world, new raids, new content overall isn't enough? What excaclty are you looking for??

I am a beta player, and have leveled all 11 classes to 90. I love this game, have hated it at times, but I am still here. Yes I will admit I have been hanging on by a string lately but I want to try and take the emotion out for a second and look at the facts. I own every CE edition that has been released and each one has had strong selling points. So lets look at WoD and it's so called selling points vs standard and evolving upgrades to the game, i.e "patch feeling content"

1. Garrisons- Selling point, personally think it's kinda of cool.
    2. Item squish- Patch content
    3. LvL Cap to 100- Can be argued as both, as it is expected with any expansion, not really a "new" selling point.
    4. New Race models- uuuummm honestly in my opinion it's patch content not a selling point.
    5. Stat, Gear, Profession changes-Patch content.
    6. New world- Selling point and maybe patch content undertones, as expected new Art and zones.
    7. New Raids/Raiding changes- Feels like patch content.

So when you look at the facts you can argue we are going to be paying 40-100$ for Garrisons, new level Cap and a New World? To me that seems very underwhelming as an Expansion and more like a glorified Large Scale Patch. Looking at the WoW history we normally pay for new races and or classes.

Now this is NOT another screw Blizz Thread, I WANT all of you to step back, remove emotion (well attempt) and look at it from a "What am I truly spending my money on angle"

I am hoping you can all help me make sense of this whole thing as the more I look at it the more im like ....seriously? WTF.
    Most of the expansion content is in new quests, dungeons and stuff like that, and we know very little about how big the dungeons really are going to be and how many new quests and how big the zones really are going to be, so i would wait until your in a beta or can watch someone stream to see if you really get what you pay for.

And we will probably see alot more information in the future since they just have a small amout of time at blizzcon so they have to really pick what to talk about and what to save for later.
    Last edited by Raven; 2013-11-09 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    No, your point is loud and clear. It's wrong, but it's very obvious. Now whether these features intrigue you or not isn't the issue. The amount of work that goes into an expansion pales even a full patch cycle for an expansion.
    Ok for once I agree with you here about the work, a lot obviously went into this. Let me ask you this, if these changes were rolled out over say 6 months and not all at once, would you still consider them ex-pac worthy? To put it more clearly,if it wasn't part of an ex-pac would you pay an additional 10$ a month for 4-6 months for this new "Content"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    You know expansions are basically a ton of patch content released all at once, right? And no, item squish is in no shape or form "patch content" unless all you do is pet battles in WoW.
    Partly, but we have as a player base historically paid for the class/race releases as those don't come in content patches.

I respect your opinion, and I can see how you can draw that conclusion. Maybe I chose my words poorly as I feel this is getting a tad lost in translation. It was my thought that WoD, fell short on what we have all come to expect from the norm on Blizz expansions.
    Well, everyone's different and you apparently find the announcement currently disappointing.
    I personally don't, but this is incredibly subjective.

I think it looks ok, but I'm always hesitant to even speak about expansions considering so much is bound to change before live.
    I like the setting and what they're doing with it, and I'm a lore nerd so that works well for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    •The team hasn't decided how new character models will be released yet. It could have all of the completed race at launch, or they could be added every patch

This concerns me because they've reeled everyone in with shiny new orcs, dwarves and gnomes, but then they say that they may release other updates to character models in patches? I mean really? They are basically just teasing us at this point. With no new race or class either, I'm actually kind of let down a bit by what I've seen so far.
    They aren't sure if they can manage all of them until release. That's why they keep that door open.
    These are passionate people, and if there's a chance in hell, that they can deliver them all at release, they will.

But I rather have them delay a few for future patches than rush stuff out in bad quality.

Every expansion s far was:
    New zones, Quests, Dungeons, Raids
    New race(s) OR class
    Some other gimmick

This expansion is:
    New zones, Quests, Dungeons, Raids
    As many new races as they can manage (Overhaul is essentially as much work as creating a new race, if not more with all those restrictions)
    Garrison as gimmick

Lookin' mighty fine to me.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-11-09 at 11:41 PM.

Ok for once I agree with you here about the work, a lot obviously went into this. Let me ask you this, if these changes were rolled out over say 6 months and not all at once, would you still consider them ex-pac worthy? To put it more clearly,if it wasn't part of an ex-pac would you pay an additional 10$ a month for 4-6 months for this new "Content"?
    I wouldn't call TBC, WotLK, Cata and Mists X-Pac worthy either when rolled out over 6 months. THe fact is that it's is not rolled out over 6 months. It has a new continent larger than the Outlands was, it has a big chunk of lore and a plot behind it, it has leveling from 90-100 and it has 6-7 new dungeons and 2 new raids. That qualifies as an expansion for me.

Honestly this expansion offers alot more for me than previous expansions, and I will gladly pay my $40 for the new expansion and keep a sub going - sure as hell beats buying the latest cod rehash.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Quote Originally Posted by LolphDundgren View Post
    So, new quests, new world, new raids, new content overall isn't enough? What excaclty are you looking for??
    That is all stuff we just get in regular patches anyway. Expansion are suppose to bring giant new features or system.

Deleted
    Hey, we get nice story plotz!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    If you boil it down that way... All of the expansions were just paying for a new level cap and some random other stuff. Also, your list of what was a selling point vs what is patch content is rather subjective. I don't mean to be rude or mean, but yeah. I look at updated character models as a selling point because of the people who wanted them to be updated.

I feel as though this expansion offers just as much (in terms of selling points) as the previous expansions.
    You are right and it is very subjective. I personally, am disappointed in the majority of the reveals. However I like some of the new changes. For me it just doesn't feel like a true expansion.

BC/WotLK (Aside from achievements)/Cata hardly even had any "Huge" features you are talking about. MoP is probably the only one that did and even that is subject to opinion. See guys I used the word opinion.
    Last edited by Gilthresa; 2013-11-09 at 11:42 PM.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Hey, we get nice story plotz!
    lol, that was well needed.

Patch content. EVERYTHING IS PATCH CONTENT!

I really don't get what the issue is, for you, honestly. Playing ever since early TBC (seriously, that is, but I messed around with the game here and there during Vanilla), to me an Expansion Pack means higher level cap, a new "world," new abilities, and a new story. Everything else is just minor features, and I can't really see how those minor features in various expansions could be major selling points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Is it really such a big deal we don't have a new race or class? We've gotten them in every expansion (hell in MoP we got both); I think we can survive an expansion without them.

The new zones and world is the expansion. The rest is content as usual. You have been lucky to have proving grounds and tons of glyphs in content patch, no real need to add that much crap into the expansion.