Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    all 5+sec cc needs to go out the window or cut them with atleast half duration

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    all 5+sec cc needs to go out the window or cut them with atleast half duration
    How would we kill healer dps? CC that instant needs to be cut down. Scatter traps and cc with long setups are fine. Its not the amount of cc that pisses me off its the fact that its all instant and spammable.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worsthitmanNa View Post
    How would we kill healer dps? CC that instant needs to be cut down. Scatter traps and cc with long setups are fine. Its not the amount of cc that pisses me off its the fact that its all instant and spammable.
    well obviously more than just cc needs to be changed first of all not being able to kill a healer shouldnt be a reason to have so much and so long cc's. a healer shouldnt be so op he can stand 2 or even more dpsers nuking him without being chain cc'd

6.0 What CC to Remove?
    anything that is instant...

that is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    PvP'd since vanilla. Gotten a handful of gladiator titles. 300k+ hks.

No. God no.

- - - Updated - - -

Warrior
    Disrupting Shout
    Mass Spell Reflect
    Shockwave
    Storm Hammer (basically every CC talent should be replaced)

Mage
    Pet nova

Priest
    Dominate Mind
    Void Tendrils
    Psy Field

Warlock
    Death Coil
    Shadowfury
    Blood Horror

Rogue
    Reduce duration of KS
    Drop the whole "endless openers" and "stealthed for 5 sec after losing stealth"

Paladin
    Repentence
    Evil is a point of view
    Blinding Light

Hunter
    Every pet CC/interrupt/root
    Silencing Shot/That new interrupt
    Narrow Escape

Monk
    Silence on interrupt
    Make Thousand Fists trinketable

Druid
    Solar Beam needs to be trinketable
    Nature's Grasp
    Using feral interrupts as non-feral specs
    Bash

Shaman
    Seems fine. Maybe a longer cd on their interrupt.

Death Knight
    Also fine.

Warlock main.
    Warrior- yes to all, add a shout that stuns 1 enemy for 3-4 seconds and knock back everyone else (short range)

Mage-yes no but PoM poly dragon's breath is a mini stun into a 70% slow (think charge)

Priest- Dominate mind is fine because it controls both you and the controller (they should add resistance so that you have some control of movement but no control over abilites. yes to everything else

Warlock- shadowfury is a fair ability reduce the range a bit, and remove fear pathing and make it so fear targets run around in a circle.

Rouge- cheap shot no longer dr's but lasts 1.5 seconds, remove free combo point abilites such as mark of death, remove blind replace it with ranged smoke bomb

Paladin - yes to all

Hunter - Pet abilities stay silencing shot is blanket that doesn't lock you out if it interrupts -yes to everything else

Monk - Fists is main damage so if you can it trinket-able it would be a big nerf - silence is well disigned so no

Druid - remove Nature's swiftness - no to everything else because it what makes the class.

Shaman - Remove Nature's swiftness

Dk- yes

10+ Year Old Account
    No CC should be removed because nobody really knows how the stat squish is going to effect damage/healing burst levels. Plus removing things from classes is like going backwards in time, just keep whatever classes have and add more things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    No CC should be removed because nobody really knows how the stat squish is going to effect damage/healing burst levels. Plus removing things from classes is like going backwards in time, just keep whatever classes have and add more things.
    I think ccs are not bad, but we just need more ways to get out of them.

Also people make me laugh when they want to nerf monk silence and FoF, getting the monk silence requires skill, and is very easily counterable. And it is possible to trinket FoF, you just need to learn when to trinket at the right time.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I think ccs are not bad, but we just need more ways to get out of them.
    another form of arms race upon existing one?

Make ALL hard CC share diminishing returns (Stun, Fear, Poly, Blind whatever else there is) before becoming immune to CC for 20 seconds

Roots are broken on ANY damage after 2-4 seconds, slows are slows, keep them as they are.

Fear keeps you in place, it's too buggy at the moment, people going through walls, getting stuck in things, sometimes ending up CLOSER to the target... it's dumb

Make PvP trinket baseline, having just 1 race with it is stupid

PvP IS NOT FUN when you can't DO anything, I noticed a lot of low level PvP, even though it was incredibly imbalanced felt a lot more fun because I was actually in control of my character more. Nothing is more frustrating than sitting there for 20 seconds being unable to do anything

Obviously this would mean healers would need to be rebalanced yet again in PvP because if you couldn't chain CC A healer they'd just heal people up to full no problem.

I think PvP needs so much CC due to the nature of the burst, both healing AND damage. Too many big cooldowns making classes either gimped without them or overpowered with them. I get balance is hard but you've had 8 years practice, just make spells work different in PvP if it's that hard, and don't give me the BS about it being too technically difficult because you've hotfixed and changed enough so far in minor patches that it can't be that hard.

Deleted
    Make ALL hard CC share diminishing returns (Stun, Fear, Poly, Blind whatever else there is) before becoming immune to CC for 20 seconds
    Obviously this would mean healers would need to be rebalanced yet again in PvP because if you couldn't chain CC A healer they'd just heal people up to full no problem.
    In this scenario healers will be a secondary issue, 20 sec freedoms would provide a huge advantage for melee paintrain comps.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just remove all the dumb shit they added since wolk/cata

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    another form of arms race upon existing one?
    Instead of a game where you can never stop heals? Yes.

These are the changes that need to be made are:
    Aoe cc will all have a 1.5 cast time(maybe moveable for melee?)
    A blanket silence is removed and replaced with a instant cast silence, they can not use ic spells wile they have this silence on them.(this will force people to cast and be interrupted by normal interrupt)
    The damage to interrupt fear and hex is now all interlinked. So if you get damage the it breaks the next one if you get feared and take damage you will automatically get out of it. This will reset on hex/fear dr.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by ericcrazy View Post
    I fail to see the issue here.

Instant CC's are a huge pain, agreed.

But Instant Hex is on a 1.5min CD at best, it is a huge gamble because you will lose your instant heal for 1.5minutes, Instant Hex is powerful but this thing can backfire onto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I fail to see the issue here.

Instant CC's are a huge pain, agreed.

But Instant Hex is on a 1.5min CD at best, it is a huge gamble because you will lose your instant heal for 1.5minutes, Instant Hex is powerful but this thing can backfire onto you.
    the ability is broken it is a lay on hands/ instant cc both are bad for pvp balance

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removing Cyclone would be beautiful. Most hated thing I have ever seen or had done to be.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I'd just like to see some common sense changes to all CC. Hard CC like sheep, cyclone etc should be on a long CD's and non spammable. There should be a limitation to their use. For the love of god fear etc should break any ANY non dot damage. What does CC really add to PvP? It originally existed for a PvE role that no longer exists. Is hard CC required AT ALL outside of PvP and grinding? The days of doing TBC heroics and having to CC mobs, and wiping if you broke it early are long long gone.

Some classes need their sustained damage and survivability increasing, I think you could then justify reducing their CC. Likewise - players should be punished in a PvP scenario for ignoring healers, or having a bad priority for kills.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez7 View Post

My suggestion is for Blizzard to give CC DR a rework. If you land a Stun (which breaks on damage) then the next CC cast on you lasts half the amount that you were just CCd by. If you ate a HoJ, then the fear is 3 seconds; if you were feared for 8 seconds, then the next HoJ is 4 seconds - and the Cyclone after that is 2 seconds. After which you would be immune to all CC for 10 seconds. The reason this COULD work is if Blizzard altered the following:
    I like this idea, not a bad change. Though I do disagree with you on some points.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    All hard cc like poly,hex,cyclone etc should have at least a 30 second cd. Spammable cc is horse s**t and needs to go away.
    yes please, thats a buff to hex since it's currently on a huge 45 second cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ericcrazy View Post
    the caster with the least instants nerf it's instants? seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yes please, thats a buff to hex since it's currently on a huge 45 second cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

the caster with the least instants nerf it's instants? seems legit.

shamans offer instant utility (totems) homogenization is bad for class design removing an ability that is bad for pvp and pve is fair no matter how weak or strong that class is.

Leave signature moves (poly, fear, sap etc) and remove the rest

Fears break instantly on any non lock dots

Any spammable cc has cooldowns
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic