Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I can't find a place to buy a poppy here
    Neither can I, but I changed my forum avatar this week

Every country has a shady past, but that doesn't mean we can't remember the sacrifices made by the people who fought in WWI and WWII.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-11-10 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted
    I have had it with this forum, you cannot have a thread to remember the dead without shit slinging fuckwits appearing out of nowhere. Some of you are cool and I wish you all the best, the rest of you can go fuck yourself. Here's to my fifth active infraction and a lifetime ban, cheers!

I can't find a place to buy a poppy here
    the narcotic or the non-narcotic kind?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I have had it with this forum, you cannot have a thread to remember the dead without shit slinging fuckwits appearing out of nowhere. Some of you are cool and I wish you all the best, the rest of you can go fuck yourself. Here's to my fifth active infraction and a lifetime ban, cheers!
    this forum is full of political correctness crusaders. just look at that thread about Russia and gay rights for the Olympics.

such days are not about traditions, but respecting others beliefs and honoring them in history.

"Nowhere else have I seen such brave lions being led by such lambs."

Commander Max von Gallwitz
    commenting on the bravery of British soldiers at the Somme
    June 1916

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    I do care about the facts but I think the numbers are largely irrelevant. Millions of people have died to mosquito bites, do we have a remembrance day for them? We remember because those that died thought against the persecution of others, something that Britain itself perpetrated half a century before, yet we choose to remember one and forget the other.
    So you feel it is appropriate to come into a thread specifically to be a positive thing and derail it because you want to be a douche? there is a difference between being a nonconformist and a douche my friend you should look into that.

Valid complaint.

My grandfather "won" two purple hearts in the pacific theater of WW2. I have his medals. I'm not an automatic respect-the-troops kind of American, but I understand that was mostly a valid war, very important, world saving in some respects.

Whoever infracted Rich for that needs to undo it. Take it up in PM if you prefer.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Whoever infracted Rich for that needs to undo it. Take it up in PM if you prefer.
    That post hasn't received an infraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Valid complaint.

My grandfather "won" two purple hearts in the pacific theater of WW2. I have his medals. I'm not an automatic respect-the-troops kind of American, but I understand that was mostly a valid war, very important, world saving in some respects.

he wasn't infracted for that post there is no red ticket in the corner. You can get infracted on PM's as well I have gotten one. It's just really sad you can't have a nice thread on here without some shitbag coming in and shitting all over it. My grandfather served in the Marines in WWII he was stationed in Australia which is where he met my grandmother. He died when I was like 1 year old so I have never heard any war stories or anything related to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ack, i really hope Rich isnt perma banned

seriously, these millitant anti military folks are just ridiculous...

Deleted
    It certainly was crazy, losing a million troops per major battle is just mind boggling, it is hard to even imagine what that amount of people looks like.
    It's hard enough for people to visualise 20,000+ children dying a day from malnourishment, let alone a million.

Madness indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    What are millitant anti military folks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    kinda like millitant feminists, just anti military. They are so extreme in their views they poison eveything aorund them. They hate the milliatry with every fiber of their being.

Deleted
    Ack, i really hope Rich isnt perma banned

I'd imagine they're all for honouring the dead from WW I & II etc.

The current wars were waged on false evidence and haven't really improved anything at all. Hard to respect that, much less the people that knowingly perpetuate the fucked up shit we're involving ourselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    ...just ridiculous? The post you quoted said.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post

The current wars were waged on false evidence and haven't really improved anything at all. Hard to respect that, much less the people that knowingly perpetuate the fucked up shit we're involving ourselves in.
    If they were for honoring the dead for WW1 and 2, we wouldnt have had that caract dude post earier going so completely off tangent about British being murderers...

Thats what I mean "lets honor the WW dea.." " NO THEY DESERVED TO DIE BECAUSE OF x REASON"

10+ Year Old Account

His remark is specifically aimed at the guy on page 1 I believe. That and by all means you think the average person had a clue what they really went to war over back then other than what their governments told them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    His remark is specifically aimed at the guy on page 1 I believe. That and by all means you think the average person had a clue what they really went to war over back then other than what their governments told them?
    I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing that even now we know it was all bollocks, we shouldn't be involved still. We probably caused more harm than good.

To add to that, we're openly supporting terrorism in the Middle East(Syria). I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want to follow orders from a chain of command that is ultimately directed by proponents of terrorism.

If we stopped pointing the finger and sticking our nose in where it isn't welcome, maybe, just maybe, there wouldn't be a queue of radicalised morons at the border wanting to blow holes out our countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing that even now we know it was all bollocks, we shouldn't be involved still. We probably caused more harm than good.

To add to that, we're openly supporting terrorism in the Middle East(Syria). I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want to follow orders from a chain of command that is ultimately directed by proponents of terrorism.

If we stopped pointing the finger and sticking our nose in where it isn't welcome, maybe, just maybe, there wouldn't be a queue of radicalised morons at the border wanting to blow holes out our countries.
    Remembrance Sunday is not about why we went to war, it is about the people who lost their lives in conflicts - politics has zero part to play in it, and zero reason to be mentioned in this thread.

There are plenty of other threads for people to discuss the rights and wrongs of any conflict.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats fine. i think its healthy to question what we do and why we are doing it. Your attitude isnt something I have an issue with. What i HATE are those that use blanket statements about all members of the millitary and paint them as baby killers since 1775. -_-

Deleted
    Remembrance Sunday is not about why we went to war, it is about the people who lost their lives in conflicts - politics has zero part to play in it, and zero reason to be mentioned in this thread.

There are plenty of other threads for people to discuss the rights and wrongs of any conflict.
    I know and I do pay my respects every year because I've got a long family history with the military. Even if I didn't, I'd still honour the fallen soldiers from the world wars.

What I do believe though, which I think it isn't too much to ask for, is that I shouldn't be expected to honour those whose actions I disagree with.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats fine. i think its healthy to question what we do and why we are doing it. Your attitude isnt something I have an issue with. What i HATE are those that use blanket statements about all members of the millitary and paint them as baby killers since 1775. -_-
    Yup. We had Muslims interrupting service in London a while back dishonouring all fallen soldiers. Ironically they're disrespecting the people that fought for us, Muslims as well, with their blanket statements.

There will always be people that like to kick up a stink because it seems cool when they don't really understand why they're doing what they're doing.