Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If the situation were reversed I would probably love this expansion

By reversed I mean using time travel to bring back a lot of dead Alliance characters like Lothar, Uther, Arthas, and Illidan

But a bunch of Orcs, I don't really give a crap about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The story began with a bunch of orcs invading Azeroth via the Dark Portal... What makes you think the following patches will not expand into "bringing back" your beloved Ally characters?

There are plenty of Ally-oriented stories coming our way.

Yeah, that's how it always is. Alliance stories are always coming, never here.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBadass View Post
    By reversed I mean using time travel to bring back a lot of dead Alliance characters like Lothar, Uther, Arthas, and Illidan

Karga..Kada..Khar... or whatever his name is, the Archmage that closed the dark portal in Warcraft 2, he is present, but younger...mmmmm

There's also a bunch of draenei involved. You're NOT excited that we're going to SAVE KARABOR? That we'll probably run into Vindicator Nobundo at some point? That we get to defend Auchindoun?

Also, Metzen mentioned just before the teaser trailer some of the Azerothian races that teamed up to fight the Horde during this invasion-- what if 6.2 is the Iron Horde getting the Dark Portal running and us having to follow them to Azeroth and help get the original Alliance together (plus our new friends, the no longer mostly genocided Draenei)?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Two of those characters were main bosses for previous expansions and you want to fight them again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    There's also a bunch of draenei involved. You're NOT excited that we're going to SAVE KARABOR? That we'll probably run into Vindicator Nobundo at some point? That we get to defend Auchindoun?

Also, Metzen mentioned just before the teaser trailer some of the Azerothian races that teamed up to fight the Horde during this invasion-- what if 6.2 is the Iron Horde getting the Dark Portal running and us having to follow them to Azeroth and help get the original Alliance together (plus our new friends, the no longer mostly genocided Draenei)?
    Even IF that happens, then we get an entire expansion about Horde characters and only a couple patches about Alliance. You can't say 5.1 was equal to 5.0 in size.

And the Draenei arent really gaining anything except numbers from the new timeline. Most of their heroes (Velen, Maraad, Akama) were still alive in our timeline and Blizz has said they aren't doing anything with duplicates. Even the Joan of Arc character is new, and so could just as easily have been introduced as a survivor in the prime timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Two of those characters were main bosses for previous expansions and you want to fight them again?
    He never said fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they bring Broxigar back.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    The story began with a bunch of orcs invading Azeroth via the Dark Portal... What makes you think the following patches will not expand into "bringing back" your beloved Ally characters?

There are plenty of Ally-oriented stories coming our way.
    no room for that, only orcs. metzen's orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet we'll see Maraad very often along with Velen, Ishanah or whatever her name is. My only hope is Velen does this with other Draenei and not Anduin. I like Anduin but Velen needs to do things himself.

no room for that, only orcs. metzen's orders.

Garrosh Hellscream: I NAME THIS PLANET ORCENOR!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Actually bringing Arthas back might not be a bad idea. Since the Orcs never fall under the Burning Legion's control in this timeline, Arthas is presumably never manipulated into becoming a Death Knight by Ner'zhul. So we could potentially have an alternate-timeline where Arthas never turns evil, remains a Paladin and becomes the King of Lordaeron after Terenas' death.

It would be a way of giving Lordaeron back to the Alliance without having to take it from the Forsaken, and would solve the "There are no noteworthy Paladins in the Alliance" issue to boot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    He never said fight.
    Seeing how in WoD we're going to be fighting most of the orc champions brought back, if the situation really was reversed we'd be fighting most of the human champions brought back from that time period.

... Aw man my heart just broke a little. Vindicator Nobundo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Actually bringing Arthas back might not be a bad idea. Since the Orcs never fall under the Burning Legion's control in this timeline, Arthas is presumably never manipulated into becoming a Death Knight by Ner'zhul. So we could potentially have an alternate-timeline where Arthas never turns evil, remains a Paladin and becomes the King of Lordaeron after Terenas' death.

It would be a way of giving Lordaeron back to the Alliance without having to take it from the Forsaken, and would solve the "There are no noteworthy Paladins in the Alliance" issue to boot.
    Except for the fact we're not dealing with Azeroth. We're dealing with a unaffected Draenor via an alternate timeline.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Seeing how in WoD we're going to be fighting most of the orc champions brought back
    Thats because with the exception of Durotan they're all bad guys.

Even IF that happens, then we get an entire expansion about Horde characters and only a couple patches about Alliance. You can't say 5.1 was equal to 5.0 in size.

And the Draenei arent really gaining anything except numbers from the new timeline. Most of their heroes (Velen, Maraad, Akama) were still alive in our timeline and Blizz has said they aren't doing anything with duplicates. Even the Joan of Arc character is new, and so could just as easily have been introduced as a survivor in the prime timeline.
    I'm not quite sure the "bad guy" Iron Horde orcs really count as (Thrall's) Horde characters any more than, say, the Drakkari trolls do. Yeah, it delves into orc lore a lot more.

I thought the statement about duplicates was about duplicates of our characters, not the lore characters, but I might have misread it. Logically, my priest PC would have been in Karabor when the orcs attacked. My DK lived somewhere else in Shadowmoon Valley and was a (living) town guard. My monk is Auchenai-- one of the anonymous enemy monks you fight in the instance-- and was severely injured and left for dead by the adventuring party; he managed to survive and regained some of his sanity after D'ore's appearance. However, I'll not see any of my own characters as their past selves, and I wouldn't expect them to be there because that would be a nigh impossible undertaking on Blizzard's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Except for the fact we're not dealing with Azeroth. We're dealing with a unaffected Draenor via an alternate timeline.
    We aren't right now, but presumably Azeroth still exists in the new timeline. It could be visited in future patches/expansions.

Deleted
    It does not make sense to have any of the alliance heroes on this Draenor apart from Draenei.

When Garrosh appears before the Orcs drinking Mannoroths blood and stops them from doing so all events that made these alliance heroes never happened: It was before Warcraft I, II and III, hence the Warcraft Games never happened in this timeline. Their first invasion of Azeroth is in the present. They never made any hint at a 2nd timeline of Azeroth is involved.

Following this there never was the Alliance Expedition of Warcraft II, meaning none of the Alliance champions of back them are on Draenor. Without the taint, there never was a Lich King, there was no corrupted Arthas – even if: Arthas never went to Outland. Without the taint the events of Warcraft III were completely different. There was no Lich King the Scourge possibly never existed on a scale we know. Even Illidan would have come out completely different: There was no Arthas manipulating him, there was no Skull of Guldan, he wouldn’t absorb it and there wouldn’t be any reason for him to go to exile to Outland. Why would there? As there is no Outland.

As for Khadgar: I don’t think it will be a younger Khadgar, it will be our Khadgar from our timeline, who is asked for help with the events as he is one of the last 3 alliance heroes of the Alliance Expedition (along with Kurdran and Danath) and has some insane powers and some experience.

Cant happen due to the dark portal being connected to Our Azeroth, as much as even i would like to back to pre-WC1 Azeroth and watch Varian unite the human kingdoms. We dont go back in time, Garrosh does. Roughly 35 years back, right before his father drinks Mannoroths blood. So there is no dark portal built then. Flash forward 35 years on Draenor when the clans are united, they build the dark portal and its connected to where it shouldve been all those years ago - Our Azeroth. Think of it as a parallel dimension, the Draenor of that dimension will connect to our dimension in 6.0.

I made a quick image in paint to slightly explain it better with pictures.

What he meant of those "races who teamed up" is how in the QnA vid posted on the main page mentions Moira and the Dwarves will play a slight role in WoD. Similar to Blood Elf paladins looking for answers, etc. Though, i still think it will be a very Horde-centric expansion, despite Blizz saying it wont be. Regardless ill be enjoying it from both faction perspectives.