696. This poll is closed
  • FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lets face it. Game been out for a LONG time now. Those who want to level for "Fun" have already done it. selling lvl 90 boosts is just another way to get new and old players back into the game. Ppl that dont want to level up and play the latest that is out.

And... dont like it. Dont buy it. No one is forcing you. Yes i went there

Deleted
    I would rather they didn't do it. At the very least they should also introduce some in game method to acquire more free level 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Warlords of Wallets (WoW)

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I would rather they didn't do it. At the very least they should also introduce some in game method to acquire more free level 90s.
    This is also a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    If you don't like the poll based on your unfounded assumptions then feel free not to participate. I find 'Don't Know!' options on polls to be pointless. No one cares that you don't care. It is irrelevant information. Anyone who did not vote does not care about the question. That is a given.
    That's not true, btw. Knowing how many people don't care is extremely important in any kind of poll. You see, if 2 people like it and 2 people hate it, then you can conclude half the people hate it. But if you saw 1000 people voted 'I don't care', it changes everything. YOU don't want to see those people, because it will show your poll's bias, but it IS important. And of course your argument 'Anyone who did not vote does not care about the question' holds no merit, as it's impossible to know who didn't vote.

I'm fine with pay-to-skip, but not pay-to-win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Buy a lvl 90 when leveling is the most fun part of the game? Wierd!
    Not a lot of people agrees, and the option to skip it for a fee is pretty cool.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like it but it could possibly be ok. It should put your new 90 in some kind of learn your class zone for a while until you are competent enough to leave imo. The service should also have a 30-60 day CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I've known since Wrath of the Lich King that Blizzard was going to allow you to pay to "win"
    When you've capped your character you've literally won the game, guys! You're done, move on to the next game.

now we're going to see every ninny and nincompoop buying their way to the "finish line".
    Capping a character is only a finish line to people who enjoy leveling, so why, in your mind, would they use this feature to skip the content they enjoy?
    You're not making sense.

Even if I had a money tree growing in my backyard like most people seem to have, I would not touch this feature regardless of my desperation to avoid the repeated tedium of leveling a new character.
    ok

There's no sense of accomplishment
    There's also no wasted time on boring content that is 3-4 years old

and no way to truly grasp the intricacies of the individual class mechanics.
    I fully agree, you can really get in touch with your class' many intricacies and playstyles while leveling! How can I get more frostbolts / arcane explosions out in time? Maybe if i press my keys harder? [/sarcasm]

It is nothing more than a testament to Blizzard's hypocrisy and greed.
    Wrong. It is also an optional feature which people who don't enjoy leveling can use to avoid replaying old and boring content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Selling lvl 90 boosts is just another way to get more players into the game.
    Don't like it, Don't buy it. No one is forcing you.
    Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2013-11-11 at 02:34 PM.
    My Soundcloud!

Deleted
    Doesn't affect me on any way, like many of us, got already 11x90's and haven't planned to change the realm. But technically it's true, you can buy them but at what cost?

I'd love a "Don't really care." option.

It's a bit of a grind to level up, but most people have done the leveling process many times. The vast majority of the game takes place in the end game. All it does it cut a couple days off the process, it's not like the level 1-90 grind takes long w/ all of the BoA gear, guild boosts, rested xp, compressed xp tables, etc. It gets more people into the action of the game is should help boost sub levels overall, which further drives revenue and continued high quality content.

People who really wanted it would make a new account and transfer the free lvl 90 to their main account anyway, even if this feature wasn't added to the store, so it is purely for convenience.
    My Soundcloud!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't mind. If people want a full roster of 90+ characters and don't feel like putting in the leveling effort, by all means, let them pay for it.

Edit: OP where is my "I could care less either way" option?

Quote Originally Posted by Schockadin View Post
    So leveling to the max level of the previous expansion is winning? Winning what? Don't understand the Pay-2-Win-argument at all.
    Yea me neither, but apparently saving some time is winning now.

Quote Originally Posted by electthedead View Post
    I like how none of this would have mattered had it happened during BC, if It did it would have been publicly shamed and would have never of made it to live. My beef with this isn't about those of us who have several 90's, you getting another 90 isn't going to hurt this game, and frankly I don't think this free 90 is meant for any of us, it's for those who never played WoW or quit WoW ages ago only because they didn't want to spend the time leveling, that's a poor excuse to hand someone a level 90 character.

This comic book fantasy notion that Blizzard is doing this for the benefit of those of us already playing is a flat out lie, because that's what some people are trying to sell. In the end the sole reason they are doing this is to garner more subs. Not to mention removing stats, which is almost always a bad thing and in this case it is a bad thing.

I'm no hardcore player myself, I do my LFR's and dallies, some dungeons and log off. LFR is already a mess as it is now with the countless wipes because people don't know the mechanics of the fight, which is almost non existent, or they don't know how to play their class. Another problem is class population. Trying to gear my priest right now is so frustrating and tedious, there's a glut of priests running around and I just know giving someone the option to insta lvl a 90, especially heals, 6 times out of 10 they'll roll a priest. People like to claim how much they want vanilla back but just reading through this thread it's obvious the vast majority don't wan't that.

Am I going to quit? Hell no, but the least they could have done is give those who actually leveled their class a title, but Blizzard would never do that because it would be segregation and open for abuse. Whatever, I just know we'll be seeing more wipes, more players who don't know how to play their class, more assholes, cause they have nothing invested in this game, just a bunch of expansions and a lvl 90 which they can just buy again.
    They will still have to level from 90 to 100 to get into the next tier of LFR, etc. It's the same as when everyone started at level 1 in Vanilla and had to level to 60. They are going from the base level of the expansion to the max level. There is plenty of time for them to learn their class and how to play in those 10 levels. The first 1-90 levels won't teach someone to tank or heal any better. Leveling rotations for DPS are totally different than raiding rotations. No matter what level you start at as a new player, end game is totally different than leveling and needs to be learned on it's own. If you have been playing for the last 10 years or somewhere in between, you got to eat the leveling process in a series of small meals, new players now have to eat the whole turkey in a single sitting. Just because we are on the 3rd course of the meal, people arriving shouldn't have to go back and eat the first 2 courses that are now cold to start in on the current course.

If you are gearing in LFR, it's personal loot anyway, so more priests won't make it any harder for you to get your gear drops.

Way to much focus on others, just enjoy your own accomplishments for what they are and because it was important to you.

The poll is awfully biased. I neither intend to buy lvl 90 boost nor think it's a bad idea. It's there, the option, up to you if you use it. Personally I'm not going to. The free lvl 90 boost is enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems pretty cool, kind of curious though how it will affect fotm re-rollers ^^

Deleted
    I don't want this... How is there any effort into playing the game when you haven't explored the game yet or it's quests or it's lore the only thing you get to see is Draenor for 10 levels :/ If they are going to do it well i guess they'd only do it for the money but heck it's not that hard to level chars to lvl 90 or 100 even without heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't buy one because I'm cheap like that, in fact I'll probably not even use the one I get with the expac because I don't care much about alts, but I don't mind other people buying them. It's not like you "win" the game by reaching max lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    Imo they should start selling premade lvl 100 characters with heroic dungeon gear full gemmed and enchanted (raid ready).
    I would buy it.
    That would skip brand new and fresh content that has taken a lot of time to work on. Bad from both a business (and in most cases) a player's perspective

- - - Updated - - -

Oh how i would love for blizzard to "re-balance" classes every patch so they can farm the fotm re-rollers for epic cash
    My Soundcloud!

i already have most classes to 90 (except mage which i cant seem to get past 15) but i would still like to be able to buy one if say i was wanting to try out a new server or something