Poll: What is the main cause (or causes)?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 60
... LastLast

What is the largest contributor to Obama's declining approval ratings?

Obviously there isn't a single reason for Obama's approval ratings plummeting, but what do you think is the largest contributing factor? There have been a lot of controversial and unpopular moves by the president recently, such as the push for war with Syria, poor Obamacare launch (plus his big lie), his push for gun control and the NSA spying scandal, just to name a few. But which of these do you think is the main cause?

10+ Year Old Account
    Other, ignorance of the American people who think half of those on the list are real scandals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Other, ignorance of the American people who think half of those on the list are real scandals.
    Pretty much the Republican engine has been working overtime to shit on him even though they no longer need to worry about him running for president again.

I'm with templar. It's ignorance.

These "scandals" are just government transparency. Nothing new, just nothing (properly) covered up.

Obamacare web site

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he didn't turn out to be a magical super-wizard who could fix everything with a magic wand. or: voters are stupid.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Pretty much the Republican engine has been working overtime to shit on him even though they no longer need to worry about him running for president again.
    I'm going to have to go with this.
    You can't get anything done if half the congress is deliberately voting against you on everything.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

Things will be a hell of a lot worse if Mitt Romney was in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    Obamacare web site
    yet nobody cares about the 23 billion lost over the shut down, but everyone cares about the 1o million lost on a website.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Because it's not Obama they're after - it's the fact that he's a Democrat and are trying to cover the Democrat/Liberal name in as much mud as they can so people only see "Accusations of scandals"... because that's what the Republicans want people to remember instead of a President who is actually DOING his job by the time the next elections roll around.

If he ran as a Republican and did everything he did the same - the Republicans would be PRAISING him here, and the Liberals would be saying "Hrm... he ain't half bad!"

Deleted
    The reason is that he can't win another Term anyway

Oh hey look another useless Nakura Chambers post with more non-scandal spins. I mean look at what happened when Fox News jumped on the 60 Minutes bandwagon. http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...ory-99606.html
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...351_story.html

And Fox News' Video of them running with the story after 60 Minutes ran with it.
    http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/27784...e-of-benghazi/

After that was aired 60 minutes retracted their report after they found out their source was wrong.

So now Nakura is running with that NON-SCANDAL AGAIN.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we please just close this thread and ban Nakura. We understand Nakura, you don't like Obama. But there is nothing you or the Republican spin machine can do to get rid of him.

Probably what always happens: there's something that he really can't do much about, yet gets blamed.

But you probably shouldn't listen to me; I'm not even sure if the government is still shut down or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Can we please just close this thread and ban Nakura. We understand Nakura, you don't like Obama. But there is nothing you or the Republican spin machine can do to get rid of him.
    Typical mmo-champ poster.

his increasing cold shoulder of progressives, his drone strikes, his clear conservative intents, his sheepishness and giving in towards the right. these are all what drive his approval ratings downward since the country is against these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Obviously there isn't a single reason for Obama's approval ratings plummeting

See below

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    There have been a lot of controversial and unpopular moves by the president recently, such as the push for war with Syria, poor Obamacare launch (plus his big lie), his push for gun control and the NSA spying scandal, just to name a few. But which of these do you think is the main cause?
    No reasons at all.

I've had 4 different people who voted Obama tell me they no longer approve of him after people started losing their health insurance. That issue seems to have pushed people over the line.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's the lying, hypocritical, fear-mongering GOP and their Tea Bagger brethren. Obama has had a pretty good Presidency, especially considering he's fought with the GOP the entire time to pass any legislation.

How can any President expect to get anything done in the worst "do nothing" Congress the United States has ever seen?

Deleted
    Amazingly enough, any president from any country across the world will make a series of decisions that will not be understood or even liked by the average joe who obviously is not up to date with the BIG PICTURE and the political and economical workings behind closed doors. These decisions will make the current president drop in popularity.

It's a normal evolution of democracy. Ofcourse in democratic countries you get to choose another puppet to serve as a front man for what's really going on, while in non democratic countries you get to swallow and keep shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post

I disagree with someone, BAN HIM!!