Poll: What is the main cause (or causes)?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This thread is awesome. Its like a whole slew of liberal conspiracy theorists, plus others who believe americans are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Can we please just close this thread and ban Nakura. We understand Nakura, you don't like Obama. But there is nothing you or the Republican spin machine can do to get rid of him.
    There is another 199 of these to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    I admit that I have trolled in the past, nobody is perfect. I am, however, working towards being less of a troll and more of a legitimate poster. I have devised a list of nearly 200 different non-troll topics that I am going to post in General Off-Topic over the course of the next year or so.
    OT: Could you give a detailed breakdown of each of those scandals, as we haven't had nearly enough posts about them? Perhaps you could include one of the latest shocking scandals - "Obama leaves the loo seat up!" or "Obama doesn't particularly like pistachio ice cream!".

I read "WoD is the largest contributor to Obama's declining approval ratings". Totally expected to see something like that.

I think it's because of the ACA and that after health care costs millions of Americans will be put under the poverty line (even after government assistance).

Forcing Americans to have to buy something or be fined by the FEDERAL government is wrong. The ACA's implementation is all fucked up, and I know that is not all Obama's fault, but he was the man with the plan.

I'm a full-time employee at my workplace which has great healthcare. Should I ever lose that status for any reason I am not sure how I would be able to get by. God forbid I should produce a family, then the situation would be even more fucked up. I voted against Obama both times, and I'm not even some gun toting republican, I just felts his ideals were not in alignment with what this country needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about the real reason. People don't fucking understand politics.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Because it's not Obama they're after - it's the fact that he's a Democrat and are trying to cover the Democrat/Liberal name in as much mud as they can so people only see "Accusations of scandals"... because that's what the Republicans want people to remember instead of a President who is actually DOING his job by the time the next elections roll around.

If he ran as a Republican and did everything he did the same - the Republicans would be PRAISING him here, and the Liberals would be saying "Hrm... he ain't half bad!"
    No, the Democrats would be shitting all over him. That's how politics works. The president could cure cancer and the opposing party would still find something negative about it.

I think that generally everyone's approval rating linked to government lately has recently plunged due to recent events (the shutdown) and the Republican approval rating has the most dramatically as of late.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    How about the real reason. People don't fucking understand politics.
    The REAL reason is his constant lying!!!! The man is a pathological liar.

- - - Updated - - -

The real reason is his constant lying!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maquignon View Post
    That is part of the Job description.

He doesn't need approval ratings thsoe are for people who want to get elected.

- - - Updated - - -

welcome to politics

Quote Originally Posted by Hinansho View Post
    I think it's because of the ACA and that after health care costs millions of Americans will be put under the poverty line (even after government assistance).

Forcing Americans to have to buy something or be fined by the FEDERAL government is wrong. The ACA's implementation is all fucked up, and I know that is not all Obama's fault, but he was the man with the plan.

I'm a full-time employee at my workplace which has great healthcare. Should I ever lose that status for any reason I am not sure how I would be able to get by. God forbid I should produce a family, then the situation would be even more fucked up. I voted against Obama both times, and I'm not even some gun toting republican, I just felts his ideals were not in alignment with what this country needed.
    You should educate yourself a bit better. I'm no fan of the ACA, but if someone is anywhere close to the poverty line, then they will pay next to nothing for their insurance premiums.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because people need someone to be angry at, and he is the face of the US. "Some people" put all of this shit at one person's feet without content or context, and say "Look at him ruin the country!" because stupid people have been brainwashed into believing everything that their party says. And I hate to break it to you, but it isn't just one party, and it isn't just this president.

Every president is like a new WoW expansion. When they are announced you get a large number of people that are happy about it, a large number of people that just hope it is better than the last or at least doesn't fuck up too much, a large number of people that mindlessly support everything that happens, and a large number of people that bitch and whine because they didn't get what they wanted.
    Late in an expansion people start to realize that this wasn't the one that would bring back some ideal moment in time, and some become jaded or even change their views entirely. Then when the next expansion comes out THE SAME THING HAPPENS.
    It generally isn't one specific thing that affects peoples views, but everything that happens that they have no personal control over has to be someone's fault right? Must be because the expansion was bad, not because of my unrealistic expectations of it.

He has made some mistakes, but show me not only a President that hasn't, but a single human... I'm waiting... Oh yeah, you can't because WE ARE HUMAN AND MAKE FUCKING MISTAKES.

- - - Updated - - -

...you seriously created an account to say that? Yes, this is your first post...

10+ Year Old Account
    Him being a closet republican I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen how RG3 is playing after ACL injury this year and how Adrian Peterson played after ACL injury before Obamacare? Obvious, is obvious....
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Have you seen how RG3 is playing after ACL injury this year and how Adrian Peterson played after ACL injury before Obamacare? Obvious, is obvious....
    I laughed, but it also stung a bit since I'm a Redskins fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Other, ignorance of the American people who think half of those on the list are real scandals.
    this exactly

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only hits I think Obama took during the last couple of years was the NSA leaks, the democratic party's push for gun control legislation (to some extent) and his desire for military strikes against the Asadd regime.

Concerning the Syria debacle, I feel as though a lot of people felt that it was Obama trying to push the United States in another war on similar pretenses to Bush engaging against Hussein and Iraq during the earlier decade.

Even the Young Turks came out and pointed out the youth's disdain towards him following those leaks. And the divisiveness of the gun control legislation merely polarized people on the far end partisan side of things.

The rest of the "scandals" are things that every presidential administration has been burdened with in some form due to the opposition trying to capitalize on shortcomings. If anything, the Republicans failed to capitalize on the ones that could hurt Obama more and ironically sided with him on those. This followed by the opposition towards the ones that couldn't hold water very well ultimently made republicans look foolish when they could have been more appealing to bases that don't like them very much.

The results of these failures won't likely appear until 2016 though. I just don't see the democratic Party mustering enough of a force to oust republicans in the house or senate in 2014. This opinion could change as the election draws close though.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2013-11-11 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Things will be a hell of a lot worse if Mitt Romney was in office.
    That's debatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

- - - Updated - - -

Did you vote from Romney?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    That's debatable.
    Considering that Romney's campaign platform was based around his experience at Bain Capital, and considering how Bain treated its clients...

Yeah, it would be pretty bad.
    Last edited by Zython; 2013-11-11 at 12:06 AM.