Poll: Do you think Warlords of Draenor is worth your money?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I love these polls where the OP expects at least a majority vote in their favor and then loses in a landslide.
    This. So much This

Also, OP is mad.

Deleted
    I play since vanilla. I skipped most of Shitaclysm though.

Tbh, I will probably switch to Wildstar when it's out but I don't take out the possibility of going back to wow when the expansion is out but only if wildstar also disappoints me.

Honestly I don't get why "new models" are a massive money grab?

Not only is it a shit ton more work for Blizzard (designing 20 new models and getting them right instead of 2-4) but it also has far more chance of backfiring and losing them customers than bringing in a new race, due to people's connection to old models.

I think WoD has the biggest approval ratings yet of any XPacs (maybe except bc). Even if some people didn´t like it, MoP restored a lot of faith in Blizzards capability since the disaster we call cataclysm, and i think WoD is the next step in the right direction. These post-blizzcon-attention-craving-threads will wear off after some weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I think WoD has the biggest approval ratings yet of any XPacs (maybe except bc). Even if some people didn´t like it, MoP restored a lot of faith in Blizzards capability since the disaster we call cataclysm, and i think WoD is the next step in the right direction. These post-blizzcon-attention-craving-threads will wear off after some weeks.
    Agreed, once the angry 10 man raiders calm down, the usual few trolls disappear and we find out more information I think we will find WoD to be a good expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Honestly I don't get why "new models" are a massive money grab?

Not only is it a shit ton more work for Blizzard (designing 20 new models and getting them right instead of 2-4) but it also has far more chance of backfiring and losing them customers than bringing in a new race, due to people's connection to old models.
    There will be no free re-customization for characters after new character models. --) there is a tread for it you should read it. (or in other words..if you dont like a new face.. pay money)

Also Xeraxis.. i expected this resoults. But you also need to add players who quit years ago and they dont read this forum. 95% who are reading it are stil active.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    wod looks to be amazing
    sure, its not perfect, but nothing will ever be perfect.
    but to point out that the time it took to get a new item would go up is ridicoulus. its soooo easy and fast now to get a full set of gear.
    and getting the coins for bonusloot is not hard at all.
    also, i kinda dont get that much hate on cata.
    its not good, dont get me wrong, but it wasnt that bad ether. i realy liked the new raid mechanics that were introduced.
    overall the fights felt realy good, it was just that there were too few of them.

then mop brought more stuff to do outside of raiding and wod continues in that direction, thats exactly what i want.

make raids realy awesome mechanc and size wise and give me stuff to do besides that. what else would you want? (at least as pve'ler)

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Old zones with new quests, models (that they should update for 5 years already), a bad version of a house (yeah wow engine is too old for it), orcs (wich we are sick killing in OG already), more orcs, did i say orcs? , only 5 dungeons (seriosly?), and so on.
    First off, there's a staggering amount of misinformation in your posts. Your argument seems as though you skimmed but didn't really comprehend and just jumped to a conclusion. We aren't getting "old zones with new quests" that's not even close to what was said. If you honestly believe that, you need to rewatch/reread all of the released content. If you're just being dismissive, then there's no redemption either way, because if you're writing off the content before actually understanding what it's about.

"what they should have done 5 years ago?" That's just pure entitlement speaking. What they SHOULD have? I'm assuming you don't understand the intricacies of the models. So you won't accept the new models because they "should have" happened when YOU think they should have? That's just immature and silly. Things take time.

"bad version of a house" again, you're cheapening what the actual content is and just being dismissive, and you're bored of killing orcs? That's fine, but that's your opinion, you don't need to add a "we" when you mean "I". And if you see it as "just killing orcs" there's not much anyone can do for you. That's why there's something called the storyline. It gives meaning to WHY you're doing what you're doing. Otherwise the entire game would just be "killing orc/dragon/badguy" regardless of xpac.

I'll end this here but I think you're jumping to conclusions. Yes, Blizzcon happened but there's still a gaping hole when it comes to what is happening, what's planned to happen, and what will actually make it to retail. Instead of making your mind up from a bunch of teasers, wait until more information comes out and then make a more educated decision.

We all have a lot invested in this game, but feeling "betrayed" by Blizzard because they are choosing to go a direction you might not like, seems a bit immature. Sure it has its flaws, but it's not a personal attack against you and whoever else disagrees. They aren't making changes to spite you, believe it or not.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2013-11-10 at 10:46 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Played since Vanilla, and have had many breaks since them.

As for WoD. It looks amazing and it sounds like they focus more on the actual gameplay, instead of new races, classes etc. With just new(and to be expected) race models. I think it could go on to be a good expansion. But I will need to hear more about it. I'm far from excited as I was for TBC, Wotlk and Cata, about the same excitement as I was for MoP, I enjoy MoP overall.

The new raiding models seems a lot more alts friendly. And especially with item squish. Now if I'm 20 ilvl behind, I will do shit compared to others, where in WoD it would be maybe 5 ilvl, and a lot less different. Kinda like it was in Vanilla where you could raid Naxx with t1 items. Looking forward to that.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Mind naming all + and - ? If i went into detail for every plus and minus it would take me 9 pages of text.
    Honestly every major facet of this game besides maybe lore has improved significantly since vanilla. Everything gameplay related has improved drastically.

Vanilla gameplay was dull and shallow as fuck and was far more unbalanced than WoW has been in the past 6+ years. It was fun at the time and I loved it and I'll always fondly remember those times but I'm not thickheaded enough to be blind to how drastically improved WoW has become all across the board.

Well yeah..its true. We are rare . Also your friends probaly didnt play it since the start. So......it doesnt realy count. (wow didnt start with 12 milion players at start dont forget that)

But from biznis standpoint is like this:
    A consumer is playing a game for a very long time and its very loyal. But then it gets hit by 2 bad expansions. Then they ask you if you will buy a new game. If you think the quality is gona be as bad as last 2....you probaly wont go for it.
    The donkey goes on ice only once...but i was a donkey who went 2 times .

Quality over quantity. Rember this!
    Basically everything you said in this thread is just plain wrong. And don´t presume to speak for any amount of vanilla players, you don´t. And nobody cares how long you play, if you can´t even come up with valid criticism. WoW wasn´t perfect in vanilla, and it won´t be perfect in WoD. But I´m sure I´ll have a lot of fun then. Maybe you won´t, then you´re free to unsub.

I feel this is the best place the ask. Do I count as a vanilla player even though I only played few weeks back then?

I created my account in November 04. Sure, I have taken breaks from the game over the years, but I still have a Collector's Edition of Vanilla and all of the expansions. Warlords of Draenor looks like a breath of fresh air. Sure, as with every expansion you question or lament over some of the changes, but the positives almost always outweigh the negatives.

Also, OP. You're entitled to your opinion about what you think is good or bad. Just so you know, I disagree on most of your points.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    This game is clearly not for the OP.

I've played for 9years and I will be getting it on launch.

Vanilla was a stinking pile of crap with a new car smell.

Started in BC. Have always subbed and will continue to do so. Sorry but you can't make up your own forum rules. Your opinion as a vanilla player is no more relevant than anyone else's. It doesn't mean you're a better player or that you've given Blizz more money.

Ps. There are SEVEN new dungeons with one of them being an updated classic one.
    Last edited by ThrallQQ; 2013-11-10 at 11:01 PM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing since Vanilla. My subscription was active from launch until the last few months of WotLK when ICC just started dragging on and on. Since then I have subbed off and on, generally I sub when a new content patch drops and un-sub when I get bored of it (usually within the month of sub time) then I sub again when a new patch drops and so on.
    I will buy the new expansion, and play it until I don't find it enjoyable anymore. Not sure how so many people get so burnt out on the game that they get angry about it.

I have a tip for you, if you are no longer enjoying your time playing then find something else to do and you may find that you can enjoy the game again when you have taken a break.

I quit in 5.1, played since vanilla as a hardcore raider (top 20 US at peak, most server firsts vanilla to cataclysm) and quit because frankly hardcore raiding started to really suck. It became monotonous and the reward was no longer worth the effort put in.

I'm massively excited about a 20 man fixed size for Mythic raiding, evening the paying field for all competitive guilds and the reintroduction of class mechanics, so count me in 100%.
    Last edited by spoon77; 2013-11-10 at 11:13 PM.

Great. A semi-literate, more than a little hysterical post from someone who doesn't understand the lore, has completely unrealistic expectations, and is looking for people to agree with him/her.

Sorry. I've played since the Vanilla beta. This expansion looks good to me. I will be buying it, and expect I'll enjoy it.

Hopefully you'll be gone so that you won't feel the need to make more posts like this. I have my issues with Blizzard, and I question a couple of elements of the expansion but am willing to wait and see (or try them out and provide feedback if I am admitted to beta). But overall, I like their plans.

1. Blizzard NEVER promised anything - you can try and go back 6 years as far as official (100% true) quotes of blizz employees go, and you will never see them ever promise anything.

2. People who assume blizzard promised something are the sole reason as to why blizzard refuses to share any interesting details about stuff in development and design - these "less than smart" people just immensely QQ because they think something is promised just because blizz said "we are considering it".

3. The poll is HORRIBLY made, with ~5 options for "i won't play it" and barely 2 for "i will play it".

I feel the need to comment in this thread because of the awesome capitalization with the "I." If you dislike the game so much, form a proper debate on the official World of Warcraft forums. If other people agree to your educated, and evidence-backed thread, then maybe you'll get traction. Otherwise, it seems you're just ranting and not enjoying your time on a product you're opting-in to pay for and play. It is a shame you don't enjoy World of Warcraft and this announcement of a new expansion does not hype you up.

As a huge fan of Warcraft, I'm sorry. I've played World of Warcraft since the beginning of 2006, and I haven't stopped since. I've been disappointed from time to time, but I look at life in a very pessimistic way; thus I am less likely to be disappointed. Overall, I am pleased with the turnout of most Blizzard products. (Cataclysm was kinda eh, and Mists of Pandaria was "okay.")

Ultimately, I think I'm being rewarded by this expansion. There are many positives, for me at least, that enforces my trust and love for Warcraft. However, I have a problem with the free level 90 thing (but that doesn't matter at all in the greater scheme of things).