Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

So pissed. Venting.

God, I hate the game and its community right now.

Background: I play an alliance MM hunter. I have 528 ilevel for pve gear and an assortment of tyr and griev for pvp gear. I also do not have any sort of high arena or rbg rating. I am also not part of a serious pve or pvp guild. I played the game since vanilla and I have been part of a semi hardcore pve guild in wotlk. So you can pretty much tell I'm no noob.

Ok, what happened in the last 2 days was so fucking stupid!

I tried joining flex raids from the trade chat. Naturally, I have to lie because every god damn elitist fuck won't even look at someone with 528 ilevel, which is far from the 535 or 540 they ask for a god damn flex raid. I'm at a point where the only gear improvements come from LFR SoO and obviously they don't drop because Blizztard decided that it is fucking GOLD that I need most, so I have to spend valor on upgrading my current gear which is still some 502 parts 4 fucking levels (whoopti fucking doo). So I say I have 535, sometimes it works, sometimes they check the armory (Thanks, Blizztard for breaking that fucking Gearscore piece of shit addon and fuck you for putting the gearscore in the Armory).
    Doesn't even make a difference as when I get in a pug, based on the said lie, the group ragequits anyway after 1 (one, uno) fucking wipe, sometimes they go as far as 2 wipes. Big fucking deal that got me! Somebody in the group either calls the leader a noob or someone in the group a noob and then everyone quits. Now don't missunderstand this, I do my job, I don't die in the fucking fire and I know the damn tacts, so no, you can't say that maybe it's me. IT'S NOT ME.
    4 fucking flex groups in the last 2 days. Same shit everytime. The raid wipes because of a slight mistake that isn't even likely to happen again, but NOOOO, these god damn assholes with their attention spans of 5 year olds just have to quit. No wonder they need to rely on a trade chat pug for flex, they wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell as part of an actual pve guild, with such loser attitude.

I can't gear up because I don't even meet the requirements for flex pugs and I can't join pve guilds because no one needs a player with such low gearscore (fuck you Blizzard, once more).

There, now that we're done with pve, let's move on to pvp.

Same crap here. Seems the only rated pvp I can do is either rbgs for cap (jk, the group ragequits after being beaten by an obviously more organized group who has voice com as well) and arenas for cap. I can't do serious rbgs because no one wants a player without 2k-2.2k rating and I can't join a pvp guild (an actual good one not a group of slackers who think they can pvp but end up losing most of rbgs inspite of having voice com and apparent skill). Once again, not my fault, I pull my weight. Besides, if one person in the group makes the difference between win or loss, then the group was not a very good one in the 1st place.

So that's it, I'm doomed to be trash. It's not the community's fault as much as it is Blizzard's fault for encouraging elitism up to the point where players get hurt.
    Last edited by mmocb2f003828d; 2013-11-10 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    Get friends join guild win game.

New server brah. New server.

Also, just because you've been in a semi hardcore guild does not make you not a noob.

Another question. Do you have no real id friends that flex? Do you have no legendary so you can kill ordos and go for loot?

It is so damn easy to gear up its not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    Get friends join guild win game.
    A lot of people are playing this game because they can't make friends irl, It's not as easy as you say it is.

What if I told you, you can make your own flex ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lying about your gear is your biggest mistake.

And have you thought about maybe the reason your flex groups are shit,
    is because you can get away with lying about your gear and them not finding out?

If a group is dumb enough to not inspect all members, then yes expect them to fail.

And it seems like you want to join a really good PVP guild without having any really good PVP credentials...
    Start from the bottom and move up. You're not a special snowflake who can just skip your way to the top with no real work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    A lot of people are playing this game because they can't make friends irl, It's not as easy as you say it is.
    Not true, also you can make "firends" online anytime, just know where to look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Lying about your gear is your biggest mistake.

And have you thought about maybe the reason your flex groups are shit,
    is because you can get away with lying about your gear and them not finding out?

If a group is dumb enough to not inspect all members, then yes expect them to fail.

And it seems like you want to join a really good PVP guild without having any really good PVP credentials...
    Start from the bottom and move up. You're not a special snowflake who can just skip your way to the top with no real work.
    Yeah, I guess so.

And no on the pvp part. On my server there is no such thing as lower rating pvp guilds. There are ONLY trash pvp guilds that never make it above 1500 OR good pvp guilds that demand 2k rated players as a requirement to join. And even the lower rated ppvp guilds always seem to have a core group that they do their "serious" matches with and 100 trash members that MAYBE get to do their rbg cap per week if the core and guildmaster feels like it.

Oqueue great addon for doing raids and all that crap i would suggest this most raids i see require 515+ or 520+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    Oqueue great addon for doing raids and all that crap i would suggest this most raids i see require 515+ or 520+
    I tried using that too. Sorry but it's no different than the trade chat. You must have been lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    Yeah, I guess so.

And no on the pvp part. On my server there is no such thing as lower rating pvp guilds. There are ONLY trash pvp guilds that never make it above 1500 OR good pvp guilds that demand 2k rated players as a requirement to join. And even the lower rated ppvp guilds always seem to have a core group that they do their "serious" matches with and 100 trash members that MAYBE get to do their rbg cap per week if the core and guildmaster feels like it.
    So work your way into the core group by being friendly and showing them that you can be skilled.
    Don't expect anything to happen overnight.

Deleted
    You can't do shit in this game without an assortment of E-buddies. Get friends or you're screwed if you want to do anything competitive.

Start your own Flex and find randoms on trade.

You could join plenty of guilds who are about half way through SoO normal with that ilvl on my server. Get a few pieces of normal mode loot and you are well above flex ilvl and can join any flex team. Probably even do flex in a guild run and steamroll it. You are clearly aiming too high. If you where a super awesome player someone would have noticed you and tried to recruit you. Start from the bottom and work your way up.

...join a guild?

Ranged DPS are popular, even with your ilvl. Of course, no one here would want you, because you're a liar and blaming everyone else for your problems, but other guilds don't need to know this.

Sorry pugging sucks.

OP, you are such a victim. Stay strong. Whining overcomes all obstacles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    I don't make friends. I make arrangements of convenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    While I agree the the community has been getting worse and worse, you have made the choice to live with it. I don't judge you on your choices, I just want you to understand that it isn't the community, or Blizzard, or your ilvl. You have made the choice to not take responsibility for your situation. If you aren't willing to find other people that you know you can rely on, then your complaints hold very little merit.

Sometimes even if you love your guild there is a point where you have to say to yourself "Does this guild match up to my needs?" Clearly the focus of your guild doesn't allign with your own, so perhaps it is time to say "I need to do this for me" and find somewhere that fits your playstyle better.

The fundamentals of guilds has been lost. There was a time when being in a guild meant that your goals/time/effort matched up with the other people, so you formed a guild as a way to focus on those goals. If we can get back to that time, the game and community will be better for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of things you can do... first off make your own flex raid. Secondly, farm more. If your character sucks and you can't get into top guilds whether it's PvP or PvE, you're doing something wrong. Blizzard isn't doing anything, what your character becomes is all up to you. Do you thank blizzard for making your character really powerful? Nope, so why would you blame them when your character sucks?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Use Openraid. I have been for flex and soon normal SoO. I've had great groups using that site. Went from 515 LFR hero to somewhat decent 545 mostly geared. In your case it's worth a shot, it was the same case I was in.

Can't say much for PvP, never really used OR for that.

Hope this helps and best of luck.