Page 1 of 2
LastLast

HotS release date

They said it's still in Alpha but we can already apply for the beta. Based on that and what you saw on the live matches, when do you think the beta and the game will launch?

Deleted
    I don't know but I'm hoping the beta will be released within this month. As for a live release, I think it's too early to know but looking at previews of what they already did, the game looks pretty much finished.

Just seems to need a few more balance changes, like the bombardments from the Blackheart's Bay game mode.

I just found a Q&A:

Q: Will there be a beta test? When will it start? How can I apply for the beta?

A: Yes we do intend to run a beta test for Heroes of the Storm in the first half of 2014. We'll announce more details at a later date. Now is a great time to visit the Heroes of the Storm website and sign up for the closed beta as we begin preparations.

15+ Year Old Account
    They probably want a few more weeks to hash out any additional issues that they see. That will be in conjuction with their closed alpha. A semi-open beta will come probably late Dec or early Jan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    I just found a Q&A:
    That long?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    That long?
    It's Blizzard, they are never fast ^^
    Duel me if u dare! I think your chicken, /duel
    http://snoekje. mybrute. com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whister View Post
    It's Blizzard, they are never fast ^^
    I know But I want it now!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    I just found a Q&A:
    Wasn't expecting it to be this long.

played it at Blizzcon, its pretty good but it still has quite a way to go. it seems like they rushed a playable alpha as the game was poorly optimized and most tooltips, abilities etc were buggy or not finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know But I want it now!!
    Paitence Kerdoz, we will have it eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Paitence Kerdoz, we will have it eventually.
    Patience is not my strong side

10+ Year Old Account
    That's along time to wait, and then maybe not even get into it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    That's along time to wait, and then maybe not even get into it
    But we have to get them! We are mods! We need it to run this section better

After Diablo 3: RoS releases you can expect a beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    But we have to get them! We are mods! We need it to run this section better
    Oh I expect we'll end up with some, but probably not as soon as the beta unlocks. Though you never know.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've delayed this so much already.. the longer they take the more time LoL will have to sh!t on it before it's release. As much as I would like a good LoL competitor, a mid-2014 release date and the inevitable balancing issues that are going to make e-sports unviable make HotS DOA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im super freakn excited for this, its like you play a game for so long, that you wish another of its kind would come out that is jus as good jus because you want that new feeling again. I think this will be great to replace League, don't get me wrong Im not saying its a league killer or even better. Its jus nice to have a change of scenario.

Deleted
    I'm guessing summer release

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Viriya View Post
    They've delayed this so much already.. the longer they take the more time LoL will have to sh!t on it before it's release. As much as I would like a good LoL competitor, a mid-2014 release date and the inevitable balancing issues that are going to make e-sports unviable make HotS DOA.
    LoL won't stand a chance when HOTS will release.

Just like every other Blizzard game in its genre it will crush the competition. see RTS, SEE MMO, see ARPG, see digital CCG.

No matter what the "leader" of the genre was before Blizzard entered the specific branche, the competition got crushed by the white 800 pound Gorilla in a matter of months.

And you only need to look at the difference in fast speed engines and you'll know everyone and his dog will flock to HOTS in a matter of weeks.

Take for example the MMO before and after Blizzard entered it .... or as the game is just being deployed ...how HS in CLOSED beta already crushes the number of activity compared to Magic on Line which has a merely 2k players concurrently ...

It is just a matter of launching.

I think HOTS will have open beta at the end of 2014 and will launch in Feb/Mar 2015.

By the end of 2015 it will have overtaken every other game in its genre, simply by the fact it will be much more fun and adapted to be played by everyone.- hardcore and casual alike.