10+ Year Old Account
    Hellblade

9/10

Memorable experience. Dragged down by some annoying mechanics later on in the game. Overall would recommend though. Super fucking heavy game. Gotta play with good headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I played through the entire trilogy on my PS4 without a single issue. No glitches, no crashes...nothing. Not sure what went wrong in your case, but I think you just got very unlucky.
    So did i at first but if you google 'bioshock ps4 crashing' it looks like the first game is a bug ridden mess, maybe its just the PAL version?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

9/10

Great fucking game. But some fights just felt like BS. I did break the game though :P I always like finding exploits for money for easy upgrades early on.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    7 days to Die.

Pretty goddamn fun game. Buggy with no real "endgame" or Story, but a fun enough sandbox game with Zombies and pretty free-range building/creativity. 7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So did i at first but if you google 'bioshock ps4 crashing' it looks like the first game is a bug ridden mess, maybe its just the PAL version?
    Ahh perhaps that could be it. I'm stateside so I'm using NTSC here.

Though upon thinking about it I THINK I had maybe 2 hardlocks while BS2 but outside of that...nothing.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Ahh perhaps that could be it. I'm stateside so I'm using NTSC here.

Though upon thinking about it I THINK I had maybe 2 hardlocks while BS2 but outside of that...nothing.
    Finally got through it and tried Bioshock 2.

It erased all my saves overnight.

I think i'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Finally got through it and tried Bioshock 2.

It erased all my saves overnight.

I think i'm done.
    Yeah...wow.

I think it's the PAL version, honestly.

IMO: Should just pick them up for PC at this point. I know the remasters were free upgrades if you had the originals already.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadows of Mordor

7/10
    Gameplay is fun, but falls into the AC2 issues with the environment
    The nemsis system is great, but I stopped giving a fuck half way through the game
    The writing is bad. The main characters seem at odds sometimes, but buddy buddy the next, also the plot twist at the end is dumb.
    I am convinced some cinematic are missing
    WHY ARE THE LAST 2 BOSS FIGHTS QUICK TIME EVENTS~!!!!!!!!

Its a fun game. Shame the next game will have microtransactions in the worst way. Had the gameplay been bad, I would give it a 5 or less.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-09-01 at 06:53 PM.

Life is Strange: before the storm [episode 1]

9/10

loved the first game, and a prequel on my favorite character, Chloe is perfect. Maybe doubles for me since I relate to her backstory, so I can certainly put myself in the protagonist's shoes

Deleted
    Dragon Quest IX (NDS) - 8/10

A little bland and tasteless beginning but it trully picks up nicely the more you play it.
    I find myself picking up the N3DS to play this game out of nowhere which is a good thing because most of the times it's hard for me to pick up a game anymore.
    Amazing graphics for a old game! Some N3DS games have worse graphics than this, which is amazing.

I'm loving it so far.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    wildstar: 8/10

It's a good game, marketed poorly. It's a game made for the people who think wow got too easy, and aren't into the anime look of FFXIV.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 8.5/10

Almost hits greatness but doesn't quite land for me. I enjoy it. I've put 60 hours into it thus far. That said? It has a lot of underlying flaws that hold it back. Not to mention I REALLY feel Nintendo missed out by not creating an achievement system. It would've been great for this game; especially with how directionless it tends to feel unless you're going from MSQ to MSQ.

I've only done a fraction of the shrines and even less of the Korok seeds and yet feel nigh unstoppable as is; which makes me wonder, why bother? At least with an achievement system I'd feel compelled thanks to my OCD nature to check off on all of the content, even if unnecessary to my advancement of the story and completion of the game itself.

Ultimately, I detracted for a myriad of minor reasons. Not just due to this.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Prey 5/10
    The 0gravity environments pissed me off to no ends, I disliked how a lot of the dead bodies looked the same(not talking about the ones that were drained) no actual bosses with enemy's that quickly become boring with even the strongest one dying to a dozen wacks with wench on hard difficulty. The mimics were at least amusing in places but due to a buggy game you could often tell what form they were in when the furniture were repeatedly jumping around area
    kinda felt alittle cheated on the endings and kinda wanted alittle more to the game where you played as your true self.
    I agree with you 100%. The Zero-Gravity zones were interesting in concept, but playing them was absolutely horrible. Not having the mobility to dodge and maneuver yourself around is a deal breaker, and you could get 1-shoted in seconds while exploring the outside parts of the station.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I've only done a fraction of the shrines and even less of the Korok seeds and yet feel nigh unstoppable as is; which makes me wonder, why bother? At least with an achievement system I'd feel compelled thanks to my OCD nature to check off on all of the content, even if unnecessary to my advancement of the story and completion of the game itself.
    Read a blog from a developer a while back about why they hate achievements, and this is part of the reason. They create a game with a very specific rule set and design so that players go out and play their games, for the most part, the way they want player to experience them. Then they go and add in arbitrary achievements just to appease Sony and MS. Players then see the achievements and set out to get them all to "platinum"(don't know what the other one is called for completing all achievements) a game. Thus, not playing the game that way it was meant, and many times at the expense of the players enjoyment. That is why you see games with very little achievements and ones that give you them for some of the lamest reasons.

As for BotW, I only went after the extra shrines just to see the different puzzles, not to get more health or stam. I only went after the seeds when I felt I needed more space. I did do all the shrines and only got about 120 seeds. There is nothing they could add to get me to get all 900. I beat the game with less than 90 collected and less than half the shrines found.

Deleted
    Skyrim: Special Edition

Never played the original, and just finished up the main quest now after about 80 hours played. Didn't mod it too much, just a few graphic and immersion mods.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10. The main quest was OK, I enjoyed the thieves guild and some other side storylines much more though. The combat was pretty ok, I love the slow motion kills a lot, especially with dagger backstabbing and arrows to the head.

I didn't like the fact at despite being open world, it didn't feel like an open world at all. Most of the game felt like it took place underground in tunnels without a lot of unique or special environments and I barely ever traveled in the world for more than a minute at times. Add fast travel and the loading screens and yeah, doesn't feel like an open world game at all to me.

I also don't like that I had to be the dragon born / hero of the world. I'm so so so tired of that in all games. I just want to be a nobody thief/scumbag doing my thing and if I might feel like saving the world because I happened to be there at the right time and on the inside I'm a good guy then hey, so be it. But that's not specifically against Skyrim, same goes for WoW and all games.

Life is Strange: Before the storm (ep1) - 8/10

Pretty solid tbh. I knew i wouldn't enjoy it as much as the first game since there's no more time travelling, but it was still really good. Just like the first game this one still managed to hit right in the feels at some points. It was fun to see all the old characters again, especially David and Joyce, and Rachel seems like a pretty decent character so far so i'm looking forward to the next episode. The ending was a bit weird (?), but i liked it. The only thing negative i can think of right now would be not being able to skip dialogue. Restarted from a checkpoint because i picked the wrong answer by accident, and had to listen to every single line of dialogue again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Child of Light 4/10

Didn't get it, really shallow boring storyline to start with, boring 'platforming' and exploration. It looks pretty but what a disappointment.

XCOM 2 War of the Chosen. 8.5/10
    Great game, but the late game is still the same as it was. I researched all the tech, defeated the new boss aliens, got soldiers to max level, everything. All that's left now is the slog of the shadow chamber projects and repetitive missions for 2 months in-game time. And the game set up interesting story about the Lost and then just ignored it. Weird.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I guess that would be World of Warcraft, which stands at 9/10.

But since it was just a quick login I guess I'll go with A Story About My Uncle, which is maybe... 8/10. Looks good, plays well, story's interesting, a good game for its length.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oxenfree 8/10

its some good horror