10+ Year Old Account
    Path of Exile - 7/10. I keep coming back to it, and I keep getting bored with it. Vicious cycle.

Phoenix Point - potential 9/10. It's still in Alpha, but I like what I'm seeing. It's sort of an amalgam of new and old X-COM/XCOM. Still a LOT of room for improvement, and I hope they follow through with it.

Crying Suns - 9/10. The background lore and story is DEEP. The combat and gameplay is brutal. I backed this game during its kicker campaign, and I do not regret it. I docked a point though because some of their gameplay choices just don't sit well with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Last of Us (Ps4): 8/10

Quite an astonishing feat to create such great lifelike characters and writing. Unfortunately the gameplay is kinda middle of the pack, there is no enemy variety and you basically do the same thing, prowling around until the end. Everything else is just amazing though, they created quite the post apocalyptic world there, and the set pieces of each chapter are incredibly well written. It's a shame that the gameplay is not really up to par.

Ratchet and Clank (2016): 9/10

I never expected it to rate this one so highly, but all things considered, this really is one of the best platformers of the decade, if not the best. The upgrade system, the minigames, the weapons, the bosses, the overall design, the gameplay variety, the cartoony graphics, it's like playing in a pixar movie. I really wish the collectibles were done a bit better, having to play new game+ for random drops is just bad. Extremely highly recommended even if you don't like platformers.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-10-13 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yeah, sunk cost fallacy mostly; people have invested a lot of time and/or money in a product which results in them being unable to objectively criticise said product.
    Is there a fallacy for claiming someone else is using a fallacy when they aren't? Reverse fallacy, maybe? Legit curious. Had that question pop in my head when I saw your post.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Is there a fallacy for claiming someone else is using a fallacy when they aren't? Reverse fallacy, maybe? Legit curious. Had that question pop in my head when I saw your post.
    That wouldn't be a fallacy, but an assumption, or educated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'll have to amend my score to be lower. I swear, as soon as I started to play more after that post, the game's experience has only gotten worse. I'm not even going to touch the fucking DLC.
    Argh, sorry about that bruv.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    That wouldn't be a fallacy, but an assumption, or educated guess.

Argh, sorry about that bruv.
    Well, fallacies are by definition are when you think you're acting logically but your thinking is actually colored by an emotion. So wouldn't looking at something and assuming it's a fallacy when it's not be a fallacy? =-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing since the good old 80s so I can be very very picky when it comes to giving games score of 10/10 tbh.

Most recently it is definitely Nier Automata such masterpiece and earlier in 2015 was Witcher 3.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Well, fallacies are by definition are when you think you're acting logically but your thinking is actually colored by an emotion. So wouldn't looking at something and assuming it's a fallacy when it's not be a fallacy? =-)
    No. That's not what logical fallacies are. Logical fallacies are errors in reason, deceptive or false arguments, false syllogism. Anyway this isn't the place to discuss definitions, so let's stick to sharing opinions about video games.

Batman Arkham Knight (was free in the Epic store).

Why haven't I played this game before? It's quite amazing! 8/10
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-10-15 at 09:54 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Barotrauma 7/10. Extremely fun game if you play it with friends.

Oxygen not included is the life/relationship destroyer, I literally cant stop playing it, 10/10 Its ruining me, I know it, but I don't care, Its been 4 months now, I can barely remember what my wife looks like, I have a sore back and my legs hurt from all the sitting, I've lost weight and friends, but nothing else matters, I'm on by 104th base and THIS is the one that will be perfectly automated I know it!!

10+ Year Old Account
    God of War: 10/10

I was not expecting this magnitude from a studio that just does hack n slash linear action games. Everything is amped to eleven. One of the best games of its generation.

Sims 4 10/10 w mods 4/10 without mods
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Destiny 2 7.5/10

I played it when it launched on BNet for free but quit very shortly after finishing the rather dull main campaign. I now played the F2P version which still includes a sizeable amount of content, and they've changed a lot of things for the better, including a much reduced emphasis on the cash shop looks like. I've had a lot of fun in Gambit in particular, really like the Exotic hunt quests and the shooting is solid, but the random loot is uninteresting, the UI not that intuitive, the movement is floaty is like in Halo, and I've run out of story content and am fairly certain I won't buy the two paid expansions. Still, I'm having a fun time with this.

Brutal Legend 6/10

A friend of mine kept pestering me to play it, and I don't think I would have liked it much if I wasn't a fan of metal. The gameplay's kind of shit, really, and the story's nothing to write home about either. So the game falls back on its art design and, obviously, the soundtrack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands 3 - 8.5/10

Next up is The Outer Worlds
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

finally played The Last of Us after always hearing the hype - exceeded my expectations. A solid 9/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Little Nightmares - 9/10

It would been an easy 10/10 for me if it was just longer. It's only about 4 hours at the most. It's definitely a game you can finish in one sitting if you have the time. If you just keep going with the story and ignore all the collectibles I'd say it's an easy 3 hour game. It took me like 2 days to beat it but that's only because the OCD part of me wanted to explore every corner on every level to find as many secrets as I can and kept dying because of it. There is DLC that extends the story a bit but with a different character but I believe it's even shorter than the main story.

The gameplay is super fun, the "monster" designs are awesome and unique, reminds me of Tim Burton's work like Nightmare Before Christmas. It constantly, throughout the game, had me on the edge of my seat and had my heart racing when sneaking around enemies. It's full of suspense. Because of how freaky the monsters look and sound it actually gets you a little freaked out when you get caught.

I highly recommend it to anyone who loves puzzle-platformers with a nice touch of horror. It's really short but sweet at the same time. An awesome and fun experience.

- Currently playing Earth Defense Force 4.1 on PS4. I'd give it a 7/10. It's a good game. You definitely have to have a taste for weird Japanese style games to enjoy it though.

There is a story to it but it's hardly something to pay attention to. All you have to know is that there are giant alien bugs invading and you have to kill them all. They try to fill in the story by giving you bits of dialogue on some missions but you can hardly hear what they're saying over all the shooting and explosions going on around you.

Gameplay is very simplistic but fun. It's like a big shooting gallery with weapon drops and armor upgrades to collect. It's the kind of game where you can just turn off your brain for a while and just shoot and blow up shit. Lots of weapons to collect and use too so if you're tired of playing one way you can switch up your loadout. There's 4 different classes to play as too to mix up the gameplay a little further.

Overall it's just one of those games where gameplay is king. If you can look past the average PS3 looking graphics, the poor story, the bad dialogue then you can have lots of fun with it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-10-25 at 08:51 PM.

Tetris99: 7,5/10

It sure is fun, but I would like a bit more game modes and options, including a simple local 1v1, because why not.
    The highest place I got so far is 6 out of 99.

15+ Year Old Account
    GRIS: 9.5/10. Honestly, it was great. It was like playing through a piece of art. I played it on a plane with headphones and the musical swells just went so perfectly with what was happening onscreen. I just wish it was a little longer, but really satisfied with everything I did play.

Sea Salt. 6/10. It's really nice, there are some secrets hidden but I'm not good enough for some playstyles.

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA, 8/10. Back to WoW after giving Legion a month of my time seems weird. Its actually a lot of fun as a casual.

Call of Doody MW (2019)

Honestly, I don't now what to think of it yet. I always liked CoD because it was a pick-up-and-play arcade shooter with fast paced game play, lots of rushing and lots of action. They completely changed they meta with MW. It's become a camp game for all intents and purposes; movement is instantly punished because you can't move silently (even with dead silence activated), sprint out times are horrendous, which makes it difficult to rush someone that's hiding in a corner and the maps are huge with innumerable houses, cabins, windows and choke points. Attacking means that you have to traverse a long range while making a ton of sound and considering all these choke points and hiding spots.

I'm not saying this is a bad development, but it is getting used to. It's just not CoD; people barely move and those that do, end up being cannon fodder.

5/10 from an entertaining point of view. Who knows, this score might change into an 9/10 when I get used to the CS'esque game play. If not, who cares, it came virtually for free.

The Outer Worlds

Fallout meets Borderlands; why not. I haven't spent much time playing it yet, but it seems decent. I'm not a fan of the graphical style and of all the looting, but it might keep me interested for some time. I don't game more than an hour or two a week, so I tend to take my time with games.

6/10 so far.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-10-28 at 10:53 AM.