Total War: Warhammer 3: 7,5/10

Games really good, although it isn't as good as WH2 ended up. It started better than WH2 though. I have no doubt this will be great in due time. Currently, it is a little hard to judge. Game has solid ideas, but part of me wishes they did a little more groundwork. I never expected them to rehaul the entire game, because it would probably be impossible to port the old games over into the combined map. It still feels like they could have done more, but struggled to think of something they could do. The result is a game thats basically WH2 all over again with some changes here and there. Some of them work, others not so much.

There is now a story and the prologue is well done. The main campaign on the other hand makes no sense. You are racing the other factions for 4 McGuffins, the other factions shouldn't even be able to get. Also some endings (e.g. Kislev) make more sense than others (e.g. Cathay), giving the impression the story wasn't planned from the beginning.

The realms of chaos are cool to look at and are actually a nice idea the first time. They get annoying and repetitive incredibly fast though. On my second playthrough I was already sick of them.

There are two separate victory conditions. Domination and a story related one. While it is nice to have some alternative to conquer everything, the whole rifts/realms of chaos thing makes conquering undesirable. Your best bet with every faction is to expand to maybe 2-3 provinces and then wait for the story events to happen. You can ignore that and go for domination, but the AI won't and you will lose if they finish the story.

The Legendary Lord participates in the story which is nice, but now he has to do everything. There is hardly any value in multiple armies because the victory conditions have to be accomplished by the LL.

Things like region trading, better diplomacy, etc are finally in but the UI overall is a straight downgrade from WH2. Feels like they started reworking it, didn't finish and now you have some menus that behave like in WH2 and some that have a completely different concept in mind with pins, etc.

They started with 8 factions but the rosters are very small. You are limited to one playstyle with little room to adapt for certain enemies. Also some rosters are clearly at a disadvantage for the survival battles. Artillary and cavalry is pretty bad at them.

Overall I like the game. But, I can't help but think they tried something more here and didn't get it to work in time. So many things feel half finished from the UI, siege rework, the realm of chaos mechanic, etc. Or they simply couldn't think of something else anymore. It feels like they were working on a checklist of things people missed in WH2, rather than thinking of something new. And while I do appreciate many cool new things like armies having different voicelines depending on terrain, item fusing, etc I still think this could have been better.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2022-03-06 at 03:12 PM.

GranTurismo 7: (9/10) PS5
    Game is great and I get those old Gt-Gt4 vibes from it. I've played maybe 16 hours in the last 2 days, just can't put it down really. It recaptured that old Gt vibe and also found some Forza 1‐4 spirit as well, which is kind of surprising.
    On the game play front:
    Racing is solid as ever, definite improved physics, cars don't feel like they are riding on a wooden suspension anymore. Cars feel very natural. AI is alright enough enough fun to race against.
    Controls:
    Been playing on a controller, which has been better than ever, usually don't like DS controllers for racing games but this has been a nice surprise. Some gripes here, see below. I also have a wheel which I just haven't hooked up yet, I'll get to it one day.
    Presentation:
    Graphics are great, some backgrounds can be noticeably GT, but at the same time that's the charm. Sound is phenomenal, coming from multiple forza titles where it feels sound gets worse and worse each year, this is an amazing change of scenery.
    Menus... and just basic game structure are typical Polyphony.

Gripes, disappointments, and items to keep an eye on...
    Game touted a use of the new DS haptic triggers and well its been super disappointing. I've had to fully disable the brake triggers feedback, and reduce the accelerator to weak. Forza has had this since F5 I believe and it's been really good the whole time. I know the DS controller's haptic is way more advanced than the Xbox Elite controllers, but the implementation here is just really poor.
    I kind of miss the old GT car lists where there were 100 different Toyota camry's. This game has gone full Forza in that it has select cars. Now I get that with full car modeling and the way GT does things with how specific cars get modeled that this isn't really possible to have thousand cars anymore, but I kind of miss it.
    Microtransactions and gacci mechanics:
    They exist but they haven't really become a problem. Idk if they ever will, I'm more worried about the gacci mechanic as it's connected to engine swaps and different parts that you can't buy. What concerns me is I've done 10 of these loot box rolls and everytime I've gotten gold credits, not a car, not a new part, not an engine.... I can't buy the things in the rolls outside of the car sometimes. There may come a point where this causes game play issues. Although I'll caveat with I don't know if the lootboxes are purchasable, if they aren't I suppose that makes the mechanic not as bad, but it's still kind of meh.

I played a SRPG/visual novel hybrid called Aselia the Eternal - the Spirit of Eternity Sword. I was told I would get to conquer other countries.

Well, that's technically true. You do get to invade and conquer countries (in fact, only the first two wars we fought were motivated by genuine self-defense. The other five wars were unambiguously us being the aggressors). However, in true modern JRPG fashion, the writers don't want to give me an unadulterated conquest experience. Instead, we get doublethink where the characters have to go "no protagonist! Launching unprovoked invasions and nuking cities doesn't make you evil! You are actually a good hearted anime hero!". Ugh. Can't I just I be a conqueror with no frills attached?

The game begins with our protagonist, Yuuto, and his adoptive little sister, Kaori, getting isekaied from Japan to this fantasy world. They are promptly captured by the Kingdom of Rakios. Since Yuuto can wield magic swords (and none of the other humans in the fantasy world can't), the royal family decides to take Kaori hostage and blackmail Yuuto into becoming a warrior for Rakios. After a few victories, Yuuto gets promoted to captain of Rakios' military, and you command a conscript army.

What's most funny is how these conquests are dressed up in a veneer of ecoterrorism. The world is in the midst of an industrial revolution where everything is dependant upon oil ether. According to this crazy scientist who is in exile from her home country, ether is important to the cycle of life, and the mining of ether to power your kitchen stove, your television, your teleporter, etc, will lead to the death of the planet. Naturally, the princess believes takes this at face value and launches a crusade in the name of stopping climate change. As you can probably tell, this VN was written around the turn of the century, when ecoterrorism was considered an acceptable protagonist motivation in entertainment.

The combat sections take place entirely on the world map. The objective of a mission is usually to capture a settlement, but sometimes you wind up defending a settlement for X number of turns. You organize your units into four squads of 3 units each, and send your squads down routes to fight enemy squadrons and capture territory. Combat between squadrons resembles Fire Emblem-esque battles where the attacking side gets to attack twice while the defending side only gets to attack once. The units during the battles are depicted with a cutsey chibi artstyle like you would see in Ragnarok Online.

The combat sections are poorly designed. You are often forced to complete a mission within a time limit, be it slaying a dragon or capturing a city (which is held by enemy forces that have their stats massively boosted). I found that it was possible to softlock your game because the enemies were mathematically impossible to beat unless your forces were high enough level. Except that in Aselia, your units do not level up by killing enemies, but by sitting in one of your cities and spending a turn training up. If your forces aren't high enough level by the time you need to complete the timed objective, then sorry, you have softlocked your save and need to reload a save from several hours before and train up your forces then.

This is at odds with the reward structure of the game, where you get more mana for completing missions faster (you HAVE to keep getting SS or S rank every time, or you will simply fall behind and won't be able to catch up), which means you want to forgo waiting in base and training up your units and to try to rush towards the objective and win with your forces being as low level as possible. This in turn conflicts with the permadeath system. Like Fire Emblem, there is permadeath, and since your forces are always going to be underleveled, you're guys are constantly going to die, which means you're going to be constantly saving and reloading a lot to make sure each bout leaves your guys alive. At least quick reloading is baked into the game rather than requiring you to use an emulator and save states, but it is still nonetheless very aggravating.

The game ultimately isn't very fun to play. At all. It is a very long winded visual novel, and the writing is... bad. On multiple levels. On the micro level, there is far too much superfluous prose and inner thoughts. About half of the game's entire script is devoted to reiterating information that the player already knows, even stuff that was repeated literally 5 minutes ago. On the macro level, there are far too many fluff slice of life scenes that have nothing to do with anything, and just exist to pad time. This led me to skimming through scenes trying to get to the next scene of interest. And then you have the plot failing to deliever on promises that were set up early on. For example, at the beginning of the game, the protagonist, Yuuto, makes a faustian bargain with a demon possessed sword in exchange for saving his sister, but the plot never follows up on the consequences of that.

There were a couple of good scenes off of the top of my head, mostly when it came to Yuuto's childhood friends of Kouin and Kyouko. But overall the story was rather decisively "meh", and as aforementioned the combat sections were very tedious. I reached chapter 5 and decided to quit. I looked up a guide and saw that I only had about two or three battles left, but at that point I couldn't be bothered anymore.

One thing I will say is that I liked that the game was NOT voiced in Japanese, at least for the first chapter or two. The characters spoke in a made up language, and Yuuto having to try to use nonverbal communication and eventually learn the language of this world was rather immersive. Sadly, after a while everyone goes back to just speaking Japanese, which is a shame.

I do not recommend this game. That being said, if you do buy it, then know that the resolution scaling is borked. If you have an AMD card, then you use this fix:

• Right click your Desktop.
    • Click "AMD Radeon Settings"
    • Click "Display"
    • Click "GPU Scaling" and switch it to "On"
    • Click "Scaling Mode" and select "Preserve Aspect Ratio"

Final verdict: skip it

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey, 9/10 (so far)

Still on-going, I've just finished my business in Attika, if that gives an impression on how much ground I still have to cover.

I actually ended up writing a lot so maybe better if I collect it all behind a collapse.

Spoiler: 
    It's AC, so expect the world to be built as parkour ground for ancient would-be assassins, which delivers the usual hit to credibility. Despite that the environments look nice if you can get over the fact that, due to the large size of the world, everything is pretty much copypasted. I felt it was alright for smaller cities like Megara to be like that, but then I got to Athens and was hugely disappointment. Alexandria in AC Origins is far better, which actually should be expected considering that game only had three major cities (and Krokodilopolis), where as Odyssey caters to the entirety of ancient Greece, which was famous for its city states (meaning each needs some amount of respectful representation). Well, after lambasting Athens as copypaste shite I did warm up to it a little after questing there for a time. So I would say you can get over the sense everything in the game is generated from shared resources, as bummer as it is considering the franchise's history with city design. Such as it is I do find smaller settlements nicer, as they don't have to cover a lot of ground, therefore it's easier to design them with common structures.

Gameplay is similar to how it was in Origins, but combat doesn't feel as satisfying. I think it's tougher too, as I don't recall having this much trouble in the previous game. Died a lot in the early stages, though less now that I've unlocked Warrior skills and managed to get used to the gameplay. Even though the flow of combat in Origins felt better, the combat in Odyssey is weightier in a way that imo gives it more credibility. No matter your level you should have some trouble facing multiple foes at once. Warrior skills diminish this the more you unlock them, but if you keep a high-ish wanted level like I do there's often some tough opposition to make fights something you can't just phone in.

Speaking of the wanted level, one thing I really like is Odyssey's version of Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis-system, the Mercenary-system (wonder if Ubisoft got into legal trouble for that, since the system is under WB's copyright). Basically you do crimes like murder and thievery, you get a wanted level and mercenaries with some personality are sent after you, similar to Origin's phylakitai, just organic instead of a finite number of pre-designed foes. As you're a mercenary yourself there's a ranking ladder to climb, which nets you different benefits, and the further you get the harder your enemies become. Early on I relied on kicking everybody off a building, but at the level I'm currently on they all seem to be immune to it. You can pay a fine or kill a sponsor to get rid of your infamy, but I tend to keep it ongoing, as the wandering mercenaries actively hunting you makes the game more interesting (not to mention their loot is pretty good). This system leaks somewhat to regular enemies, as some enemy officers have shown to be almost as difficult as mercenaries below your rank. Most NPC's in the game, mercenary or otherwise, can be subdued and recruited to your crew as lieutenants, which nets your naval capability various perks and adds said recruit as a friendly combatant when boarding enemy ships.

That's right, seafaring is back! The core part of the best AC to date, Black Flag, I'm very happy to see it again. Initially I expected to find it cumbersome and kind of silly, as ancient Greece doesn't have the kind of ships 1700's Caribbean did (cannons, son!), but Ubisoft made it work splendidly; the Greek sea actually makes for a terrific setting for seafaring, and the trimeres of the era were very much used due to the land being coastal all around and islandy. Unlike in Black Flag you only use the sail at travel speed, otherwise it's all about people below deck using a whole bunch of oars, which (from my non-expert perspective) makes those tight turns more believable than they were in Black Flag. With the trimeres ramming feels like a core part of naval battle too, with arrows and spears (era substitutes for cannons) being in a more supportive role.

As much as I like the setting and the seafaring, the world does somehow feel less intriguing than Origins's Egypt. Ancient Egyptian religion and culture always felt more mysterious to me, what with all the pyramids and mummy curses, and I'm less familiar with them too than the done-to-death Greek stuff. Traveling around the Nile and the deserts and the old city of Memphis, there was a feeling of dread where ever I went. Odyssey has this to a degree with the antagonist faction, the Cult of Kosmos, but the land itself feels bright and chipper unlike Egypt. Without going too much into the plot (especially as I'm only, what, four chapters in?), it seems to be about the protagonist's bloodline, which makes the theme about family more than Assassin's Vs Templars, which Origins was largely about with Bayek's personal quest to destroy the proto-Templar faction, the Order of the Ancients.

I mean, sure, the Cult is still a Templar-esque antagonist faction, but they don't feel so mysterious nor the primary focus the way the Order did. Where Templar/Order targets were always plot-relevant big names, the Cult is a list of NPCs out in the world you discover by collecting clues about each one at your own pace. The Sages are the actual real deal (I assume, haven't unlocked any yet), otherwise you have a kill-list of people of little consequence or personality, kinda distancing the Cult from the main plot imo. Maybe it'll pick up later, but, conceptually, the cultist map turns what should be a core part of the plot into yet another Ubisoft bundle of chores. There's intrigue in hunting them down, but in a side-activity way. It doesn't help that the clue-gathering discovery tour is optional, you can stumble on cultists accidentally too, as I did in Attika, twice. In the first case I was puzzled why an officer among other guards was considerably tougher than the rest, then I got a slain cultist notice once I killed him. The other I accidentally killed as my mace swing unintentionally hit what appeared to be some random civilian as I was fending off guards.

I've otherwise enjoyed following the plot. Kassandra (of course I picked Kassandra) is a far better protagonist than Bayek, whose fundamentalist ways constantly irked me, and what we lost in the Cult's presentation we gained in personal impact. Kassandra travels the world pursuing personal goals and lives merrily as a misthios, mercenary. You get to make choices much like in Witcher 3, and while most don't have that much impact (if any) they do play their part in forming Kassandra's personality. There are also some choices that have actual impact on the world. Usually they're part of the main quest, but some side-quest choices have impact too. Here's an example: In Kephallonia a town was burned because it was plague-ridden. Only one family left and it's about to be killed by a priest. Prompting them you get to choose whether to protect the family from the priest or to let him kill them. Saving the family would be the "good" choice in a more generic setting, but in this case they are plague-carriers. If you save them you doom all of Kephallonia to become plague-ridden, while allowing the priest to kill them prevents this. I chose the latter so couldn't confirm the results of the former, but being a chicken I googled the consequences prior to making the choice and learned Kephallonia would go through visceral changes to the worse if you allow the plague to survive. Walking away after stating she wouldn't interfere, Kassandra was declared to have blood on her hands by the father of the family. This made me think of the trolley problem.

So for an AC the game does have a lot of personality and I really like the protagonist and her familial ties. And even though I'm not usually concerned by it, it's refreshing to see a good female protagonist in a video game (AC has already done well in that with Evie). I haven't tried Alexios, but playing as Kassandra the game very much feels like it was intended to be experienced as her.

I'm having such a good time with the game that even with all my criticism I'm giving it a 9/10. Subject to change if it takes a turn to the worse.

Finally down to the last island, Krete, in AC: Odyssey. This game is way too long for its own good.

Aw shit, I just realized I still have the DLCs too...
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Finally down to the last island, Krete, in AC: Odyssey. This game is way too long for its own good.

Aw shit, I just realized I still have the DLCs too...
    AC: Odyssey is an amazing game through and through, especially if you're into ancient history and more specifically, ancient Greece. I've Platinumed it on the PS4 a couple of years ago and it did take a lot of time, but I just had to complete it. I've never gotten around to buying the season pass though, mainly because I picked the other two sandbox AC games up. Origins and Valhalla are both amazing games too, structured the same way as Odyssey.

The sea battles are awesome, the architecture is awesome and so is the story; I've played through it with Kassandra because it just feels right that she's the one who saves her brother from the Cult of Cosmos and reunites the entire family. Oddly enough, I got the perfect ending with everyone alive.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2022-03-13 at 12:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Path of Exile

After years of being turned off from it because of it's steep learning curve, I finally put some decent time into learning it and am now addicted. 8/10

Disciples Liberation: 6/10

Games like Heroes of Might and Magic have always been my thing, so I decided to give this a try. I was pleasantly suprised at first, it isn't a triple A title but it was really quite decent. The whole thing overstays it's welcome though.

The story: I think somebody put some real work into the story. There is a lot of it. But it is impossible to follow. Sometimes your character represents an entire army, sometimes it's just your 2-3 companions. Going a few steps on the map sometimes represents big time leaps, sometimes it is no distance at all. I recruited one companion who was living her life in chains. The recruitment mission ended right next to her companion quest. You literally go 3 steps to the next quest where she already talks about how she would feel a lot safer if the main char accompanied her because she is such a dear and trusted friend. In game you met her literally 5 minutes ago. Whole thing starts off with the main char and her friend searching for protection because of a botched assassination. They stumble upon an empty city and decide to use it as a homebase in search of allies. So far so good. Around the 3rd map they suddenly start talking about "I am the Liberator and I will liberate this world". Did I miss something? Has our objective changed? It's like they saw the title of the game and decided they actually needed to do some liberating. From what or whom I am liberating anyone (actually most people would be better off if they never met me so far), I can't say.

The combat: It's actually quite fun at first. Sure the AI is stupid and just programmed to randomly throw their attacks out regardless of friendly fire, but on highest difficulty it was actually quite challenging. But that didn't last long. Your main char outgrows everything pretty fast. She is so damn op that you can solo most things with her. I currently run her in, do a huge AOE that kills half of the enemies straight away, the rest is taunted to attack me, and I kill everyone with counterattacks while healing more damage than I take.

The units: You can ally yourself with 4 factions. But the further you progress the more similar the factions get. Feels like they started with different playstyles, then abandoned the idea and gave everyone the same units with different reskins. With a few exceptions everyone has the same units, with minor adjustments like shifiting the spell elements around: ice for elf, divine for empire, unholy for undead and fire for legion. Overall it doesn't really matter which faction you take. You get the same stuff anyway. Also it doesn't matter because the main char will solo everything.
    Companions just being reskins of regular units is also a letdown. They don't get any better.

The mobile game: Sometimes I think this game started as a mobile game. It has all the ingredients of a raid shadowlegends. In your city you have limited building slots and swapping costs resources. Resources are gathered over time, but you have to collect them by pressing "Gather Resources". Thats it: once an hour go to your city and press: Gather Resources.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2022-03-13 at 03:42 PM.

Exapunks - 7/10

A programming puzzle game, in which you write programs in a very simple language for small robots to execute and reach the goal of a level. In general I liked it. The missions are fairly different from each other and add variety. Even in this simple language, there are many different approaches for each mission. You can also see how good your approach was compared to other players around the world (in terms of speed, size and amount of robots needed). The two (minor) downsides for me were, 1. even though there was a lot of variety in the missions, it felt the game outstayed its welcome in the end by adding more and more extra missions after the main story, which became a bit of a slog. And 2., annoying for an achievement hunter like myself, somehow there seems to be this weird need of many developers of usually more slow-paced games to add a fast paced action mini-game inside the game, and tie the hardest achievements just to that. Stardew Valley did this, and Exapunks did it as well. If I want a challenge in an action game, I would play one, and not a puzzle game.

Elden Ring 10/10 - game of the century. It's a masterpiece. There's nothing more to say.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - 8.5/10

It was pretty damn enjoyable game with good story. Minus points for being a bit short, bit too much on rails - pretty much always the way is straightforward with just a little bit of nooks to look for.

And lastly the combat, while its definitely not bad it kinda feels lacking, overall I enjoyed it however guns do very little damage compared to abilities (maybe its because i played on hardest difficulty), also selecting abilities (gotta press 3 buttons) was rather annoying. However dodge system was one of the best in games or maybe even the best i've played = double tab and super responsive with nice animations. Middle button for special gun mode wasn't the best idea ever either.

Took 17h to finish it. If you ever find yourself wondering if you should play a game or watch a movie, play GOTG, satisfies both desires at once.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Elden Ring - 9/10

Sure, it's capped at 60 fps but the so called "performance issues" don't take anything away from the game or I'm just lucky and haven't had any so far.

2022, people will whine about anything.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Elden Ring - 8/10

Pretty good

10+ Year Old Account
    Elden Ring: 10/10

I don't remember a time when a videogame had this amount of hype surrounding it, and actually exceeding it after release. Ever.

I've played and platinumed all Fromsoft titles except Demon's Souls, because fuck getting a PS3 or finding a PS5. I'm a fan of their games, and this is by far their best effort. Surely it has flaws, but those flaws are either based on my subjectivity, or hardware/software limitations (Direct 12/CPU architecture on PC causes some hiccups for less than 0.01% of the game). Some people find the PC controls weird. I can't speak about that since I used a PS4 controller, but if it's anywhere near the DS2 controls which I used a M/KB for, it might be "ok".

The open world theme could have gone horribly wrong. It could have followed Ass Creed into copy-pasting "things to do" to fill up the play time. It could have followed the Witcher 3 formula, give you a main mission/narrative, but also give you a billion things to check off in a to-do list, giving you a headache every time you open the map.

In fact, Fromsoft made something extraordinary. They give you a vast, vast world with distinct areas and unique things to do in each and every one of them, always rewarding your exploration with something that will help you on your journey. It's absolutely mindblowing what they managed to do here. There is just so much to explore and see.

It doesn't hold your hand, it doesn't give your baby brain a big arrow "GO HERE". It just lets you explore and experience things. And the best part is, most of it is pretty well hidden unless you actually explore. They even added the fucking Abductor thing from Bloodborne, where you need to be killed by a certain enemy in a certain way to progress in an optional area.

For example, I found a lone jellyfish in the middle of nowhere that seemed to speak to me and looking for her sister. I whipped out my jellyfish summon by instinct, and I witnessed something that pulled at my heartstrings. It's such a small thing and I'm pretty sure that 70% of people will just miss it, but it's there.

The game is hard. Some of the hardest content Fromsoft has ever made has been crammed in it. Orphan of Kos has found a rival in this game. However, this is by far the most accessible Fromsoft title to date by removing all linearity and removing big wipe runs. Dying and running back isn't the end of the world like in previous Fromsoft titles. Is one area too hard? Just try the other one. Maybe you will find some upgrade materials or better weapons to blow up that boss that's been cockblocking you. The best example is literally the first boss everyone will encounter. The best play is to just ignore him and come back several hours later. You can try him, but it won't end well most likely.

People might complain about some reskinned bosses, but with like 120 bosses, some reskins are not the end of the world. Others might complain about some builds like strength being less viable than others. I dominated with literally double powerstancing giant hammers. I might go battlemage on my next playthrough, or LARP as god and just shoot light out of my asshole. The choices are infinite.

The lore, I honestly didn't really understand most of it. I definitely need to replay it and make sure I don't miss out on NPC's sidequests this time.

TLDR: this is the definitive game of the generation. It's too early to be compared to colossi such as Ocarina of Time or Doom, but it's definitely close.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2022-03-22 at 06:41 PM.

Nobody saves the world - 8/10. Not really a hard or deep game, story is eh, some characters and dialogue are quite funny, but the best part, the gameplay loop is fun and addictive as hell. And it keeps it fresh with different "forms" you can change into that change up your abilities that you can do, with some mix and matching of abilities.

3+ Year Old Account
    Loki: Heroes of Mythology: 5/10.

This game is basically the bastard child of Diablo and Age of Mythology. While the highs are high, the lows are every bit as low. The core gameplay loop is enjoyable and satisfying (at least once you get access to AoE skills), though very repetitive. The game has serious, yet easily-fixable balance issues, has a bizarre control scheme, and tends to bug out a fair bit. Also really doesn't help that you effectively have to beat the game 3 times over to get the true ending. Perhaps the game's greatest strength is the fact that since it's basically gone under the radar for a decade and a half, the game's very undocumented, so it feels like a completely fresh experience. So based off that alone, it may be worth messing with if you've already played through all the good ARPGs.

Martha is Dead = 5/10. Easy but tedious "puzzles", obvious from the start plot twist, wtf vague ending. Its a short game so it kinda kept me interested til the end.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - 8.5/10

It's almost as good as Borderlands 2, but not quite. Though that game had years to add for it, this just came out, so we'll see on that end. Gunplay is great just like BL3, Story is leaps and bounds better, has one of the best villains of the franchise, and you are actually the protagonist in this game, where you basically didn't exist in 3. It's not as big of a game as the mainline borderlands games, and that's not a bad thing, as it's a lot more tight and really no filler. Love the fact I can make my own character, and not a preset with preset skills, really the character customization and multiclassing is great.

There are some noticeable flaws though, at least on PC. Textures when loading into a new area, like the ground textures, sometimes take a few seconds to load, which was there in BL3. The rest are mostly UI problems. Tooltips disappearing, map controls are really really bad with m/kb. Trying to sell items to the vendor is just a terrible experience, but they added a quick sell trash so the headache is slightly eased by that, still not great. And after 5 of these games figure they'd have an easier way to compare gear but nope still bad. If you like these games though, as I do, I 100% recommend it, it's one of the best they've made. Though maybe wait a patch or two to fix some of these UI problems that I've mentioned.

Fortnite now that hey have a no building mode in battle royale: 9/10. fuck the sweats who build entire apartment complexes, I'm too old to shoot and build at the same time. best season ever.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    For example, I found a lone jellyfish in the middle of nowhere that seemed to speak to me and looking for her sister. I whipped out my jellyfish summon by instinct, and I witnessed something that pulled at my heartstrings. It's such a small thing and I'm pretty sure that 70% of people will just miss it, but it's there.
    Brother. You have blown my mind. I have hundreds of hours in this game and never encountered this at all.

I am astounded that this game even exists.

Doom: Eternal - 8.5

Oh boy that was helluva ride. Finished the game on nightmare with around 150 deaths i think, not sure how to check it out, never used sentinel armor or any kind of cheat code. The best thing about game is combat no doubt, dynamic, satisfying. Puzzles however were kinda meh. I did look up couple of those. Music was good, story was ok.

The meh part: backtracking, there were some puzzles that if you missed once, you had to use fast travel to try again and that meant finishing mission first, then backtracking. Sword was kinda drip fed, was hoping to see more sword action, bfg as well.

The bad part: Marauder. Hes not necessarily hard but really annoying. I hate auto block mechanics.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV