10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Saints Row 3: 7.5/10.

My first entry of the series and i'm having a blast. Gameplay wise isn't nothing special, a lot similar to GTA: San Andreas (the best one) but this one is so random during its missions that it never stop to give me a good laugh. Yes, my humor is childish and i'm not ashamed.
    What i liked a lot too is the fact i can change my character appearance, upgrade all weapons, customize my favorite cars.... I love being free to change these things, it gives me some freedom of choice on how i want to appear in game; last not least, if i want to change my character... Let's to to the plastic surgeon!
    I'll probably keep this game installed on my HDD to complete activities when i finish story mode, which is almost complete. It's always a good sign when i want to keep a game installed and play it when i feel like.
    My feels were the same when playing 3 as my first title, must admit that sr1-2 makes sr3 so different that it ends up being disappointing, on my first playthrough (having never palyed sr before) i loved it as a GTA parody which i definately needed because gtaIV felt really flat.
    Saints row activities are freaking fun as hell (especially the 2nd one, sadly the pc port is a bit too bad).

Monster hunter X: 9/10
    -The experience from someone coming from MH4U and previous iterations is overall high, the diversity in builds and skills is definately there and it allows you to try weapons you wouldn't ever have touched in your life, in my case it's GS, i hated how clunky it felt but swapped to aerial and it was just amazing.
    -The difficulty in the beggining was quite bigger than what i remember from LR on 4U, 3hits and you're back to base, it definately feels like a challenge even in the first hunts, having multiplayer with room names is definately a plus.
    .The music and diversity in maps and scenery is awesome, looking at the nightsky and seeing falling stars is amazing! also there are some returning characters that gave me some smiles (like guildmaarm C:!).
    -Having nyantas as hunters feels fun and innovative, gotta try them more on multiplayer tho!

Now the negatives tend to be a bit minimal just because i knew i was getting into:
    -The game has a barebones storyline... which i'm sort of okay considering it is not a sequel to the main franchice, it's just hunts and fanservice to older monster hunter titles.
    -There are barely any cinematics, maybe because it was a bit rushed in that regard, high hopes they'll add them to XU (if it ever comes out) with monster introductions.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    Divine Divinity (Steam version) - 6/10

An awesome game. In terms of gameplay, it's more or less a Diablo 2 clone. But it has a big open world, a main quest and story to follow, and many side quests. And it's really hard, especially in the beginning. The world and story are okay, though nothing special - quite standard prophecy / saviour of the world stuff. I'm not through the complete game yet, but it seems there won't be much more to it.
    I really liked that there always were some mobs which just could onehit you. Even in the late game, which is a bit too easy when doing many sidequests, there always can be a mob which looks at you and you're dead. Think of them as D2 elite monsters on super-steroids. There was always a danger of dying, even when outleveling the stuff. But all of them have some way to defeat them. E.g. I play a Survivor (equivalent of rogue). Elite zombies, being immune to pain, can be killed by just staying behind them and hacking at them in stealth. Other mobs are really slow and can be kited. Others are really weak against poison, and you can wear them down with that. Note that those fights are completely optional, you don't have to get by a mob that can onehit you with a little luck on his side to get on with quests.
    Another good thing was the choice offered. There is a talent (basically a combination of 2) which is more or less an equivalent of a cheat code. Looking at the spell descriptions, there seem to be 2-3 of those. So, if you don't find a way to win a tough fight, or if you just want to rush through it to experience the story, you always have the choice to take and use one of those to get on with the game.

Though there are several things that really bug me. Pun intended. Thus I wrote "Steam version" in the title and gave the only little above average rating. Steam is well known not to really bother with bugs in the older games they release, and just push it out. So if you want it, I'd advice another platform - e.g. gog is quite good when it comes to ironing out stuff in older games, and it's easier to apply player-made patches and fixes without the client crying about "not having the newest version".
    Some examples:
    - I had a few crashes, and tabbing out / back in again (e.g. to chat to someone, or taking a break) crashes the game, too.
    - A few dialogues and quests were weird, sometimes even bugged and impossible to be completed, when you did the stuff for the quest when exploring before accepting the quest.
    - An item needed for a main quest is sometimes bugged and doesn't drop. Luckily, I had a savegame before. I had to retry the fight 4 times till it finally dropped. And no, it shouldn't be only a % chance, because it's the only source for this item, and the main quest can not be done without it.

Those are only a few of the many examples I've encountered. It would be an easy 9/10, or probably even higher, without those, because the game itself is awesome.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-03-08 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Asta: 6/10 Too much p2w, the divine souls that people can get, you can buy turtles out of the cash shop to upgrade them to do majorly more dmg or stay alive longer, and anyone that doesnt use money has to grind soul stones which is somewhat hard to get to drop.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Fallout: New Vegas: 9/10.

After 40 hours of gameplay and still i haven't finished the main storyline and its DLCs i think it's time to give this game a score. After playing the first two games few months back i was kinda scared going into the modern FPS Fallout and after deciding if i should go with 3 or New Vegas i went with the latter and it's so much fun.
    I understand that the focus on shooting would put off the pacifist runners of the classic games but at least i'm extremely happy that S.P.E.C.I.A.L and skill checks still have an impact on dialogues and alternative routes. Come on, i had to drink beer to increase my charisma and read a barter book in Goldspring to have a free leather armor! In rpgs stats matter!
    Beside, i have a grudge on open world games, expecially last years the mantra is "open world or bust" because i feel these games are just full of fillers and you lose track of your objective, something in New Vegas i didn't felt. I was naturally going for the main quest while doing side objectives to progress and explore a nearby abandoned house to scavenge some ammo and materials. I never felt lost or doing mindless exploration, like it happened in Skyrim too many times (it's a good game, put down your pitchforks).
    Lastly but not least, you have different factions to side with and the others will hate you which can lead you to replay the game with a different outcome and build :P

Oh god, having so much fun from a 2010 game instead of latest AAA games.... is something wrong with me?
    Last edited by Seifa; 2016-03-12 at 07:04 PM.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

witcher 3 - 1/10
    1 point for graphics, -9 points for combat, movement, and control of your character overall... it's just impossible to play it after playing Blizzard games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    witcher 3 - 1/10
    1 point for graphics, -9 points for combat, movement, and control of your character overall... it's just impossible to play it after playing Blizzard games.
    Weirdest review of Witcher 3 I've ever seen...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    XCOM 2.. 9.5/10. It had some issues like bugs but nothing too game breaking and playing it on Ironman mode was insanely fun. I never rage while playing games but I caught myself yelling "come on, you noob!" or "youre gonna go clean the latrines after this, if you survive" out loud after they missed a very important 90%+ shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god, having so much fun from a 2010 game instead of latest AAA games.... is something wrong with me?
    Nah, some age well.. usually I dont do that as I cant get past the horrible graphics. 2010 isnt quite there yet though, some of those games actually still look pretty good.

Deleted
    What? There's nothing wrong with enjoying older games. And 2010 is in no way "old". Still many games from ~1990 and onwards (for some people / games even earlier) are awesome and enjoyable, if you don't mind the graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    A bit weird, as he focuses only on the weak points of the game and disregards the good, yes. But it's definitely a, by many, shared critique about the game.

[e] To stay on topic: Runespell: Overture - 5/10
    Quite nice game, and I like the basic idea: It's Solitaire and Poker mixed with a few RPG elements. It has some nice fights, and a small bit of story added. Though it gets repetitive quite fast, most fights play out the same, it's short (~ 8 hours), combat has quite a huge random element, which can be frustrating at times, and the AI isn't that good. Still an average rating because of the low price, it's ok to grab and play now and then.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-03-13 at 02:11 PM.

Bloodborne: 9.5/10 and will likely bump it to 10/10 by the time I am done with DLC. Already in my top 5 games of all time, and looking forward to dark souls II after this (and likely III as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Bloodborne: 9.5/10 and will likely bump it to 10/10 by the time I am done with DLC. Already in my top 5 games of all time, and looking forward to dark souls II after this (and likely III as well).
    Not sure if you've played Dark Soul 1 yet, but I'd put it up there with Bloodborne for sure.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 9/10

Nothing like barreling down a German autobahn in the pouring rain at 3 in the morning, listening to Megadeth on a streaming internet radio, all the while keeping an eye on the wonky AI driving around you hoping they don't slam on the brakes and crash, costing you valuable time and money.

It's a game that sounds like it shouldn't work - driving a truck from A to B, obeying traffic laws, no killing, no racing - sounds incredibly boring on paper but in practice becomes a relaxing jaunt around the sights of Europe.

Bioshock Infinite

9/10

A title I could recommend to anyone, great gameplay and a great story to boot.
    The only downside is the lack of replayability but as a game it is one of the best I've played.

Deleted
    The Division - 8/10

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ragnarok Online, 9.75/10.
    Remove cash shop and it is a solid 10 for me. =D

Plague Inc, Evolved

6/10

+ Cozy, addicting, fun, challenging and overall well-made.

- Despite winning unlocking new things there's really only material to play for a day or two untill it's all the same. It's one or two extremely entertaining days, but there's very little replayability once you've figured out the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Ragnarok Online, 9.75/10.
    Remove cash shop and it is a solid 10 for me. =D
    If i wasn't so annoyed by the massive grind, i would still play RO. It has one of the best class systems.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Also 1-9=1

Been trying the new Hitman and for the first time I have to give it a 3/10. A good game but always online DRM for any single player game is pathetic.

Deleted
    Borderlands 2: 10/10

I just bought the five Headhunter DLCs and I'm still having a blast with this game. Took me three attempts to actually get into it (and beyond the getting to Sanctuary quest), after that I was hooked. Great gameplay, great villan, great DLCs. Well worth the money, even now.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Just Cause 3 its somewhat boring and the out-post capturing is tedious 5/10
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.