No rest for the Wicked (6/10)
    It's beautiful, I like a lot of what I see out of it. Combat is a slog and boring. It's EA, I can't imagine this is what they intended for combat so I'm assuming it will be changed.

Millennia (3/10)

It is interesting, but it is not there yet. Needs a few more patches to become more playable. Problem is that you sometimes need specific resources while you cannot gain them with technologies that appear much later, while your cities grow beyond a limit which asks for new resources. You should have access to resources earlier than needed and cities should have a cap they cannot get over until the resource in question is actively farmed, so you are not completely overwhelmed by a lack of a resource. For example, if you get to a city size of 30 pops, you need education. And getting education buildings could very well happen way later than you grow cities that large. And there is no chance to not get into a dark age which is way too hard to come by.
    Last edited by schmonz; 2024-04-24 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 76 (revisited) - 7/10

The forgotten stepchild of the 3D Fallouts. The one a lot of people wrote off before even getting 1/4 through the main story because it was full of bugs, the world was dull, and the MTXs sucked. Years later people say, "it's good now!", but is that actually enough to give a first or second try?

I ruined another F4 playthrough by trying to get too fancy with mods, the show came out, F76 had some cool promos, I decided to finally give the game a second look. Decided to start a fresh new character. Immediate change, the community. People are friendly, they welcome new players to join events even if under leveled, they donate stuff to get you started, the game even encourages grouping. The 2nd thing is actual NPCs, human NPCs. Humans on the roads, humans NPCs fighting out in the world or chilling in locations, human quest givers. Vendors, factions, etc.The world isn't dead. More holos, more flavor text, the of the things that make Fallout, Fallout. The vanilla story still suffers from being built without humans in mind, doesn't make much sense that you're essentially following "ghost" but then straight up meet her early on too... whatever. You can have a quest that said the Brotherhood got wiped out while working for them at the same time.Play any other Fallout if you want better stories.

Back in the day the game was billed as "P2W" so I checked out the store to see if that's still the case. I wasn't expecting much. Whats in the store? 90% cosmetics, and a few convenient QoL stuff. All reasonably priced to be earned if via objectives that give Atom (MTX currency). Some stuff was locked behind their subscription, but the majority of it was just skins. Can't be mad at it.

Base building feels better even though Im not sure what actually changed. People build some amazing stuff, there's also a private home/shelter you can build.

The game is just overall better. Kind of an MMO lite. More robust and multiplayer forward than survival builder/crafters, not quite an MMO. You can can play 100% solo but I think it requires a sub to do so, might as well play Fallout 4 then anyway. Power players probably use private worlds to farm resources but it's not required at all.

Overall the game is pretty much bug free as far as things that block progress, unlike launch. There's Bethesda jank in enemy behavior, some pc setups require some tinkering to get the game to run, but it runs fine once it does. It's missing the personal feel of even Fallout 4, which was relatively light compared to 3 and NV, but it makes up for it in gameplay. Worth a try if you already have it or can get it on sale. It's also free on Game pass or with a Prime subscription.

Resident Cosplay Progressive