Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    Teso : 3/10

Skyrim multiplayer mod was even a better *mmo* expirience then this
    Here you clearly can see the ''Elder Scrolls'' name does this game harm. Because it really is a good MMO on it's own, but if you start comparing it to a game like Skyrim is just not right because the possibilities are so greater than in any MMO really. The way you should really see it though, is that you like singleplayer RPG's, but you're not into MMO's. That's not wrong, but people who didn't play ESO think this game is a bad MMO, which it isn't, it would be a bad singleplayer RPG. But if you played WoW, you know that it's a mediocre RPG experience weaven through this awesome online world. And that's where it's about. Btw, I think combat is more fun than Skyrim, but that's the MMO fan inside me speaking again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    There are several reasons why the ending is fucked up. The writers wrote themselves into a corner at the end of ME2. How do you beat a race a god-like beings who are superior in every way possible? You cannot reason with the reapers, you cannot beat them on the battlefield, you cannot cut their supplies, you can do nothing. There is absolutley no way to end this story in any satisfying way. You have to make the villains look like idiots or get some deus ex machina out of your ass.

Does this make ME3 the worst game ever? No! It's great, until the ending. I would rate it with a 6 or 7 out of 10. But the ending is a HUGE dissapointment abnd the extended ending fixes nothing.
    I don't know. I think the main reason people hated the ending is that it was not a classic happy end. I think the whole story makes sense. It is much more plausible that they managed to defeat Reapers by some ancient device developed for countless cycles, rather than by their own means with their negligible technology. I, for one, liked that ending way better than, say, Dragon Age: Origins with its cliched, "Archdemon is defeated, everyone's happy, let's party now boys!!!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hawken - 8/10

It's only in beta (early access) as far as I know but this game seriously blew me away. It's like Team fortress and Mechwarrior had a son who was raised by Armored Core. The only reason this game lacks a bit in score is because it's F2P. It's a good model and not too much of a cash grab, but it just feels like they could have benefited much more from a small price tag and a more time-reasonable method of unlocking new mechs. The gameplay is an absolutely blast however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Here you clearly can see the ''Elder Scrolls'' name does this game harm. Because it really is a good MMO on it's own, but if you start comparing it to a game like Skyrim is just not right because the possibilities are so greater than in any MMO really.
    Nah. Their goal here was box sales and that Elder Scrolls name is what sold that deal though it has little to nothing to do with its longevity as an online title.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

It's been a while since I had time to post anything at all, so I'll just go with the most recent 3.

Plants vs. Zombies 2 --- 7/10

Overall it was a fun game, with more options and smoother game play than the first. The biggest glaring problems is the bad free-to-play nature of the game pops up fairly frequently, and then the side-games you are forced to play through that divert from normal game play. The currency or waiting/playing for hours is basically required on quite a few levels in an attempt to force you to use the cash shop instead of waiting or grinding. I also did not care for suddenly having to play a match card game instead of anything close to killing zombies with plants. Overall it is still worth the time to play though.

Dark Souls 2 --- 9/10

A vast improvement over the first game, where I felt like my character had just eaten a handful of muscle relaxants and chased it with vodka. The storyline is interesting, and the majority of the times I died I knew it was my own fault. There are still times like in the first game though where death is completely unavoidable, and usually quite sudden. Honestly the biggest reason the game will never get a 10/10 from me is not from difficulty, or even the annoyance of pvp lag which still blatantly exists. The biggest reason for me is the camera, which single-handedly caused more deaths for me in 80 hours of play than anything else in the game.

Finally,
    Infinity Wars - Animated Card Game --- 7/10

A very fun card game where both people take their turn simultaneously allowing you to dodge abilities and use surprise tactics in a card game. The abilities are fun and generally reasonably, as well as few cards falling under the "completely worthless" category. The biggest issues have been color/class imbalances, such as Verore (Black from MTG) not only having some of the best creatures, but having the most and the best removal and control cards in the game. The other big issue is the cash shop being priced just slightly under real card price. $4 for 15 cards is quite steep, even with their in game currency easing this by letting you get points to buy things for free, it takes about 20 straight pvp game wins for one pack, though if we go by the average 50% win rate (which doesn't happen often because many people buy packs due to how much easier it is, leaving you with a generally inferior deck) you look at about 30+ games for cards that may or may not help you. For one of their pre-made decks that have some useful cards in it, you look at over 120 games.

While this might make the game sound un-enjoyable, there is one saving grace to this game that has brought me tons of enjoyment out of it. They have a game mode called a Rift Run, which allows you to create your own deck of random cards. It shows 4 cards and you choose one of those 4 to add to your deck and repeat 40 times. To participate you only need about 7 pvp wins worth of currency, and you get most of (under 5 wins) or more than (over 5 wins) the entry fee back at the end of the run. You play only against other random rift run decks, and at the end (3 total losses) you get the opportunity to buy the deck you just built if you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    There are several reasons why the ending is fucked up. The writers wrote themselves into a corner at the end of ME2. How do you beat a race a god-like beings who are superior in every way possible? You cannot reason with the reapers, you cannot beat them on the battlefield, you cannot cut their supplies, you can do nothing. There is absolutley no way to end this story in any satisfying way. You have to make the villains look like idiots or get some deus ex machina out of your ass.

Does this make ME3 the worst game ever? No! It's great, until the ending. I would rate it with a 6 or 7 out of 10. But the ending is a HUGE dissapointment abnd the extended ending fixes nothing.
    The reapers arent immortal. They are beatable, but due to the fact that they were technically far superior, and they had much bigger numbers, the war was so desperate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beyond 2 souls 9.5/10. It only misses out on being a 10 because the majority of the game is arbitraty and often mundane QTE and button pushes. I fully understand why someone would give this game a 4 or 5 if they didn't get absorbed in to the story but as games go this has been my favourite experience since the last of us, and I almost would say I prefered it to that. Such a beautiful game with superb scripting/voice acting and a fantastic story. I'm sad I finished it

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    It loses points because i couldnt romance Jack or Tali as a female Shepard. I had to settle for Garrus, allthough he's cool too.
    IKR? Jack is hetero? As if!

In fact as I recall she even casually mentions being in a three way relationship with a man and a woman for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I am with you here mate. I don't really get all the hate. I played this game first 2-3 days after release, so there was no Extended Cut or something - and yet I liked the ending, I liked the epicness of the choice you are making that will decide the fate of entire Galaxy. I do understand people hating the blue child - seriously, they could've come up with something more epic than this kid. But, still, the ending is quite good and, what's more important, memorable and really strikes at feelings (hell, I was crying when in my Green ending Joker and EDI came out of Normandy on a planet they crushed, holding each other's hands and smiling).
    The ending just feels rushed (even with the "extended ending" fixing the most obvious yawning plot holes) and not a fitting end after all the investment we've developed over three games. And the whole revelation of machine vs organic conflict felt totally out of left field at the last minute.

The ending actually wasn't the only thing that was wrong with ME3 (eg, all of the new characters it introduces are distinctly inferior to the older ones) but it's the one thing that's hardest to forgive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    The extended cut made tons of difference. it patched up a lot of "holes" in ME3 ending, as it stand it's not perfect but acceptable.
    At least I know what happened to the two companions I led in the final charge, Jesus Christ how did they not think of that (though their solution was that the Normandy comes all the way down from space and picks them up then flies all the way back again, which is absurd)? And the more detailed explanation at the Crucible made it less ambiguous and vague.

But it in no way the ending more satisfactory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

With the mid April patch I thought I'd give GW2 another go. I levelled 3 characters to ~40 (Mesmer, Necromancer and Engineer) and can not find any desire to log in to further their progression.
    My server was Piken Square (EU-RP) but with the changes there is no Piken Square or RP anymore, searching for a server centric guild is now an exercise of frustration. There is no homeserver community bar that which exists in WvW.
    Upon reaching 30 I gained access to the new trait system, only to find that I needed to do 50+ content/personal story/dungeons for 30-36 traits, it seems that traits were put into a hat and drawn out at random, see more @ http://thepaletree.net/2014/04/19/tr...nt-a-followup/

While the changes have increased world population they have also turned the game into even more of a mindless train, all bosses are now on a scheduled timer meaning people hop from boss to boss every 15 mins turning each and everyone into a clusterfuck. If you're new, god help you doing enough damage to gain credit.
    Edge of the Mists is good for levelling if you can bear the absurdity of being in a 20+ team of players running from champion to champion for hours on end. Despite being a PvP map the PvP is virtually non-existant bar the occasional train vs train effect clusterfuck.

Previously I would have scored GW2 6/10, with the April 2014 NGE I give it 3.5/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls 2: 9/10

Quite as good as the first, almost perfect. Reasons for deducting 1 point:
    a) most bosses and enemies followed a humanoid archetype of battling, making it not that hard to learn their moves as some of the mobs and bosses of the first game. But still, the game is quite hard, especially with the hp reduction when you die.
    b) too many bonfires, they could cut some of them to punish the player more. But people would cry it would become too punishing.
    c) player hitbox. I'm not the only one who noticed that you get hit sometimes even when your body isn't there where the hit landed.
    d) camera and targeting. After you roll backwards while you have something targeted and cast, rip in pepperonis. Also the camera seems to wanna show your face as much as possible if you get near a wall instead of going up.
    e) if you wanna play this with mouse and keyboard, be ready to use autohotkey and a script to rebind everything (there are some really good configs on the internet).

But all could be forgiven, I had a blast playing it with M+K with the autohotkey fix, and I'm gonna keep playing it after I'm done. Also, love speedrunning (and watching speedruns of) this game.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-04-29 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    The reapers arent immortal. They are beatable, but due to the fact that they were technically far superior, and they had much bigger numbers, the war was so desperate.
    What doesn't make sense is that one single Reaper in Mass Effect 1 almost destroyed the entire Citadel fleet and was killed by the "shock" of death of Saren controlled by it, not by ship weapons. Yet in Mass Effect 3 quite a few Reapers were destroyed even before the fleets united to stand against them, and Shepard killed one of them basically on foot. In Mass Effect 1 Reapers looked as something truly horrible, something with power beyond any comprehension; in Mass Effect 3 they looked just like "technologically superior", but, really, they won just by numbers. After Mass Effect 1&2, I expected that, in case of Reaper invasion, planets would lose in days, with most of the population quickly indoctrinated and made into obedient husks; all the main hubs and planets would be captured in a week. Reapers however took a huge lot of time to even start attacking other planets, and for some reason didn't attack Citadel right away, which would be the most logical choice. They could easily use the Relay to quickly arrive to the Citadel in numbers, just as they did against Protheans, and all communications would be cut and there would be no chance for organics to build any kind of crucible.

I understand that they needed Reapers to be made defeatable in ME3 to make ending "happy" (so to speak). But I think they could've done it better. Anyways, Mass Effect is still fantasy, maybe sci-fi fantasy, but still. If you think too much about plot holes and such, you surely can come up with quite a few, as in any game, basically. I loved the way they delivered the story, and that's enough for me to call ME3 the best RPG ever made, regardless of what some people think about the ending and regardless of how plausible everything in the game looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The ending just feels rushed (even with the "extended ending" fixing the most obvious yawning plot holes) and not a fitting end after all the investment we've developed over three games. And the whole revelation of machine vs organic conflict felt totally out of left field at the last minute.

The ending actually wasn't the only thing that was wrong with ME3 (eg, all of the new characters it introduces are distinctly inferior to the older ones) but it's the one thing that's hardest to forgive.
    I disagree. I think ending in ME3 was very emotional, very unexpected (for me, at least, because I hadn't read all that whine on forums about it before actually encountering it), testing your morals in a very provoking way. I am glad they came up with something more interesting than traditional, "Everyone's won, everyone's happy, now let's go drink some bear". Again, there are certainly some plot holes, but are there any games without them?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i never understood why and how the citadel was move on earth orbit. Did the citadel use a mass relay? that should be quite a sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i never understood why and how the citadel was move on earth orbit. Did the citadel use a mass relay? that should be quite a sight.
    Come on now. Reapers built the Citadel. Do you think they have no means to move it? How exactly they did it is an interesting question, but, I guess, since Citadel itself is a mass relay, perhaps it somehow can "use itself as a relay"?

Dark Souls II 10/10

You just have to play it.

Wildstar 10/10

Deleted
    SMITE. 9/10

God, it's so much fun.

Child of Light. 9/10.

Phenomenal gameplay. Nearly flawless game execution, art direction that is utterly breathtaking.

Holy shit, Ubisoft. When did you find the time to make this masterpiece in a teacup?

Last edited by Fencers; 2014-04-30 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioshock Infinite. 9/10

Complete mindfuck on that ending, especially when I've been up for 25hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    Bioshock Infinite. 9/10

Complete mindfuck on that ending, especially when I've been up for 25hours.
    I thought the ending was what killed the game itself, the idea of having multiverses introduced at the beggining of the game and well having you do to do "that" kills the whole idea of your actions since it's just the current universe you're in that gets "solved".
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Rune Factory 4. 8/10

Addictive time sink with tons to do. Not a style of game for everyone but it has farming, forging/crafting/cooking, dungeon crawling, and a dating sim. Longest of all the rune factory games.

Farmville 2 on the iPad.

Great causal game and better than many of these so called "real" games these days.

It is a cash cow, but a pleasant one. Trading without harrasment, no pressure and simply fun.

Blizzard should copy it. You log in a few times per day to produce and sell stocks to both the system as to real players.

Great great great little game.