Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just as i expected, people came in here to bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Thank you all for the well wishes.

Less than 3% of the US even has the cajones to step up and enlist so that you may sleep well at night. I did my part, don't talk trash unless you have earned the right to.
    Was about to agree with you, but then read the part in bold, and I have to admit that I let out a small guffaw.

Thank you to most of our veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Just as i expected, people came in here to bash.
    Gotta be a cool guy somewhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    you know, as much as iim for the millitary, the OP just gets on my nerves with arrogance.

Happy Veteran's Day to the world. I look forward to my serving in the US Marine Corps. I thank every wonderful person who has taken the risk of giving their life to their country. I thank those who have helped make my future possible, and I will honor them. I will never forget them.

Now, when will this post be closed due to nationalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    It's not really that. It is a celebration of our military victories and the people who helped make it happen.
    lets leave WW2 aside since many fought there. So what exactly did you "Won" in the last Years ? yep not much but salute to your Country for Creating al qaida so you have many more Years for Celebreating this Day

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Thats not what veterans day is for or about.
    Its like shouting Presents! Presents! To celebrate Christmas.
    Highly inappropriate. Since this is about Humans and not commercial goods its even more tasteless. You should be ashamed to smear the American WarVeterans.

U.S. President Woodrow Wilson first proclaimed Armistice Day for November 11, 1919. In proclaiming the holiday, he said

"To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country's service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations."

I can't find the word supperiority there or that it is the celebration of the Military in itself.
    Wrong.

It's actually, my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    lets leave WW2 aside since many fought there. So what exactly did you "Won" in the last Years ? yep not much but salute to your Country for Creating al qaida so you have many more Years for Celebreating this Day
    It's a day to remember our vets, what are we supposed to say " Hey thanks to the WWII vets, but fuck anyone after that who died in service." ?

the day where career soldiers expect to be thanked and to get freebies

Happy Veterans Day to my brothers still serving, have served or gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    And that is the kind of superiority complex that pisses people off.

My well wishes go to those who don't try and make themselves out to be heroes just because they chose one career path over another.
    Emotions are hard to convey over type (unless it's anger), but i did not mean for that to come off as any sort of superiority at all. I'm damn proud of my time in the military and the differences i've made, but i do not look down upon anyone.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlosdanger View Post
    Soldiers never expect to get thanked, nor do they go looking for it. So your perception, is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Was about to agree with you, but then read the part in bold, and I have to admit that I let out a small guffaw.

Thank you to most of our veterans.

Gotta be a cool guy somewhere!
    What is amusing about my statement bud? If you have never made the sacrifice, you don't have the experience to speak about it accurately. Pretty simple in all actuality.

Just my opinion, but that's what forums are for. Feel free to reply if you would like to hash this out.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many ungrateful lowlifes on teh interwebs.

I knew this thread wouldnt even be worth opening. But for what it matters, I thank our military servicemen and women for their service and sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy Veterans' Day to you too, everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlosdanger View Post
    Honestly, I don't want to be thanked for my service (not that my job puts me in any immediate danger anyways.) It's a job. I'm glad to do it, but it's just a job.

But then, I do appreciate the free starbucks I'm drinking right now.
    Putin khuliyo