Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Question STUF Unit frames - Tagged and elite

Hi there mmo-champs

I've been messing around with these unit frames for quite some time now and it's almost as I want it, but there are a few things that's bothering me. I can't figure out how to make the target show that it's tagged and neither can I get it to show wether or not it's elite. Could anyone give me a hint on where to find this?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Tapped:
    Code:
    function(unit)
        if UnitExists(unit) and UnitIsTapped(unit) and not (UnitIsTappedByPlayer(unit) or UnitIsTappedByAllThreatList(unit)) then return "Tapped" end
    end
    Elite:
    Code:
    function(unit)
        if UnitClassification(unit):find("elite") then return "Elite" end
    end

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks alot Now the newb question.. Where should I put this

Deleted
    STUF should have some kind of..lua text option or something? I just looked at the function syntax from some other thread about STUF.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks I'll try it out Could you link the thread? I tried searching and I didn't get any good results

Deleted

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Open up an unused "Text" option in your StUF config for that frame (I'd assume your Target frame - by default, Texts 1-4 and 6 are in use, I believe). Click the "Custom Lua" checkbox that's above the tag entry area. The tag entry area changes to a larger editbox. Paste the code into there, and click the "Accept" button below the editbox.

Without custom lua texts, StUF cannot display information on whether something is tagged or not.

For showing whether or not a mob is elite, if you use the built-in name tag (by default, this is Text1, and is already configured to show name), it'll add a text modifier showing elite/rare/boss status (ie, + for elite, etc). The text modifiers for status can be set on the "Global" configuration page in StUF.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks alot

I tried as you said, but somehow if I make it a grey square, the same size as the health bar, it always shows it.
    And I used the custom lua, exactly as you described.

Regarding the elite part, it doesn't show a + or anything else. Should I enable something in Global? I haven't changed anything in there.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    On the text item, it'll only change the actual Text of the item - can't do a graphic, sadly, afaik. Specifically, the custom lua above writes the word "Elite" in the location for the text item you set up.

Make sure that your name text is using the built-in [name] tag - custom lua for names doesn't work.

The tapped code above doesn't work.
    Last edited by Carbo; 2013-11-13 at 01:33 AM.