Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Don't you think the people who develop WoW are too old?

After you work on something for a really long time you start losing passion and enthusiasm. Not only that, if you're 50+ years old you really just wanna retire and enjoy life.

I'm not saying they slack off at work, but I think WoW could benefit more from young and enthusiastic developers. Maybe this is why LoL is so successful, the people who develop LoL are really young.

Deleted
    They enjoy making that game.
    And its still awsome,
    Awsooooooome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    After you work on something for a really long time you start losing passion and enthusiasm. Not only that, if you're 50+ years old you really just wanna retire and enjoy life.

I'm not saying they slack off at work, but I think WoW could benefit more from young and enthusiastic developers. Maybe this is why LoL is so successful, the people who develop LoL are really young.
    1. Not everyone hates their job and wants to retire as fast as possible.
    2. You would be amazed what being passionate about something can allow you to do.
    3. Playing the game itself less allows them to have a better viewpoint and pick out usefull feedback. Someone who is in love with playing a Death Knight can't possible balance the game the same way a neutral person does (example).
    4. Reason it's risky to get new talent in is because point 3. Less expirience so can't make the right calls.
    5. I'm pretty sure Blizz has more then enough young talent going on, they just aren't in the lead dev team. Over time that young talent will become the "older" group.

Oh hey, another Swagster thread.

OT: nope. Stop venting your hate for the game with excuse after excuse, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Age = experience.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Why hasn't he been banned yet? He posts crap threads like this constantly.

Why don't you whiners just dig a hole in the ground and get it all off your chest in there. Why do you think anyone needs to know your random grumble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Creating fantasy games doesn't have an age limit

10+ Year Old Account

Young people also generalize and assume, both of which you've covered here.

10/10 troll thread.

Swagster style.

ot: No.

Deleted
    Hell, Ion Hazzikostas looks like a guy fresh outta his teens.

Deleted

They're not taking on employees? No? Maybe some of the "old" ones have even retired who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine Blizzard look for experienced, proven developers. Not some random 20 something fresh out of Uni with little to no experience.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 51 years old. I think the player-base is too young.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who have worked for Disney for 40 years still turn out quality entertainment. I am guessing Age and Longevity go a long way to HELPING the product, rather than hindering it.

Imagination does not have an age limit.

"The Lord of The Rings" series was written by Tolkien between his late 40's / early 60's.

"Oh, the Places You'll Go!" was written by Dr. Seuss the year before he died at 86 years old.

This thread is null.
    Last edited by Funky Kong; 2013-11-11 at 09:44 PM.

You should've seen them on stage at Blizzcon, doubt there are many people with more passion for WoW than them.

Deleted
    Swagster, one stupid thread a day. Guaranteed!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    You should've seen them on stage at Blizzcon, doubt there are many people with more passion for WoW than them.
    I've seen Chris Metzen and he definitely did not have any passion. In fact, he looked like he was on drugs...