Why build AD lulu over AP lulu?

There is no point besides her passive and her passive doesn't scale with anything.

Just got out of a game with someone building ad lulu and saying ap lulu does no damage. When her abilities actually scale off ap, but lets be real here. People don't go out & build ap lulu for tryhard. They do it for joke. This guy was for real.

So tell me, am I missing something? Or is this guy just trolling us?

AD generally outscales AP in damage on almost every champion. ADCs are just better at using this advantage because they are ranged and are therefore less likely to get exploded.

In a normal game it is less effective, than in a tournament game, because you bring her for her utility in a tournament (slows, vision/shield, health, speed boost) and she can put out respectable dmg whilst kiting (and in a tournament setting the teams should be organised to take full advantage of this, communication, team composition etc).

Pretty much every build works, I doubt they were trolling you. AP lulu doesn't do much dmg, just because her abilities scale off AP doesn't mean it's good. It's like calling soraka an AP carry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tristana's abilities scale off AP too. She is one of the best late game ADCs in the game.

AD Lulu is actually useful because 1) She is ranged, 2) She has great self peel and survivability, and 3) Her passive deals a lot of damage with AS. AP Lulu just makes you feel like you could be playing a better burst mage.

So do you actually build her like an adc or on-hit or attack speed?

I've seen some people build AD lulu with crazy AS, and dominate in lane, her range and slows are a nightmare for your average top laner

I love AP Off-tank Lulu myself. Rylai's, Zhonya's, Abyssal Scepter... maybe a RoA or Liandry's in there. She's incredibly strong early and can lane bully pretty effectively. While her damage does fall off, her shield continues to get massive and she still has the slow, polymorph and knock up ult. It's sorta like anti-Orianna. The damage is there early while Orianna's isn't. They bring similar utility late game (Lulu's is honestly a little better because two hard CCs)

I've never seen a full out AD Lulu, but I have seen plenty of On-hit AS lulus. Nashor's Tooth, IBG/TF, Statikk Shiv and the like. They do more damage and continue to have the same utility (with a much lesser shield), but they take much longer to get going. Lulu is an early game champion and on-hit/AS Lulu takes far too long to get going to take advantage of her strong early game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    So do you actually build her like an adc or on-hit or attack speed?
    I've built her as an ADC and as more of an AD Bruiserish build. Shiv, FM, then some defensive items.

I've tried both AD and AP Lulu before.

AD just felt a lot stronger, I could down a Zyra at level 1 in 5-6 hits.
    AP felt like the scaling was really bad. Like I should have played someone who just did more damage.

I'm hoping Season 4 makes her even more fun as a support, while keeping the fun as AD when you just want to fool around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've typically seen her has more of an AS on hit sort of thing with Nashors and the lot. I haven't seen one go with a full AD carry build before, but it is certainly possible to do so.

As others said, she has good peel, survivability and cc. All things that traditional ADs tend to not have, or only have small amounts of. She doesn't have any steroids however, so her ability to kite and keep herself alive is a trade off from more damage.

They are both equally as bad, AP lulu isn't a burst or a sustain caster, she is a support with high ratios, which doesn't help nearly as much as a solid mid laner, AD lulu is novelty, and would get dominated by most normal AD's.