GPU: XFX 6850 1GB
    RAM: 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
    SSD: Vertex 3 120GB
    HDD1: Seagate 3TB
    HDD2: Seagate 1TB
    Sound: Sound Blaster Zx
    PSU: Corsair Gold AX650
    Case: Antec P280
    Case Fans: 2 x Cougar Vortex 120mm (planning on getting two more)
    DVD Drive: Philips
    Monitor 1: 24" Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW
    Monitor 2: Some 19" HP p.o.s.

I think that is everything.

Now, the GPU is need of an upgrade. It is the only piece that came over from my previous build besides the 1TB HD and Dell monitor. I haven't been in a real rush as it has met my needs so far. This is going to change though. I'm currently looking at either 2x 770s, one 780 or one 780 ti.

I am also wanting to get two more monitors to go with my current Dell. I've been VERY happy with this Dell monitor, so I'm wanting to go with them again. I've had it since 2006, back when I got it on sale for $800, yikes! Best investment I've made with computers.

Anyways, I've decided on getting two 24" U2412Ms
    These should go very nice with the one I've got. Especially since they are 1920x1200 which is a must.

This is my dilemma. I can only get one or the other right now. The monitors or the GPU/s. Kind of in a chicken or the egg moment. A new GPU won't do much good till I'm playing on 3 monitors. I can't game on the 3 monitors till I get a new GPU.

I'm leaning more towards the monitors right now. I can just keep gaming on one while still enjoying the extra desktop space. Another thought is to wait till Thanksgiving and get the first one that goes on sale. Getting the GPU first has its advantage too. When I save up enough money again to get the monitors, there may be some nice 24" 1920x1200 monitors out with gsync. Might be a long while till they have monitors at that size and resolution with gsync though, if ever.

Also, two 770s are attractive, but I think I would need to get a new PSU, which would make the 780 ti a cheaper solution. That is why I listed everything, to see if you think two 770s would be too much, if I went that route.

What would you do?

Anandtech shows a i7-3930K @4.3 Ghz + 770 SLI system pulling 495W at the wall. Factoring in 90% PSU efficiency, the DC draw will be ~450W. GPU overclocking will increase the DC load by at most 50W per card (usually less than that on Nvidia 600 and 700 series). Therefore, your high quality AX650 should be sufficient for 770 SLI.

Deleted
    Wait until Black Friday at this point - and if you're close to your local Microcenter (I think there's one in Minnesota) then take a walk down there. But yes, theoretically an AX650 should be able to cope with SLI 770s, though I'd be leery of it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Anandtech shows a i7-3930K @4.3 Ghz + 770 SLI system pulling 495W at the wall. Factoring in 90% PSU efficiency, the DC draw will be ~450W. GPU overclocking will increase the DC load by at most 50W per card (usually less than that on Nvidia 600 and 700 series). Therefore, your high quality AX650 should be sufficient for 770 SLI.
    Thanks. I was worried for a bit. When I picked the PSU I was hoping it would be enough for SLI in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Wait until Black Friday at this point - and if you're close to your local Microcenter (I think there's one in Minnesota) then take a walk down there. But yes, theoretically an AX650 should be able to cope with SLI 770s, though I'd be leery of it.
    Yeah, I got my CPU and MB there. Crazy good deal. I'll check them out.

Any opinions on which to try and do first (monitor or gpu), assuming no good deals show up?

Deleted
    GPU first, but it's not a cast-iron thing.