Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    What makes people straight, my first guess is because it's genetic. why is it genetic? Because living creatures are meant to reproduce.
    I myself don't see where being gay fits into any of that.
    Can you describe the genes responsible for your heterosexuality? Or in your own words are you shouting it's genetic while you don't know that it is genetic.

I don't know:

I don't know it just seems stupid to me.

Just because you have the potential to reproduce doesn't mean that you will.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Asking what causes heterosexuality is the most retarded question. If it wasn't there, you wouldn't be able to ask it. Ask your parents what caused them to make you.

If homosexuality is biological, it just proves that there isn't anything like pure homosexuality, BECAUSE there are homosexual people still procreating - otherwise they wouldn't live.
    You are seriously misunderstanding being straight with having sex with a member of the opposite sex. Not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    To me gay man and gay woman are nothing else than a humans with a wrong set of genes.
    When they look for partner, man for example has woman hormones and the other way araund for woman.
    So they are nothing else than a genetic mutation problem...that lucky always fails, because the pairs like this cant have kids (no adopted kids or buyeable sperm doesnt count).
    Are you a religious nut?

Deleted
    At least three answers seem possible. The first, the answer of tradition, is as follows: homosexual behavior is a bad habit that people fall into because they are sexually permissive and experimental. This view holds rat homosexuals choose their lifestyle as the result of self-indulgence and an unwillingness to play by society rules. The second position is held by a number of psychoanalysts (e.g., Bieber, Socarides). According to them, homosexual behavior is a mental illness, symptomatic of arrested development. They believe that homosexuals have unnatural or perverse desires as a consequence of poor familial relations in childhood or some other trauma. The third view is "biological" and holds that such desires are genetic or hormonal in origin, and that there is no choice involved and no "childhood trauma" necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes people straight, my first guess is because it's genetic. why is it genetic? Because living creatures are meant to reproduce.
    I myself don't see where being gay fits into any of that.
    Living creatures are meant to reproduce, to keep the species alive.
    But in ALL species Mother nature filters out. Because in most species not every creature of that species reproduces, or can reproduce.
    This is most obvious in us humans. There's a whole army of people who have zero desire to reproduce. They do not want children.
    But they fuck their brains out, and therefore following that genetic instinct to reproduce? That may not be the case. We've progressed. We are the intellectual master race on this planet. We are capable to beat nature itself. We can have sex every day, all day, basically without the risk of reproduction. We know we can have sex for that one reason alone, Sex!
    And then we have people who have no motivation for Sex whatsoever.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And yet homosexuality has been here since day one, just like heterosexuality. Don't use the "it's not natural" crap. Animals are often homosexual.
    Releasing sexual frustration or participating in a homosexual act doesen't mean that you're gay.
    If a dog humps your leg does it mean he's into your leg romantically or anything more than scratching that itch?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Living creatures are meant to reproduce, to keep the species alive.
    But in ALL species Mother nature filters out. Because in most species not every creature of that species reproduces, or can reproduce.
    This is most obvious in us humans. There's a whole army of people who have zero desire to reproduce. They do not want children.
    But they fuck their brains out, and therefore following that genetic instinct to reproduce? That may not be the case. We've progressed. We are the intellectual master race on this planet. We are capable to beat nature itself. We can have sex every day, all day, basically without the risk of reproduction. We know we can have sex for that one reason alone, Sex!
    And then we have people who have no motivation for Sex whatsoever.
    But why don't they want children? Do animals not want children, if so what are the reasons?
    Humans simply don't want children because of the of the effort it takes to raise them it also doesen't always fit in the way of living of many people.
    As far as i know i don't see this happening in any other animal type. Which makes me think living creatures are meant to reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Are you a religious nut?
    If you want anyone to take you even half seriously, stop attacking people and getting rude.
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2013-11-12 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    What causes heterosexuality?
    The world is shades of colour, no-one is 100% A or 100% B - homosexuality and heterosexuality are just labels for two ends of one of the large number of spectrums human beings find themselves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    To me gay man and gay woman are nothing else than a humans with a wrong set of genes.
    When they look for partner, man for example has woman hormones and the other way araund for woman.
    So they are nothing else than a genetic mutation problem...that lucky always fails, because the pairs like this cant have kids (no adopted kids or buyeable sperm doesnt count).
    Going to ignore everything wrong in this and focus on what is right.

Indeed the most logical thing i've seen/thought of/talked about for different sexualities is the scientific proof that humans are hardwired to have certain reactions to outside stimili. a Heterosexual male is stimulated (more often than not) by the shape of a female's bottom, or chest. A heterosexual female is stimulated by the sight of a male chest or gonads. A Bisexual Male might have either or all of these. A Homosexual male's body is wired to be stimulated by the sight of a male chest or gonad. ect. It is simple genetics as well as the science of how our bodies react to stimuli.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    "Maybe not, but when people shout " It's genetic" While no one even knows... I don't know it just seems stupid to me."

Its not stupid to make a reasonable assumption based off observation. Thats how hypothesis's work. which leads to theories. Most scientific things out there are not fact, they are theories. There is no proof, but there is alot of evidence. Either way it could be no more 'stupid" than assuming its not genetic. Except in a modern society in which all signs point to it being genetic.

bad comment, as neither of those 3 things are detrimental to the continuation of the species. And frankly i'm confused. Most religions cause you to breed more, while there being gay people means less breeders. So are you saying that they detriment the species by causing to many or to little reproduction?
    1.Most religons lead to wars with other religions and restricts inbreeding with other religions, 2. monogamy restricts the number of varied offspring you can have, any other monogamous species on this planet isn't very numerous 3. there was only 2 and the last comment was a joke, more likely to be worker drones in overpopulation situation than a signal of the end

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Releasing sexual frustration or participating in a homosexual act doesen't mean that you're gay.
    If a dog humps your leg does it mean he's into your leg romantically or anything more than scratching that itch?
    I wasn't talking about the sexual aspect. Look up Bruce Bagemihl, his reasearch shows that homosexual behavior, not necessarily sex, has been observed in about 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Boosta View Post
    At least three answers seem possible. The first, the answer of tradition, is as follows: homosexual behavior is a bad habit that people fall into because they are sexually permissive and experimental. This view holds rat homosexuals choose their lifestyle as the result of self-indulgence and an unwillingness to play by society rules. The second position is held by a number of psychoanalysts (e.g., Bieber, Socarides). According to them, homosexual behavior is a mental illness, symptomatic of arrested development. They believe that homosexuals have unnatural or perverse desires as a consequence of poor familial relations in childhood or some other trauma. The third view is "biological" and holds that such desires are genetic or hormonal in origin, and that there is no choice involved and no "childhood trauma" necessary.
    And the first two where disproved long ago. ergo...

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're born gay. I saw a documentary about it a long time ago and cant remember much, but I remember they were studying if it was environment or if you were born that way and yes its genes aka born.

Can't we all just be friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    As some people pointed out ordinarily this kind of thread is just closed as it's a forbidden topic but the starting of the thread was very civil and a pleasant discussion so we decided to keep it open for a bit.
    But now a few posts are getting heated and the discussion getting more tense so it's better to close it before people start earning infractions.

Closed