Deleted

Hacked...and still waiting 15 hours on.

Had a lovely surprise this morning, first time I've been hacked since this game started, shesh!

Got an authenticator (physical one)...etc etc, usual protection stuff (ye ye I never share info, with anyone), but, it would appear the bugger has gone and changed the email designation on my account.

So here I am 15 hours later waiting on bliz to say hello. I can only imagine the damage this bugger is doing, this is a very very mature account.

What I cant help thinking, considering the level of automation in their "help" service, is that their going to ignore the fact that my email was changed, and so and send the info to the hacker.

Not pleasant this, I wonder if ill have any hair left at the end, considering how much of it im pulling out.

Anyone got any useful info on this? Anything that might help at all?

When I got hacked I rung up the Blizzard office helpline, much easier to speak to a real person rather than wait days for a response via email.

Details available on their website

How the hell did you get hacked with authenticator on?

And don't tell me it's that "monkey in the middle - less likely than being struck by lightning" hacking method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch. When I was hacked they didn't change my e-mail, just my password. I was back in control of my account within 6 hours I would say, and my stuff was returned to me within a few after that. I was enraged, I know how you feel. Hang in their mate, Blizz will fix you right up, and if you are lucky give you some extra's. A lot of what was sold/stolen from me was replaced twice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    How the hell did you get hacked with authenticator on?

Good question...now I'm worried! lol

Deleted
    They can use some loophole with the mobile security function if it is left blank, and then can use it to remove you authenticator and confirm any of their actions by putting their own number in it, they do need to get into you associated mail to do so, so changed the password on that asap.

Deleted
    Well, I have the authenticator set so I DONT have to use it every time I log in, whats that...once a week? Cant help thinking that would , or at least SHOULD automatically reset on any account information change. Cannot say for certain.

Funny thing though, levelling my hordies just....because, joined a random guild, etc etc.

Some fella started going on about being poor...quite funny really, so I was nice and bunged him 1k in the post.
    Then he got kinda weird..went on about going out to buy crack with it *shrugs*

Call me jaded, but...very non typical societal response there, methinks this bugger is the culprit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakenar View Post
    Well, I have the authenticator set so I DONT have to use it every time I log in, whats that...once a week? Cant help thinking that would , or at least SHOULD automatically reset on any account information change. Cannot say for certain.

Funny thing though, levelling my hordies just....because, joined a random guild, etc etc.

Some fella started going on about being poor...quite funny really, so I was nice and bunged him 1k in the post.
    Then he got kinda weird..went on about going out to buy crack with it *shrugs*

Call me jaded, but...very non typical societal response there, methinks this bugger is the culprit.
    you're prompted for you password if your location or ip change, just a little bit more than pure randomness, also if you authenticator isn't within 5m of your pc I find too. (last one might just be blizz troll code)

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a bored troll....

Your email account would need to be compromised to pull off what you describe. You should probably check that first.
    Otherwise they can initiate a password reset but if you have an authenticator connected to the account they will be unable to reset it.

Everything stops at the authenticator.