Bioshock Infinite Burial At Sea discussion [Spoilers]

So I just beat the DLC and am confused about the ending. Is the timeline BAS takes place a timeline where Booker never went to Columbia in the first place, and Comstock just eventually left Columbia to start a new regular life in Rapture? Also what was the deal with the doll's head getting cut off instead of Elizabeths finger?

I agree the ending confused the hell out of me as well.

As far as i understood, in (this universe?) a baby girl's head was cut off during "trade" rather than her little finger, causing her to obviously die, and that universe's booker keeps a doll head as a reminder (in addition to the tattoo). In this case, the Elizabeth is not from the same universe (because she is, quite obviously, alive) - not only that, but she also references being from somewhere else (possibly B:I elizabeth?).

We also see the Booker having been Comstock previously. Or is he just remembering the life of another booker? Im not sure.

What confuses me most is this: Let us assume that you are right - Booker was comstock, was never killed, eventually guilt took him over and he left, and became Booker again to try and forget everything. Why is Elizabeth (and the twins) chasing him to take revenge? I mean, there must be infinite number of Comstocks, why this particular one? What's so special about him? And why not just remind him right away instead of setting him on this huge wild goosechase...

I understand (i think?) what the ending was trying to do, but im still confused as hell as to what actually happened

EDIT: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...isode-1-ending
    Okay. I think i understand now. A shame that i had to read an explanation to actually grasp it
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2013-11-12 at 10:21 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    Anyone else stuck at the part where you just got the Electric plasmid? I'm inbetween those two doors. The second door keeps rotating.
    Here is a picture of the place.
    That's the door that keeps spinning. I can't get out because the other door which I went through is shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    Anyone else stuck at the part where you just got the Electric plasmid? I'm inbetween those two doors. The second door keeps rotating.
    That's the door that keeps spinning. I can't get out because the other door which I went through is shut.
    The doors are a symbolised loading screen. if yours keeps rotating, my guess would be data corruption or something similar, since it keeps loading on and on. Try repairing it (or reinstalling if nothing helps). You can also try waiting for some time (10min ish) to see if it "fixes" itself
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    There's alot of posts on the Steam and 2k forums about that glitch. I didn't, but others are experiencing it. Now sure what the solution is.

Here's the forum though.

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...Burial-at-Sea&
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-11-12 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    There's alot of posts on the Steam forums about that glitch. I didn't, but others are experiencing it. Now sure what the solution is.
    Im glad mine went smooth.
    My gpu drivers fried halfway through and i had to completely flush old ones and reinstall new ones (which is in no way related to B:I), but other than that, i had no issues with the game.

But like i said, rotating doors are loading screens (im saying that with roughly 80% probability, based on their locations and the fact that the same doors seem to rotate different amount of time every time you use them). If so, data corruption is best guess
    We dream, we dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't expecting the ending yet again >.< Kinda feel bad that shes slowly turning evil Just imagine the elizabeth at the start of infinite wanting to go to paris and getting distracted by shiny objects.. Now we have an elizabeth that enjoys burning children alive >.<

Although i have to say i have missed rapture nice to see it before it collapsed as well..hope we can witness the collapse more in the next episode :P

The only problem was that it was very short but it can be expected with only being a dlc

I wouldn't want to be dewiite in any reality if elizabeth is hell bent on erasing him from history :S

It wasnt that short, i watched a guy play it through in 3 hours.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

It took me 4 hours, so I was pleasantly surprised after hearing so many people saying it was only 2 hours long. I'm totally OCD though and scour levels to see and find everything. According the the achievements I still managed to miss a few things though!

The ending took me by surprise though and I can't wait to see what happens in the final episode!

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me 2 hours to find everything and get thru it. This DLC was pretty lackluster and not really a MF to begin with. We already knew that Elizabeth was going to kill all the Booker/Comstocks. The Twins are just observers. Also, its pretty obvious that the "little sisters" are probably all the girls that Booker/Comstock has tried to kidnap/whatever.

Pretty disappointed to be honest.
    Last edited by dyzz; 2013-11-15 at 06:54 PM.

Sorry if I am necroing this thread, but I didn't want to make a new one.

I just finished the original (yep I am slow), and am blown away with them feels. Is this worth buying asap? Or should I give the original another playthrough first?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "