Feral questions.

Hello there, I am playing some PVE after a break, I went yesterday to SoO as a filler to help my friend.
    I am a feral druid, ilvl 521, engeneering + jc. I wanted to ask some questions:

1) My dps was 101 ~ 115k, depending on the fights. Is this any decent?

2) I was playing with soul of the forest + DoC, but I find it hard to get some things sometimes, I use the procs to renew rake/thrash always, but I feel this isn't the best. I am REALLY rusty and caught myself a lot of times renewing bleeds of 8s+ remaining. I am thinking of changing to Treants + HotW, would it be much worst?

3) Yesterday I got the 2 pc bonus of the last tier, should it change my rotation? In pvp I use the OoC procs to apply thrash, since it costs a lot of energy. Should I, now, use shreds instead?

4) I have the legendary weapon gem, is it worth to pug ToT after a weapon? My current weapon is the on that drops from LFR 2/2 Immersus.

5) Any advice on the timeless isle gear? I have one burden of eternity and 35k timeless coins. My plan was using the burden to upgrade my belt or bracer and buy the trinket (which appears as a really good item on maxdps).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2013-11-13 at 04:46 PM.

Post an armory link so people can take a look at your gear.

1. There's always room for improvement, however your DPS seems fine, Feral is extremely gear reliant (weapon / general agi gear), and if you're not 100% comfortable with the content or your rotation, you're going to lose a bit of DPS naturally.

2. From what I understand HoTW is a small DPS loss compared to DoC. I'm not up to scratch on treants, maybe someone else can answer that part of your question. If you're struggling with DoC and not using it optimally, you could potentially find HoTW to be a DPS increase.

3. T14 or T15 2pc bonus? I'm confused.

4. ToT weapons can't have legendary gems socketed in them. The Heroic Horridon staff (2/2) will be an upgrade over your LFR weapon, so there is that option if you want to try and pug it.

5. nfi :\
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

If you can keep track of trinket procs etc. treants are a bit better than SotF, especially if you have a lot of mastery and nice trinket procs. The same can be said about HotW vs DoC. DoC becomes a lot easier with more gear = higher CP generation.

You should keep using OoC for thrash as long as it's not affecting your rip and rake uptimes. It's still a lot stronger than a 2p-buffed shred.

1) Depends how you define decent, I guess. Depending on your weapon/trinkets and how well itemized your gear is it's possibly to push near 200k at that item level. Of course if your gear is extraordinarily shitty for the item level I could see maybe only being able to get 165k out of it. That's all with full consumables and buffs and such.

You're not at a bad starting point but you definitely have a lot of room for improvement.

2) I would recommend sticking with SotF DoC. You could try HotW but I definitely wouldn't suggest trying Treants, you have to use them correctly for them to be better than SotF and if you sit on charges it's going to go to waste. But really, Dream of Cenarius should at least match HotW in performance even if you're executing it pretty poorly, as long as you do a somewhat reasonable job of using PS procs and not completely wasting the damage buffs (eg using it all on shreds and mangles or overwriting bleeds just for the sake of doing so and ending up with a weaker one).

And there's nothing wrong with clipping bleeds when they have 8s+ left, in fact I can tell you that if a player is NOT doing this fairly often then I can be 100% certain they are not playing optimally, or even near optimally. Bleed clipping is a very pivotal part of our DPS, at least once you have some trinkets with meaningful procs (if you're stuck with some haste proc trinket or procless trinket then it's a bit of a different story).

3) Don't really need to change anything.

4) No, not unless you're planning on trying to get a Heroic TF one which I assume you're not.

5) MaxDPS probably isn't accurate at all, you'd probably be better off using AskMrRobot if you want to see how much of an upgrade something is without simming it, although ultimately simming it will always be the best way.

Trinket is a good pick, then just replace whatever is the lowest item level, preferring slots with large stat budgets and where you're not dropping a ton of sockets.

Quick tips for improving: Get a way to track bleed ratios (how strong your current bleeds are vs ones that you could apply) and clip anytime you can apply one that's 15% better.

If you're not averse to it, downloading Ovale Spell Priority and Nerien's Ovale Scripts and using the Leafkiller script will help you get a hang of things tremendously. You can drop it when you think you have a hang of things if you prefer.

There's also things like bleed uptimes and gearing that I have no clue if you're doing correctly because you didn't post an armory or a log.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-11-14 at 08:48 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer