Thread: BoA items

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BoA items

I'm seeing so much posts about new BoA items.

Actually I don't like it, it will make a like sad when I drop something cool, but I can't give it to my friend, or try to trade to another item.

I have seen some proposal,

Something like:

BoT (Bind on trade), After you trade an item it becomes bind on account.
    BoC (Bind on Clan), You only can trade this item in your clan.
    BoE (Bind on Equip), After you equip an item it becomes bind on account.
    BoA after 2 hour, the item will become bind on account after two hour, then you must trade it right after you drop the item.

What else do you think, and what do you think about BoA or any other possibility ?

I actually prefer BoT, I really like this option.
    I think it will be a good choise for item sink.

Deleted
    Do you have a source that states there will be drops that are automatically bound? I know items you re-enchant will bind to you, but that's your own choice, so there shouldn't be any complaints about that.

With the removal of the AHs, I highly doubt there'll be a lot of automatically bound drops. But, like I said, sources for that? Couldn't find any info myself, but then again, the interwebz are inundated with D3 data right now. Can't find shit.

Set and legendary items will be bound.

Which is yet another sign that blizzard has totally lost it. Removing the AH also stinks big time. I dont even know if i'll bother to buy RoS at this point.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Wait what really? Wow that's fucking weak

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't need any item sink any more.

In D2 you just vendored all the items but really rare ones. Without AH most people won't trade with other players at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Set and legendary items will be bound.
    Please give me source of this.

What we know for sure:
    - items will bind if you xmog them
    - items will bind if you reforge them
    - some items will be account bound like some crafting reagents and the nephalem things to open the rifts (like infernal machines and its components)

I'm not sad to see more account bound items - it will make people play the game, so i will be able to see how many self claimed "professionals" are actually guys who bought uber gear and steamrolled through monsters.

I'm all pro for self geared chars and farming.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Please give me source of this.

What we know for sure:
    - items will bind if you xmog them
    - items will bind if you reforge them
    - some items will be account bound like some crafting reagents and the nephalem things to open the rifts (like infernal machines and its components)

I'm not sad to see more account bound items - it will make people play the game, so i will be able to see how many self claimed "professionals" are actually guys who bought uber gear and steamrolled through monsters.

I'm all pro for self geared chars and farming.
    Oh please, know that site called diablofans.com ? It has all the sources there.

Check this thread : http://www.diablofans.com/topic/1056...ing-soulbound/

Anyway, while I can understand that some people like the selffound play style, it's also very clear that many others dont like it. The only difference is that with RoS we will be more or less forced to play selffound, while till now you were able to choose how you want to play. I am all for improving drop rates for people who want to play selffound, but forcing everybody else into it with removing the AH and making most interesting items soulbound is just a terrible move. I have been a diablo fan since 1999 but I really dont think that I will buy RoS if they dont change the direction they are forcing the players. Or at least make the game more open so that you can chose your direction yourself.

Blizz really lost it.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I think its great that legendaries and set items will be BoA.

And good riddance to the AH.

Deleted
    Well, this is clearly just an idea they're having in the alpha stages of the expansion. I doubt there's anyone here who actually thinks everything they come up with will make it to the final product. Not only are they not able to ship with all they've promised, but a with "threat" such as this, with the immense backlash it's causing, they're going to change it pretty soon.

All legendaries and set items aren't going to be bound and untradeable. That's never going through. Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Oh please, know that site called diablofans.com ? It has all the sources there.

Check this thread : http://www.diablofans.com/topic/1056...ing-soulbound/

Anyway, while I can understand that some people like the selffound play style, it's also very clear that many others dont like it. The only difference is that with RoS we will be more or less forced to play selffound, while till now you were able to choose how you want to play. I am all for improving drop rates for people who want to play selffound, but forcing everybody else into it with removing the AH and making most interesting items soulbound is just a terrible move. I have been a diablo fan since 1999 but I really dont think that I will buy RoS if they dont change the direction they are forcing the players. Or at least make the game more open so that you can chose your direction yourself.

Blizz really lost it.
    Thanks for the source.

Well, i cannot say i'm not happy with this. Also, pleople who don't want to farm can simply wait some times then login in and buy from people great gear to farm. You won't have access to best items directly, but that's simply the core of the game. If they decide to change this, well, again no problem. Just let players farm some legendaries, let trades start and buy everything you need.

The real error was puttin the AH in first place, now people is used to it and expects the game to continue that way. Simply put, you cannot let trades being more efficient than playing the game.

EDIT: also that thread, full of people that basically made the AH their game, which is clearly wrong. A game shouldn't be directed by trades ever (apart a trade tycoon game ofc).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Trading will always be more efficient than farming. They realised that no matter how much they play around with drop rates and smart drops, trading will still always be more efficient. It's just in the nature of such games.

I have no problem with that, Others dont like it.

What i DO have a problem with is taking away all the choices.

As I said, in the version we have now, you can choose not to trade and not to use the AH. You can play the game you want. In RoS, I can NOT play the game I want.

Buuuuh for taking away choices...
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the idea of set and leg's being BoA is awesome.

That way you can get trade for a decent set, but the BEST things, the ones you'll be keeping for a long time you HAVE to find. Add in that Bounties etc have higher chance of dropping legs and loot 2.0 drastically increased the chance of them dropping in Normal mode and I really think they're going in the right direction.

You can either have increased drop rate on leg's OR have them tradable, but doing both will flood the market. As this is a game about going out, killing stuff and getting loot, NOT a game about playing the AH and trading, I think they made the right choice.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I think the idea of set and leg's being BoA is awesome.

That way you can get trade for a decent set, but the BEST things, the ones you'll be keeping for a long time you HAVE to find. Add in that Bounties etc have higher chance of dropping legs and loot 2.0 drastically increased the chance of them dropping in Normal mode and I really think they're going in the right direction.

You can either have increased drop rate on leg's OR have them tradable, but doing both will flood the market. As this is a game about going out, killing stuff and getting loot, NOT a game about playing the AH and trading, I think they made the right choice.
    I very much agree. By making set and legendary items BoA they are actually promoting playing and getting loot yourself, which is the core philosophy of the game.
    You can still trade very nice blue and yellow items though, but those awesome items have be found yourself. And with loot 2.0 and higher chance of legendaries you WILL (eventually) find them yourself.

Also, due to legendary build-changers you might just alter your playstyle based on a fun item you find. This idea would be undermined by trading, because then you would always go for the best in slot item.

If they do not allow trading legendaries to friends outside the 2 hour party, that's a major let down to me.

I have around 5-6 players that i play with and most at different times.Some people do not log on for a couple of days and the thought of having found a great item and not simply being able to give it to a friend simple sucks.

They need to add some form off free trade to permanent people on your friends list.

I am really happy that the auction house is going and i understand that boa items will really help vs bots and jsp sites etc, which i am all in favor off.

As for the selffound mode i am slightly worried.Its wonderful to find you own items, i am doing that in Grim dawn at the moment and it really brings back that great feeling of Diablo2 to me but at the same time i don't want to see an overflow of legendaries that cheapens the feel.

If i start finding 20/30 legendaries an hour in Diablo3 it might be great in the short run but what happens a few months down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    If i start finding 20/30 legendaries an hour in Diablo3 it might be great in the short run but what happens a few months down the line.
    They've increased the drop rate... but not THAT much .

I seem to recall the numbers being ~15 legendaries dropping in an Act 2 playthrough. Althought I'm guessing they did a bunch of runs and this was just the average of the drops within the 2nd act.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man I haven't visted you guys in awhile have I? Anyway fuck this shit I like trading been doing that since D2 PoE the fuckever any trade base game really. I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to play it probably stick to shitty PoE or something

Who knows.

In short they fucking forced you to do self found mode LOL the fuck is that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play by myself. I love the idea of finding my own upgrades. I hate the trade system in games like Diablo 2, and prefer a more balanced way to install an auction house.

I think this is the dumbest thing they have done to the game thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I play by myself.
    I love the idea of finding my own upgrades.
    I prefer a more balanced way to install an auction house.
    You don't make any sense...

Using AH is neither playing by yourself nor finding your own upgrades.

I like this idea and ppl still will be trading items, now yellow ones, gems, crafting materials. Blizz has made tons of money thanks to RMAH and they are done with it, they know that it is better to make the game fitting the audience that is left and will play D3 fromt time to time. I bet that 90% of RMAH real money gear buyers are not playing anymore and won't be, especially those who have spent alot on their gear, just to hear it's gonna be ueseless when expansion is released. This game has no point, no meaning besides finding loot. And trading kills finding loot, trading makes you play less, because you've bought what you've been looking for.

But the truth is:

We all want our characters to feel unique, and making legendaries soulbound on pick up proliferates this. If legendaries are used to open up new builds, then when you are using that new build because you actually found that legendary then in a way that build becomes inherently unique to your character. Your friends can't just trade for the item and use that build within the hour. If they want that build they have to put in the work and find that item themselves.

Think about set items as well. When you see someone with all the parts of Tal Rasha or Immortal Kings you know that person actually FOUND all of those set pieces making the set bonuses that much more impressive. They didn't just trade for them all with ease. It actually has inherent meaning to own them all.

Think of how much more rewarding finding a legendary will feel when you factor in all these things.

Let's not forget how soulbound legendaries will negatively affect duping, botting, scamming, and pay to win. Totally worth it.
    And I 100% agree.

Waiting for RoS, gonna buy it and play for a month, then stop playing. ~40h of fun for the price of the expansion? Worth it.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-11-17 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xdoom View Post
    As long as they introduce ladders and reset them every 5-6 months this will be a very good change without ladders we are going have people with like paragon 700 in like 4 months
    They won't even reach level 150 in 4 month.
    They'll never reach level 200.
    Reaching lvl700 will take them more time than passed since the creation of the universe. Universes. Billions of universes.

Blizzard will have to significantly nerf their paragon exp formula, otherwise even the most dedicated players won't see anything after 120-130 paragon.
    Or maybe it was actually the plan, who knows... "We are not limiting paragon levels because there is no reason to, they will never reach even lvl150."
    Last edited by Fiana; 2013-11-17 at 05:26 PM.