Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Xeek is correct. Using BS on Paragons is a Single target dps increase. For optimal single target usage, you'll use BS in the exact same fashion you would use DR, you use it right after your CS window, and then you use the full duration of it, it's not worth cancelling it to use some other ability.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripscar View Post
    I disagree. From what I have read (I'm no theorycrafter), you should NOT be using Bladestorm (BS) after a Collossus Smash (CS) or to be more exact, BS should NOT be used in the CS debuff window.
    You answered your own question, Xeek meant that you should use BS after CS debuff fades away.

Deleted
    yeah ofc i meant after cs buff faded, my english is bad sorry

Quote Originally Posted by xeek87 View Post
    fury on everything
    #fuckarms
    This man knows!

I don't know why the heck people hate to play an awesome spec with giant 2 handers.

As for the topic, i would only go arms maybe for Galakras only, or even then i would go fury so i can do decent aoe with bladestorm and max single target when galakras descend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    You answered your own question, Xeek meant that you should use BS after CS debuff fades away.
    Thanks all for the confirmation. I stand corrected.

Why do people keep posting whether they are using Storm bolt or Bladestorm? Wouldn't the relevant question be whether you are using Dragon Roar or Bladestorm, as those two share a tier, not SB and BS?

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. From what I have read (I'm no theorycrafter), you should NOT be using Bladestorm (BS) after a Collossus Smash (CS) or to be more exact, BS should NOT be used in the CS debuff window. The CS debuff window should be saved for Raging Blow (RB) (and if specced into it, Storm Bolt (SB)). You also state that Dragon's Roar (DR) does less damage than BS because of the dimishing return mechanic. This may well be true for the actual attack but while BS is running you are not using or hitting the focussed target with any other abilities. Therefore, in my opinion, using BS on Paragons is a DPS loss in respect of doing damage to the focussed target only, but a DPS gain if you want to pad meters.

Maybe our friend, Darkfriend can clarify?
    You don't use BS during CS. You use it after, preferably right after a BT crit (or using Berserker rage to keep enraged).

As for DR v BS, on Paragons if there are 2 targets together BS will do more effective and actual damage, due to AoE DR that exist on DR. Same applies to IJ w/ the mines. If you are hitting mines, they are immune to DR damage but they still reduce damage done to IJ.

And I play Fury on everything now, since I got top 10 ranks on all the arms fights and I play Prot for dark shamans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    And I play Fury on everything now, since I got top 10 ranks on all the arms fights and I play Prot for dark shamans.
    Do you play Prot on Dark Shamans as one of the main tanks or as a third tank? I'm sure I read somewhere that playing as an extra tank was viable. If this is the case, what sort of damage do you do? How do you build vegence to gain attack power? Is it only viable for heroic? Other than extra survivability what other advantages are there? Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you play Prot on Dark Shamans as one of the main tanks or as a third tank? I'm sure I read somewhere that playing as an extra tank was viable. If this is the case, what sort of damage do you do? How do you build vegence to gain attack power? Is it only viable for heroic? Other than extra survivability what other advantages are there? Thanks in advance.
    We just had a healer+1RDPS go w/ Earthcaller Hamface and 2 tanks so that you negate most of the mechanics in the fight. DPS isn't really an issue on that fight. This was heroic.