Deleted

New leveling warrior needs advise

Evening everyone,

I'm totally new to warriors and decided to level one today. I started reading a lot on the raiding aspect, as that's the ultimate goal to replace my current main.

Now from what I gathered so far (basics) is that both fury and arms are viable in raids and should be switched according to the fight ( AoE = arms and single target = fury, if your crit is high enough for the last).

However I wondered if there is a big difference while leveling? Is one superior to the other or are both at the same speed? I guess in the end I'll need to practice both, but wanna get through the lower levels as fast as possible tbh.

Any advice is is more than appreciated

Cheers!

Fury is weaker for leveling due to 1) needing two weapons and 2) weaker individual hits and wonkier hit/expertise and 3) its not as effective rotationally for quickly dying mobs every few seconds.

Really any spec can be leveled as, Fury is will breeze through just as easy as any other spec with some heirlooms. Some people will recommend Prot, to gather up tons of mobs and nuke them down, plus tanks are pretty powerful at earlier levels and a no brainer if you plan to do dungeons.
    Personally I think Arms is the best leveling spec for both speed and comfort if you are out the in the world questing.

Deleted
    Thanks Archimtros. Just confirmed what I was thinking as well so I shall go with arms for now.

I ended up going Arms on my warrior for now. I want to dual-wield my heirloom Arcanite Reapers, but I won't be able to do that until level 38. So I went Arms for now, and when I get Titan's Grip I will switch.

Honestly, dungeon grind through leveling with prot. Like said above, it is a no brainer. Shield slam at level 20 crits for 3k, no joke.

Yeah I started leveling a new pally and really tempted to go prot with him, Avengers Shield is straight overpowered, as most prot abilities are at that level.

I don't like level via dungeons though, so for me its mostly questing. In that regard not much of a difference between prot or arms.

Prot. NOTHING comes even close to tanking specs while leveling, up until lvl 85.

You just 2shot everything questing, and do at least 60% of the Damage Done in dungeons. It's just plain stupid.
    Only class I've seen dealing that much was Elem shaman around lvl 60 and maybe DKs.

I mostly one-shotted my way to 85 with Shield Slam with only the guild heirlooms. Then switched to Arms. Very, very easy to level as a Warrior.

Hi there, i'm planing on leveling Warrior aswell, this thread helped me alot, so i will go Prot till 85 and switch to Arms for the last 5 Levels. But what Heirlooms and Enchant would you recommend? Valor Set? Might Set? A mix of both?!

Doesn't particularly matter tbh. I would suggest Valor. More damage will help you level faster vs more tank stats not really doing much, even if you are doing instances to level.
    Then again, I often level with Might sets just because I like the look more!