Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I am more interested in what OP has to say to Farage.
    I hope it's some words of encouragement as Nigel Farage is probably the only politician I've heard in a while who makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just take it to your local post office and say "I want to send this letter to ___" and they weigh it, then you pay them and then send it out like any other letter (or that's how it happens here in England, not sure if it's the same for you guys over in the US)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I am more interested in what OP has to say to Farage.
    "Dear mister Farage,

I really love England and English culture. And I think you are right in being a racist. But I do not think you should be racist against Slavic people because I like Slavic people. I think.

Much love,
    N. Chambers.

PS: I think you're doing a stellar job defending England against those filthy ragheads."

Quote Originally Posted by Samitsu View Post
    I hope it's some words of encouragement as Nigel Farage is probably the only politician I've heard in a while who makes sense.
    Really? He didn't leave such an impression when he visited my city earlier this year.

A TV host asked him if he is aware that the Farage family are immigrants from France, that Britain made it's money from exploiting it's colonies and that if there was no immigration to Britain their women would still have thick mustaches from inbreeding. He seemed loss for words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH7TEQZR2Rc

Really? He didn't leave such an impression when he visited my city earlier this year.

A TV host asked him if he is aware that the Farage family are immigrants from France, that Britain made it's money from exploiting it's colonies and that if there was no immigration to Britain their women would still have thick mustaches from inbreeding. He seemed loss for words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH7TEQZR2Rc
    Cybran... Are we... Allies? *gasps*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Cybran... Are we... Allies? *gasps*
    Nope, just a common enemy, Cybran bashes everything to do with Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Nope, just a common enemy, Cybran bashes everything to do with Britain.
    Well; you know what they say about the enemy of my enemy.
    Truth be told, Farage is really only a look-alike for our enemy (okay; they don't look alike, but they same the same nonsense).

15+ Year Old Account
    Intel® Pentium® Processor 90 MHz | 8MB RAM | 750MB IDE HDD | 800x600 Colour 15" CRT Monitor | Windows 95

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Well; you know what they say about the enemy of my enemy.
    Truth be told, Farage is really only a look-alike for our enemy (okay; they don't look alike, but they same the same nonsense).
    He really isn't that bad and his goal has been achieved somewhat. It has forced other parties to accept that there are people concerned about these issues. Even if they're only adapting to the programme now to maintain or achieve voters, being a safer option and a more secure vote, it's better than nothing.

UKIP won't win in 2015 and Cameron won't stick to his promise for a referendum, so either way it's probably all been for nought.

I'm leaving soon, so I don't care too much. I just worry about the Britain my family will grow up and grow old in.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    He really isn't that bad and his goal has been achieved somewhat. It has forced other parties to accept that there are people concerned about these issues. Even if they're only adapting to the programme now to maintain or achieve voters, being a safer option and a more secure vote, it's better than nothing.

UKIP won't win in 2015 and Cameron won't stick to his promise for a referendum, so either way it's probably all been for nought.

I'm leaving soon, so I don't care too much. I just worry about the Britain my family will grow up and grow old in.
    Yeah; some people thought that about Wilders.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...if there was no immigration to Britain their women would still have thick mustaches from inbreeding.
    British women have never been noted, or stereotyped, for being hairy. I believe you're mixing them up with some ex-Eastern Bloc countries, e.g. Bulgaria.

Or perhaps France.

However, I do like French women*, and none are noticeably hirsute.

*Apart from the fact that they're French, of course, but that isn't really their fault. I blame the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    British women have never been noted, or stereotyped, for being hairy. I believe you're mixing them up with some ex-Eastern Bloc countries, e.g. Bulgaria.

Or perhaps France.

However, I do like French women*, and none are noticeably hirsute.

*Apart from the fact that they're French, of course, but that isn't really their fault. I blame the parents.
    I think it's more a point about isolation and how that does weird things to the gene-pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    I think he's confessing his undying love for Kalis.
    There will be a movie about it.
    Kalis: The movie.

He is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until England has invaded France.

Starring Christian Bale as Kalis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until England has invaded France. Again.
    If Farage was really against Europeans, he wouldn't pronounce his surname Faraaaage. He'd pronounce it "Faridge". Like "garage".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I thought that was a Schengen Zone thing, not EU, which the UK isn't part of.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the UK is a member of the EU.
    "The European Union's (EU) internal market (sometimes known as the single market, formerly the common market) seeks to guarantee the free movement of goods, capital, services, and people." (Wikipedia)
    Free movement of people --> you can work and live wherever you want within the Union.

They're not part of the Schengen Zone. Schengen just means that there are no border controls within the Zone because it's treated as one big area and only the outer borders have border controls. (Strictly speaking, there are still more or less random vehicle controls, e.g. on known smuggling routes.)
    Last edited by mmoc9a5a6d9750; 2013-11-14 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTheHard6 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the UK is a member of the EU.
    Not for long though. They are going to leave when Farage becomes Prime minister.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for long though. They are going to leave when Farage becomes Prime minister.
    There is more chance of you being genuinely nice about the UK and EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    The misinformation in here in parts is outright hilarious.

From my understanding, the OP wants to send a letter... a plain letter.. From the US...
    The costs for a plain letter, sent via First Class International (the common standard format, and the cheapest):

First-Class Mail® International Letter
    Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
    Max. length 11-1/2", height 6-1/8" or thickness 1/4"

The costs for that is $1.10 at 1 oz weight
    With 2 oz weight its $2.05

And one thing about surface mail/goods. Unless it's freight which is handled completely different. Surface mail (in fact, First Class Mail is the equivalent of plain old surface mail) too gets sent via Postal Air Planes to the destinations.
    It takes about as long for surface mail to arrive as it takes for regular mail. Only Express Air is faster. And the Postal Service actually in most cases beats the private companies like UPS and FedEX... Unlike those two, USPS and it's international counterparts also work on the weekends.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Oh, so when pigs fly, and hell freezes over?

You'll become a proud naturalized British Citizen before Nigel Farage becomes PM.

Deleted
    Which will never happen, by the time UKIP get enough votes to take charge Farage will be retired or dead.