Thread: Frost and caps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmister View Post
    It comes a time when The haste is so fast it is causing a loss of dps cuz you cant get a cast off any faster than the gcd. When Lust is popped I am losing Dps because casts are too fast. I mentioned using Molten armor because of a post I saw on icy veins, because people were saying casts were too fast, but they were still behind in the crit cap. I myself have never used it I just didnt want to have all that haste that went to waste.
    Think it thru, GCD is the key. You can never defeat Global Cool Down. It will always cost the full GCD regardless of how fast you cast that spell. So what if your frost bolt is cast in .6 seconds, you still incurred a full 1 second GCD to cast that frost bolt.

As to the why GCD exists, I believe it is because of the server/client relationship in WoW. Aka if it didn't exist, would be impossible for those two too communicate correctly.

I think it's just old legacy, of the times when 56k modems were common and were sometimes used to play this game... As far as i know, some classes like resto druids already have shortened GCD on some spells

Deleted
    Rogues had an setbonus which reduces the GCD under 1 second but it was scrapped. The testet it and the result was not good enough for them.
    Its not alone the Connection but also your pc and the server itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    /sigh

Even if you didn't read my guide, which still won't get stickied for the dumbest reason I've ever heard (not enough pages of replies, lol)... how could anyone ever deduce molten armor as being a good choice for anything other than physical damage reduction w/glyph?

It's reasonable to leave haste for mastery at a certain point, given many factors. However, it's unreasonable to leave haste for crit, even if your cast time was .2 sec :P
    well in that case lets get to work guis.