Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    But at least you died, would have not happened on fly mount.
    You are right, with a flying mount I would not of experienced a thrilling corpse walk folowed by an immersive armor repair bill.

I skip mobs I could easily kill all the time because they aren't interesting and don't give any rep or items I want, therefore it's boring and tedious to fight them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't trivialize content that is already trivial. The content can't be easier, it's not challenging, difficult, or remotely requires competence, this is leveling, its just killing mobs that are well below being dangerous and clicking objectives.

Flying simply reduces the time between killing mobs easily at point A, turning in Quest at point B, and killing mobs easily at point C... it also is free form and fun in it's own right.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I skip mobs I could easily kill all the time because they aren't interesting and don't give any rep or items I want, therefore it's boring and tedious to fight them.
    Welcome to an RPG. the world has enemies, even if you outgear them. A wolf is a wolf, whether you one shot it or not it is going to attack you and you fight back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    You can't trivialize content that is already trivial. The content can't be easier, it's not challenging, difficult, or remotely requires competence, this is leveling, its just killing mobs that are well below being dangerous and clicking objectives.

Flying simply reduces the time between killing mobs easily at point A, turning in Quest at point B, and killing mobs easily at point C... it also is free form and fun in it's own right.
    And since Blizzards goal is pretty clearly to keep the world alive through dynamic events, building on what Timeless Isle did with the boat or the Alemental thing, the world wont be trivial.

We dont know how combat will be in Draenor. If many mobs have telegraphed abilities that are strong like those on Timeless Isle, then the content is going to require competence. Blizzard stated they liked how the Timeless Isle came out and plan on following that idea. Stop assuming that everything will stay the same except for flight when you have no idea about their plans.

"A small part of it, but we also hate the way folks quest with flying mounts. Swoop down, unlock prison cage, swoop away."
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...64941405728768
    But it is fine to run past all the mobs, die and then HS out? It seems exactly the same but more time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    But it is fine to run past all the mobs, die and then HS out? It seems exactly the same but more time consuming.
    Probably, but it has "hefty" repair bill added to it, wasted players time, and you might miss out rare mob or treasure.

Go and tweet GC a reply, I just copied his answer.

I can do the same thing with a rogue or a druid without dying. If flight mount bypasses the design of the content and needs to be removed because of it then so do stealth based classes. Sorry Rogues and druid kitties, no more stealth for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    And since Blizzards goal is pretty clearly to keep the world alive through dynamic events, building on what Timeless Isle did with the boat or the Alemental thing, the world wont be trivial.

We dont know how combat will be in Draenor. If many mobs have telegraphed abilities that are strong like those on Timeless Isle, then the content is going to require competence. Blizzard stated they liked how the Timeless Isle came out and plan on following that idea. Stop assuming that everything will stay the same except for flight when you have no idea about their plans.
    ^This. Lol are the people concerned about flight really thinking the game is gonna be the same as it is now currently, just minus flying mounts? You can relax, this isn't going to be your typical WoW anymore. They are building Draenor from the ground up with no flying in mind. You had a small preview on the timeless isle but really to get the whole picture you should do yourselves a favor and try out GW2. That is exactly the game play style Blizzard is ripping off. I would imagine they will even have portals situated around Draenor similar to GW2's waypoints to further expedite travel.

Just chill. It won't be the same system anymore. Wait til you see it. And as I said, try out GW2 if you're really curious to see how this will pan out. If Blizzard can come even remotely close to imitating GW2's "living world" we're all in for a huge treat.
    Last edited by Donair; 2013-11-20 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    ^This. Lol are the people concerned about flight really thinking the game is gonna be the same as it is now currently, just minus flying mounts? You can relax, this isn't going to be your typical WoW anymore. They are building Draenor from the ground up with no flying in mind. You had a small preview on the timeless isle but really to get the whole picture you should do yourselves a favor and try out GW2. That is exactly the game play style Blizzard is ripping off. I would imagine they will even have portals situated around Draenor similar to GW2's waypoints to further expedite travel.

Just chill. It won't be the same system anymore. Wait til you see it. And as I said, try out GW2 if you're really curious to see how this will pan out. If Blizzard can come even remotely close to imitating GW2's "living world" we're all in for a huge treat.
    You do realise that when he says, "We dont know what WoD will be like" means your claim of 'Its gonna be the awesome sauce' is just as valid as someone else saying, "Its gonna suck" right?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you are right there is nothing I like more on The Timeless Isle when someone announces that rare has spawned and I know that there is absolutely no chance of getting there on ground mount before it is killed or, even better, when I know the rare is within a distance I can ride to and then I am agro'ed by a mob on my way to it that stuns me and I have no choice but to kill or it will kill me.
    I would say something about welcome to Vanilla where the things in the world could actually do something do you, but something tells me you started after that. I can still still say L2Path? riding is hard mkay.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You do realise that when he says, "We dont know what WoD will be like" means your claim of 'Its gonna be the awesome sauce' is just as valid as someone else saying, "Its gonna suck" right?
    Sure, go right on ahead and assume it's gonna suck then. Be my guest. I will however (knowing how much I enjoy GW2) continue to have a level of faith in Blizz that if that is their intended vision for WoW, it's gonna be great. *shrug* That's just me though. If you wanna hang out and continue to be Debbie Downer here in complete misery over something you've not even played yet then have fun with that.

You have a shit ton of posts and I've seen you here for years so I would just assume WoW is a big part of your life. Not sure why you would be assuming and almost hoping it will suck in the next xpac just cause of one feature? A small level of optimism may do you good. Especially over something you feel so passionate about.

I decide to log into a fresh 90 alt, I go to timeless isle and I pick up a few freebie chests, I get a head token and now I want a burden to upgrade it. I run up on my mount and cross the air bridge and run along the cliff side to the far left side of the Ordos temple where the chest with the burden is. I blow by every single mob there and I stop in front of the chest and die from massive aggro from a dozen guys who could take me out by themselves. Then I ghost walk back to the chest, res, grab my burden and hearth stone out then use my burden.
    I did not need to fight my way there, I just plowed the road with my mount and used corpse walk to get what I wanted anyways.
    That's fine, You did more than any quest done by flying. try to chain this "strategy" with 20 quests. Maybe it's not the "best" strategy to do. I prefer to use some utility skills than just ghost-runs, but well, If you believe that's the better option, then no problem with that.
    Imagine with flying mounts...you have the BEST option and the others are just...nothing, you have only one option.

Probably, but it has "hefty" repair bill added to it, wasted players time, and you might miss out rare mob or treasure.

Go and tweet GC a reply, I just copied his answer.
    So we are now at the crux of the matter it is nothing to with immersion players can skip all the mobs they like as long as they suffer a time penalty.

So we are now at the crux of the matter it is nothing to with immersion players can skip all the mobs they like as long as they suffer a time penalty.
    Not at all. Those complaining have pedantically whittled down to this particular avenue of arguing on this rather long and pointless thread. I hardly think the Blizz Devs actually sat down around the table and someone said "Lets add some time penalties."
    Last edited by cyberglum; 2013-11-20 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobknight View Post
    I would say something about welcome to Vanilla where the things in the world could actually do something do you, but something tells me you started after that. I can still still say L2Path? riding is hard mkay.
    You know if I had a time machine the last thing I would be doing is playing vanilla WOW.

Thanks for the rather childish advice but just how do I L2Path past the mobs that guard the bridge on the Timeless Isle that charge and stun anyone that goes near them? It seems to me the only options I have available to me is to wait for someone to run past them and then run past as they attack that player or kill them myself neither of which is particularly enjoyable and are both quite annoying when you are trying to reach a rare in the 20 second window it has to left to live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Not at all. Those complaining have pedantically whittled down to this particular avenue of arguing on this rather long and pointless thread. I hardly think the Blizz Devs actually sat down around the table and someone said "Lets add some time penalties."
    No I think the issue has always been that the lack of flying has is nothing more than time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact is Blizzard is going in this direction for WoD. They want the experience to go a certain way and regardless how much we argue or complain about it, it is not going to change. The best people can do is just try to enjoy it. Why would you ruin your own experience by bitching about it the whole time? When WoD gets released, go out there and experience the game how they intend then make a judgement after giving it a shot. We have been handed flying for so long and I would like to see some progress toward it.

I want a new experience each expansion, which I assume everyone else feels the same way, and this is just another change. Try to enjoy it for what it is. Blizzard is really good at making games so I am more than willing to give it a fair shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the rather childish advice but just how do I L2Path past the mobs that guard the bridge on the Timeless Isle that charge and stun anyone that goes near them?
    Which mobs? I'm able to get all the way to end of bridge without getting attacked, probably only problematic place is that Ordon Sanctuary.

Which mobs? I'm able to get all the way to end of bridge without getting attacked, probably only problematic place is that Ordon Sanctuary.
    Eternal Kilnmasters are located at the beginning of one of the bridges and will attack anyone that attempts to ride past with Fiery Charge stunning them.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=72896#abilities

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don’t know how many times we have to say this but no flight on an island is not = no flight on an entire continent for an arbitrary 2 months.

On Mindless Isle you can get from Huo to Pirate ship in time to do it, not so with an entire continent. Yesterday while leveling in MoP on an 87 shaman I decided to get the Nesingway hunting achievement but I didn’t feel like doing the whole 4 winds valley quests again so I ran from jade forest to Nesingway and it took for friggen ever. 4 winds is long and Jade Forest has a lot of terrain, never once did I have to hop off my mount and deal with any aggro, I just kept pushin X. Even if I went a wrong way and got cornered by terrain I still could just ride by all the aggro with no interaction with my enemies. All I had to do is press W. On Mindless Isle you can go from Huolong to Pirate ship aggroing everything and never once get dismounted. You can aggro all the tigers in between and never once slow down or stop to deal with them.

Flight points are the worst designed thing in this game, supplimenting flight is a fail when I alt tab out to check out facebook or go to the bathroom for 10 minutes and it does not matter. As long as you have options besides walking where you can bypass enemies then the argument of diminishing danger, immersion or content is practically null and void.
    Obviously Blizz is stepping it up after Timeless Isle. It's an experiment, we will see what happens.

Flight points =/= flying on a mount. You cannot take a flight point to get to the middle of a mob area, which you can do on a flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    because everyone's definition of what the best game or what is a terrible idea is the same right?

i just cannot fathom why there are other people who think differently than me!
    Some ideas are objectively bad for gameplay.

But you can be sure that the majority would want 1000% running and epics mailed to them? Gotcha!
    Did you miss the part where I said "I hope you can look past the hyperbole"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eternal Kilnmasters are located at the beginning of one of the bridges and will attack anyone that attempts to ride past with Fiery Charge stunning them.
    Hmm... most of them seem to be located inside dangerous territory, "Ordon Sanctuary", and those who are located east from Mossgreen Lake won't even get agroed unless you run to them. I've ran all the way from flight path to Ordos and most of the times only mobs I've agroed are those two Yaungols at beginning of road and that giant fire elemental, but none of them is able to react fast enough to hit me.