Page 8 of 238 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry, but you just listed opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    There is no other reason other than flying absolutely destroys the entire flow of the world. Quests become silly as you just fly over an army of mobs to land on top of a tiny rock formation and grab the quest objective without aggroing anything. Think about the times were we had no flying, and what would happen if we had added flying in there. Hellfire Peninsula, would Fel Reavers be remembered as these horrific beings of destruction that could easily sneak up on you and kill you if you weren't paying attention if everyone could fly over them? Of course not! Stromgarde in vanilla. You had to fight your way through a fortress full of assassins, ogres, and trolls to get to the quest objectives. That journey was part of the quests themselves. It was a great experience. If we had flying we would just drop in on top of the main objective and skip everything.

Such things are IMPOSSIBLE to design if you have flying mounts. Any max level non-raid content cannot have these experiences since everyone wants flying at max level. This is why they restrict flying as much as they can. Timeless isle would have been a complete yawnfest with flying mounts. Restricting flying until 6.1 really allows them to create a better max level non-raid experience. This is FACT, and completely irrefutable. The only thing that is up for debate is convenience vs. a more epic adventuring experience. I'll go with a more epic experience on this one.
    No one is arguing against no flying whilst levelling only against having to wait until 6.1 before max level players can fly again.

Honestly I do not think that the lack of flying on The Timeless Isle prevented it from being a "complete yawnfest."

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In fairness if what we have seen in Battlefield Barrens, which correct me if I am wrong did allow flying, and The Timeless Isle is the future of dynamic events then I think that being a bit rubbish will be far more detrimental to them working well than flying mounts.
    How in the world would you link dynamic events with a quest/grind area? Timeless isle is the first of its kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    There is no other reason other than flying absolutely destroys the entire flow of the world. Quests become silly as you just fly over an army of mobs to land on top of a tiny rock formation and grab the quest objective without aggroing anything.
    I don't really want to quest and I hate leveling. I don't give two poops about the process, the stories, the lore. I just want to get it over with and get on with doing the things I find fun. BUT, because YOU can't say no to flying. I have to be grounded as well. You make me out to be the problem, but I'm not the problem. It's the people who can't say NO and then CRY about not having epic quest chains that are the problem. It's the people boo hooing about being lonely in a video game that are the problem. Let me have a instant level 100 button and let me go about my way. You can have your precious Immersive quest chains all you want! and you can spend all the time you want, sitting on your ground mount staring at the beautiful trees and waterfalls all you want. I promise I won't take those away from you with MY flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    How in the world would you link dynamic events with a quest/grind area? Timeless isle is the first of its kind.
    What's complicated about it ? What's so special about Timeless isle that flying would somehow break it ?Time isle is little more than "Emerald Gander is up at 56.42", Guchi is up at 26.23." What am I "missing" if I could fly to them, instead of pony ride ?

Only thing I'm missing is getting tackled stunned by Kilnmasters. Do you honestly call that fun and immersive gaming ? Riding around the island from one rare to the next ? If we're calling the Timeless isles some cool new innovation to MMOs, I really feel sorry for MMOs.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-11-15 at 12:27 AM.

I'm glad they are doing this.
    If it was up to me i'd just remove flying from the game right now but some areas were designed with flying in mind so it's impossible.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

I seriously love Blizzard for doing this, I just hope they don't pull it out because of so many crybabies crying over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I should have known better than to get my hopes up for this expansion. Guess I will just stay unsubbed.
    Im glad you came to that conclusion, the game doesnt need the likes of you.
    The ones who want flying, why are you okay with it being 100 only?
    Ground mounts slow down your leveling, thus 'wasting' your precious time.
    Might as well ask for a 500% mount or portals to every zone, 'cause y'know it's faster and more convenient

Honestly, i like my flying mount and use it constantly.
    This change will just make it that much sweeter to be able to use it again.
    Plus my ground mounts will get some luv, not to mention how epic the world will feel.
    Pre flying mounts (classic) people had to RUN until their 40 or even 50s, remember how
    sweet it was to FINALLY get it? This is the same thing but more powerful, flying.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Not getting flying mounts easily ? And you people wished they bring back the BC content ? Stop bitching ! This thing is awesome ! Just ask any pally or lock who got their mount in vanilla or BC how awesome the reward was !
    It was fun, the first time. Now take away every pally and lock mount at the beginning of each expansion and then force them to either pay to get it back or quest again before they get to use what they already earned. I deeply doubt it will feel anything close to 'epic' at time number five, which is what we're at now.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

So, they decided to design the first part of WoD around ground mounts only including max level content and want us to work on some quest line to earn flying back because it's so awesome? Really? Fucking really? It's hard to put into words how much this hurts my head. You gave us flight. It is very much like Pandora's Box. You can't put it back.
    Why can't they put it back? They can remove anything they want to, like Reforging. I wish they'd remove flying from the game entirely. It destroys important RPG elements.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Im glad you came to that conclusion, the game doesnt need the likes of you.
    The ones who want flying, why are you okay with it being 100 only?
    Ground mounts slow down your leveling, thus 'wasting' your precious time.
    Might as well ask for a 500% mount or portals to every zone, 'cause y'know it's faster and more convenient
    I'd prefer flying while leveling but I can accept no flying for the limited amount of time (usually no more than a week) that it takes to level. After that, it's too big a reduction in fun to be worth the time/effort/money to play.

I dont think they should not do dailies at all, but then i guess they aren't really saying that. Im a huge quest guy and like having some to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I'd prefer flying while leveling but I can accept no flying for the limited amount of time (usually no more than a week) that it takes to level. After that, it's too big a reduction in fun to be worth the time/effort/money to play.
    Neither flying nor ground mount is actually fun.
    It's something you use to get from A to B faster.
    They said the world will be designed around ground mounts, so you wont spend more time traveling than MoP.
    But hey, we'll get to fly the majority of WoD, just relax and enjoy the new world until 6.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What's complicated about it ? What's so special about Timeless isle that flying would somehow break it ?Time isle is little more than "Emerald Gander is up at 56.42", Guchi is up at 26.23." What am I "missing" if I could fly to them, instead of pony ride ?

Only thing I'm missing is getting tackled stunned by Kilnmasters. Do you honestly call that fun and immersive gaming ? Riding around the island from one rare to the next ? If we're calling the Timeless isles some cool new innovation to MMOs, I really feel sorry for MMOs.
    Basically this. TI is a nice experiment, and has some nice qualities, but boils down to run to the next rare spawn and hope you get there in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Neither flying nor ground mount is actually fun.
    It's something you use to get from A to B faster.
    They said the world will be designed around ground mounts, so you wont spend more time traveling than MoP.
    But hey, we'll get to fly the majority of WoD, just relax and enjoy the new world until 6.1.
    Wrong. We'll never be able to fly for current content in WoD, only previous patch content.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Artificial and arbitrary gating. Next.
    It's funny how BC has the reputation as simply THE best expansion out there, yet was chock FULL of artificial and arbitrary gating! Their game, their choice to gate it.

It's changes like these that bring back my faith in Blizz. Guess I'm going to resub for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    The vanilla tards are strong in these threads... go back to everquest
    Vanilla tards? thats just about as stupid as saying BC/wrath/cata baby, the point is the fact that the reason maybe vanilla players like myself are so passionate about this is the fact that we've spent 10 years in this game, put up with thousands of blizzards bat shit crazy ideas, and have stuck it out.

Mind you im not mad, well not too much about this decision, but to try to up your post count by calling people vanilla tards is just well retarded
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Guess you can compare it to how Thunder isle works then.
    I'm sure they will make it enjoyable, so much stuff they can do to the world when flying is excluded.
    I'll have to see how it actually turns out before i make up my mind, but from what i've read it sounds exciting.

Artificial and arbitrary gating. Next.
    There's honestly not a lot left to be said, you're either okay with it or you're not. Personally, I think even those opposed to it will realize it's really not that big of a deal, and will bring a depth to the game that many aren't expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    You paid to fly in outland, in the old world, in northrend, in pandaria. You didn't pay to fly in Draenor. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Then try to focus on your main the first month.
    Month nothing. Each of your alts will need to be able to do the entire quest chain to get flying. Depending on how hard it is, whether it works for dedicated healers, etc. that could be a royal bitch to accomplish on alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I think what people are missing is that flying, from now on, will be disabled for all current content. So even after you complete your epic amazeballs questing for 6.1 to get your flying back, you will only be able to use it in content that is no longer relevant to you. So what's the fucking point?
    THIS. They need to just go ahead and remove flying from the game, since they clearly can't handle designing content from it. Every Isle of Thunder or Timeless Isle or that stupid Molten gankfestfront place with no flying was just lame, lame, lame. Actually I rather enjoy Timeless Isle, but if they don't want us flying they need to put something in game that isn't just a buff "hurr flying don't work here". Put spiders around the places we shouldn't fly in. Trying gets us caught in their webs and they are (max level +3) elites who aren't worth XP and don't drop loot.

Just remove flying Blizzard, you know you want to. You've made DAMNED sure we know you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, they decided to design the first part of WoD around ground mounts only including max level content and want us to work on some quest line to earn flying back because it's so awesome? Really? Fucking really? It's hard to put into words how much this hurts my head. You gave us flight. It is very much like Pandora's Box. You can't put it back. Design around flying.
    They clearly can, it just doesn't mean that people will like it.