Youtube Video view counts

I wish I had something more concrete before asking this so let's make it clear that this is my opinion only.

I hate google + and the whole thing feels like a scam to control information. People can hate how poisonous some comments were but it was an honest comment made on the content of the video and not what someone else in some other group felt I should see. The video I'm calling out is

You'll notice this video has gone out of its way to bi-pass adblock. That's not even my issue though. Here in watching a typical viral video take off, the days, likes and views are completely off. I'm calling into question information manipulation already being in place and this being the future of honesty.

Should I be wearing a tin-foil hat or have they crossed the line of treason? If nothing else I hope eyes are on the future progression of social media.

Youtube view counts being fucked is nothing new. Something about their backend tallying views up front but then they're verified for "high quality views" not just someone opening the video for 2 seconds and closing it. I don't think they do it for likes though. So while a bunch of views can be removed as time goes on the likes stay for a bit longer.

idk I'm not a youtuber, but that's what the innernets sez.

I use the new minimalist one anyway because I hate reading most comments, especially random fuckin spoilers.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    I wish I had something more concrete before asking this so let's make it clear that this is my opinion only.

I hate google + and the whole thing feels like a scam to control information. People can hate how poisonous some comments were but it was an honest comment made on the content of the video and not what someone else in some other group felt I should see. The video I'm calling out is

You'll notice this video has gone out of its way to bi-pass adblock. That's not even my issue though. Here in watching a typical viral video take off, the days, likes and views are completely off. I'm calling into question information manipulation already being in place and this being the future of honesty.

Should I be wearing a tin-foil hat or have they crossed the line of treason? If nothing else I hope eyes are on the future progression of social media.
    Not sure what you mean here.

You'll notice this video has gone out of its way to bi-pass adblock.
    I've reloaded the page 6-7 times with no ad each time.

Other than that I really don't understand what you are trying to discuss.

Don't like youtube? Don't use it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Yeah I'm not getting ads with it either. By chance do you use Chrome?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people complain about free services. Don't like it, don't use it. Not like you are paying a subscription fee.

Also, that Bob stick figure copy pasta has to be one of the most retarded fucking thing I've seen in the Youtube comment area. That's saying something.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2013-11-14 at 05:38 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yeah I'm not getting ads with it either. By chance do you use Chrome?
    Chrome here no ads booyakasha

I know. It's been playing here without the ad's too for the last 30 minutes, yet all morning it was an ad each time. Just figures

I have nothing against what youtube use to be. Some kid sees the army of his country shoot up a ghetto with innocents and youtube meant "fuck off" to each countries propaganda. I was kinda wondering how long the news was going to spin Russia, Syria, whatever and have things on the internet letting you see through the eyes of someone affected while talking to anyone paying attention. It's like for a moment you can see outside the glass dome over each of our countries. Restructuring the comments is just one of a million ways to say "controlling what you see."

I get that, age of information needs to be drawn in to protect patriotism. Yet this just seems like an additional step to curve opinion if what I think I'm seeing is true. I live on youtube, have been there since the day it started. From a person who used youtube as a way to encapsulate the world I feel like I'm watching the oceans pour in and some guy in a black suit laughing at me. TPP just screams how this all fits together.

I hope you realise that dude's promoting a video here and everytime I see a "Hmm, I see no ads" I can hear his "Nice! One more view!" in my head... :P

The irony...

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Chrome here no ads booyakasha
    It was a long shot, I use firefox. I had a twinkle of doubt that perhaps chrome bypassed ad block on google sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I hope you realise that dude's promoting a video here and everytime I see a "Hmm, I see no ads" I can hear his "Nice! One more view!" in my head... :P

The irony...
    I didn't watch it anyway, she looks "Meth'ish" A Ukelele only goes so far.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    I know. It's been playing here without the ad's too for the last 30 minutes, yet all morning it was an ad each time. Just figures

I have nothing against what youtube use to be. Some kid sees the army of his country shoot up a ghetto with innocents and youtube meant "fuck off" to each countries propaganda. I was kinda wondering how long the news was going to spin Russia, Syria, whatever and have things on the internet letting you see through the eyes of someone affected while talking to anyone paying attention. It's like for a moment you can see outside the glass dome over each of our countries. Restructuring the comments is just one of a million ways to say "controlling what you see."

I get that, age of information needs to be drawn in to protect patriotism. Yet this just seems like an additional step to curve opinion if what I think I'm seeing is true. I live on youtube, have been there since the day it started. From a person who used youtube as a way to encapsulate the world I feel like I'm watching the oceans pour in and some guy in a black suit laughing at me. TPP just screams how this all fits together.
    Can you break this down so an idiot can understand? I still don't know what you are trying to discuss here.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

The irony...

I'm beginning to think you are correct.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Seriously? Had I not linked what I was watching to have this opinion, I'm told it's bad forum etiquette. Cannot win to lose or lose to win. I don't even know this youtuber.

I just tried the video on Chrome and Firefox with no ad on either.

OT, though, I like the song.

Also, I've hated Google for a long time and everyone called me crazy when I said that they were gonna monopolize the internet...well who's crazy now?

Ok...I'm still crazy...but you know what I mean.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...