View Poll Results: Are you excited for these games?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Wildstar

4 30.77%
  • EverQuestNext

3 23.08%
  • Both!

4 30.77%
  • None of them!

2 15.38%
    Deleted

EverQuest NEXT & Wildstar

Hello guys. I am sure you guys have heard of these games before, so I am just going to skip talking about them other than my thoughts, and I would love to see your opinions on this whether you're interested in both, one of them or none of them.

So first, I am hyped for both of the games, but I won't be playing both. Since they will be released around the same time (Q1/Q2), I think it shouldn't be impossible. However, I do have a negative feeling when it comes to both of the games which I would want to bring up here.

For EverQuest NEXT: I have not seen any boss fights in either dungeons or raids so far, which makes me kind of worried that they aren't even focusing on that part. The game will be up in closed beta I think it was in 28th February next year, which is 4 months from now, and there still haven't been anything about what the end game will be like, or PvP for that matter which I am a big fan of too.

For Wildstar: I was so into the red marks at first, but now I think that this is actually turning the game into casual gaming (i e GW2 or WoW with addons) rather than what most(?) people would want. I for example want raids and dungeons to be HARD to beat. I want to look up at serious guilds and think "damn, they are really awesome compared to casual players, they know what they are doing and what needs to be done".. with the red marks I think that even a casual player should be smart enough to press any of the following buttons of WASD to avoid being inside of anything that is red.
    -----------------

To me it feels like like they are both focusing too much on the casual aspect of the game (housing and what not) than the actual progress of an MMORPG which would be PvP, dungeons and raids, and maybe world bosses if those exists. The closer we get to their release dates, I start to get less and less interested in these two games because I hear nothing but casual jibberish from the developers. Not that I see any problems with it, but the PvE and PvP is what MAKES AN MMORPG, not housing and stuff.. that should just be to waste time whenever you want to take a short break from the REAL GAME. At least that is my opinion. What are your thought? Are you excited? Share your thoughts with us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Video Games Discussion where it's more appropriate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My bad, thank you.

Is EQN still coming out as 2 seperate games? One minecraft copy and one actuall mmo? I got an advert for https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack today and I *think* this is just the building version.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I like EQN but have no interest in the pure building game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Is EQN still coming out as 2 seperate games? One minecraft copy and one actuall mmo? I got an advert for https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack today and I *think* this is just the building version.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I like EQN but have no interest in the pure building game.
    Really? I thought it was the same games.. at what point will the actual MMORPG be released then?

Deleted
    Everquest is kinda of a weird one for me.. im trying to stay away and ive only seen two videos. One which was movement and animations which looked awesome. The other video was destructible environments which just left me uninterested in the game. Ill likely feel much more optimistic about it when I eventually look more into it.. but until then its a big meh.

Wildstar for me. As for the telegraph system, The Devs have laughed when people say it looks too easy, and their reply is that players have yet to see what elder game telegraphs look like, specifically in raids (i.e. 20 / 40 mans). Apparently they are going to be pretty difficult. Now pair that with the player telegraphs for attacking, as well as healing, all while dodging said "red marks" and it sounds like its going to be a clusterf*** of awesome. just my opinion of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Is EQN still coming out as 2 seperate games?
    Yes. EQN Landmark is due out this winter, where, from my understanding, we will be building parts of the world that will be in the actual game. Landmark is the Minecraft esque game where we get the development tools and are released into the world.

Then the actual EQN will be coming out my guess is sometime mid next year (I don't think they have announced its release yet).
    Last edited by CaptainFunk; 2013-11-14 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Is this thread appropriate... period?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -