10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    109 pages is a lot for 1 patch without flying in a new zone.
    Another update from Bashiok about WoD flying.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...out-WoD-flying

This is currently 230 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    109 pages is a lot for 1 patch without flying in a new zone.
    It's pretty crazy, especially considering the fact that probably 95% of the posts are all the same repetitive stuff over and over. How it even stretched this far and the other 230 page thread is beyond me.

This is just the "new" thing for some people to get upset over. Trust me, once it passes, people will move onto the next thing that they don't care for. It's a vicious cycle. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    SNIP...

If they design Warlords of Draenor with no flying in mind with quest objective areas closer to quest hubs, less dailies or less spread out dailies, roads/paths that are convenient and not completely out of the way and other "riding conscious" changes, then I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

They'll also need a thorough network of flight paths, to make getting around the continent easier, and maybe some portals if possible to get to the furthest reaches, but honestly if their true goal is to make it so you can't just fly over mobs to get the quest item, then fly out again, then I am all for it. I sincerely believe that blizz forcing people to at least be in danger while traveling is a good idea. The only thing that bugs me is the time sink.

310% ground riding skill, for the win.
    But do you really think blizzard is going to change the flying system, make sure every gamers is slowed down for an additional 2-4 months past max level and then design dailies and questing areas, entire landscapes with the thought of making it faster for players to get from A to B and skipping the time wasters in the middle?

Thats just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    It's pretty crazy, especially considering the fact that probably 95% of the posts are all the same repetitive stuff over and over. How it even stretched this far and the other 230 page thread is beyond me.

This is just the "new" thing for some people to get upset over. Trust me, once it passes, people will move onto the next thing that they don't care for. It's a vicious cycle. lol
    If people make 230 pages about Dailies not being fun or good content then thats justified, but if someone you disagree with makes 230 pages based on prolonged grounding not being fun or good content for 230 pages then thats just repetetive silly stuff that needs to stop naow because you are right and they are wrong. Amiright!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If people make 230 pages about Dailies not being fun or good content then thats justified, but if someone you disagree with makes 230 pages based on prolonged grounding not being fun or good content for 230 pages then thats just repetetive silly stuff that needs to stop naow because you are right and they are wrong. Amiright!?
    Hey! They are mostly ignoring my aspect of the game in Warlords of Draenor -expansion and I haven't created a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Hey! They are mostly ignoring my aspect of the game in Warlords of Draenor -expansion and I haven't created a thread about it.
    Your options are to either take part in the conversations here or don't. Don't go around trying to shut us up just because you don't happen to agree with us. The forums exist so we can discuss topics regardless if *you* feel they have merit or not. If you want the discussion to end then you have to stop taking part in it and ignore it.

It's rediculous to act all above the whole conversation when for the last 30 pages on multiple threads you have been actively taking part in that post count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Don't go around trying to shut us up just because you don't happen to agree with us. The forums exist so we can discuss topics regardless if *you* feel they have merit or not. If you want the discussion to end then you have to stop taking part in it and ignore it.
    Aight, I'll go and dig up that daily thread from page 243. It's not like we could wait and see the results (early BETA) first.

But regardless, even if I'd leave, you'd argue with someone else. There must always be agent from another camp.
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2013-12-19 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    You're a passive consumer so everyone else should be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    You're a passive consumer so everyone else should be?
    I've been mostly waiting for the results instead of being paranoid and preparing for the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    This isn't really hard to figure out. Have some zones with flying(pandaria), some without(timeless isle, isle of thunder, isle of giants). The main end game hub is likely on mainland Draenor so no flying until 6.1 makes sense.
    Not really. It doesn't make sense.

The main end game hub being on mainland Draenor and no flying until 6.1 are completely disconnected things. A does not logically progress to B. You are inferring that the game play experience is in some way enhanced for 6.0 endgame players by having to rely on less convenient way of getting around... Clearly this is a subjective thing.

I keep saying this to people: Let us has our bloody flying mounts at launch (well, at top level at launch) and you just stay on your ground mounts until 6.1. That way nobody misses out on the experience they want.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    hahaha, I really don't get why people are moaning so much about flying, I mean really what the hell is wrong with some of you? Going to the extent you are simply to prove your "point" which by the way is completely ridiculous, because no one should be this upset about a game. I mean it's not like they're removing a class or something.. frekkin hell that's what it seems like to some of you though.. Jeez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Not really. It doesn't make sense.

The main end game hub being on mainland Draenor and no flying until 6.1 are completely disconnected things. A does not logically progress to B. You are inferring that the game play experience is in some way enhanced for 6.0 endgame players by having to rely on less convenient way of getting around... Clearly this is a subjective thing.

I keep saying this to people: Let us has our bloody flying mounts at launch (well, at top level at launch) and you just stay on your ground mounts until 6.1. That way nobody misses out on the experience they want.
    Except, like others have stated a thousand times, that doesn't necessarily work on PvP servers as that completely hinders those who choose to use ground mounts while their opponents sit high above them preparing to swoop down and gank them, giving little chance of retaliation in the process.

And the same issue comes up again, PvP and PvE are both detrimentally affected by flying, for the sake of convenience the developers added a feature that literally undermines the content they produce. Is it my fault that flying has become essentially mandatory throughout the game world? No. Is it my preference? No.

Do I understand that while some players like this feature, that it ultimately decreases the life span of content, creates a ridiculously fast-paced competition in questing and the economy due to less travel time to acquire resource nodes and quest objectives? Yes, i actually do.

For once in this game's life span, Blizzard has admitted to making a seriously bad decision in game design when it came to flying, yet they know Pandora's box has been opened, so thats why they are trying to work with its existence rather than try and remove it altogether, since too much content has been developed with the feature in mind.

Its one damned patch, that will probably last 3 months at most, is THAT too much time that you will be on your ground mount that you will threaten to unsubscribe over a small lapse of time compared to the life span of the expansion? Most of you will be too busy doing new content or raiding to even care, warlocks can still summon you to where you want to go, you know.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Its one damned patch, that will probably last 3 months at most, is THAT too much time that you will be on your ground mount that you will threaten to unsubscribe over a small lapse of time compared to the life span of the expansion?
    Yes, actually, it is. Flying is one of my top few favorite features added since vanilla. It's high enough up there to be an absolute deal breaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Yes, actually, it is. Flying is one of my top few favorite features added since vanilla. It's high enough up there to be an absolute deal breaker.
    Fly on every single other continent except Draenor. You get your flight fix and you don't get to trivialize the new content.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Fly on every single other continent except Draenor. You get your flight fix and you don't get to trivialize the new content.
    No thanks, Blizzard will not get my money if they give zero new content where flying is allowed. I will be voting with my wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    No thanks, Blizzard will not get my money if they give zero new content where flying is allowed. I will be voting with my wallet.
    That's unfortunate. Still, I have a bunch of friends coming back just because of the extended no flying mount period. Oh the chaos that will take place for those months. It'll bring my kind great joy.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Except, like others have stated a thousand times, that doesn't necessarily work on PvP servers as that completely hinders those who choose to use ground mounts while their opponents sit high above them preparing to swoop down and gank them, giving little chance of retaliation in the process.

And the same issue comes up again, PvP and PvE are both detrimentally affected by flying, for the sake of convenience the developers added a feature that literally undermines the content they produce. Is it my fault that flying has become essentially mandatory throughout the game world? No. Is it my preference? No.

Do I understand that while some players like this feature, that it ultimately decreases the life span of content, creates a ridiculously fast-paced competition in questing and the economy due to less travel time to acquire resource nodes and quest objectives? Yes, i actually do.

For once in this game's life span, Blizzard has admitted to making a seriously bad decision in game design when it came to flying, yet they know Pandora's box has been opened, so thats why they are trying to work with its existence rather than try and remove it altogether, since too much content has been developed with the feature in mind.
    I'm a big believer in personal responsibility. If you level on a PvP server that is completely your choice and you have to live with any and all consequences leading on from that decision... Including ganking. Guess what? You had another option when you created your character.

As for PvE being detrimentally affected by flying, well that's a subjective opinion. Past my first runthrough where I'm doing it for the story, I want it done quick. For me flying makes this process more enjoyable. Also for my main, getting to see the place I've just quested through from the sky has always been my own reward to myself for the leveling process. Again, subjective. Maybe not your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Its one damned patch, that will probably last 3 months at most, is THAT too much time that you will be on your ground mount that you will threaten to unsubscribe over a small lapse of time compared to the life span of the expansion? Most of you will be too busy doing new content or raiding to even care, warlocks can still summon you to where you want to go, you know.
    Honestly? Yep. It is too much time. But again, that's subjective to me. I can wait. No real loss to me.

I'm going to posit an opposing question to you: Why does being on the bleeding edge have to add inconvenience? Is there some magical fun bucket where once you reach a quota you have to start ladling out existing fun or enjoyment?

I don't ascribe to that phylosophy. I like my catchup mechanics. I like my increased drop rates in last-tier raids. I like my flying at level cap and I like LFR. I like rep factions to have repeatable turn-ins in addition to dailies. TLDR? I'm not going to waste my time with something I can do in half the time with ten-times the convenience in three months. That's just abject stupidity.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Man its going to be harder to bot well without that flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    That's unfortunate. Still, I have a bunch of friends coming back just because of the extended no flying mount period. Oh the chaos that will take place for those months. It'll bring my kind great joy.
    Great and most of them will leave when flying returns. Then you add in the people that left when they took away flying that won't return in 6.1 because of the epic (use that term loosely) quest line. Sounds like a great recipe to drop a substantial amount of subs to me.

For me it is simple it is about time. I don't mind leveling w/out flying or even doing quests w/out flying. My problem is when 10 or so days have passed and I am max level and completed all the world quests that are available to me then what?

I have done some tests.

Professions (used mining) 30 minutes - Flying I killed one rare and gathered 60+ ore, on a ground mount in the same amount of time I gathered 18. Now if Blizzard reduced the amount of materials needed to level a profession and make items this would be a non issue. However this will not happen because flying will be returning in 6.1.

Dailies - I picked 5 dailies that were reasonably close in the Dread Waste using two separate melee dps w/the same approximate item level. Flying dailies took just about 18 minutes, on the ground mount it took 40

Archeology - didn't test this one as with a flying mount it is painful, w/out a flying mount I am sure flossing w/barbed wire would be more pleasant. This is another thing that will be built with flying in mind because flying is returning in 6.1

Pet Battles - In 30 minutes w/flying I completed 12+, and ground I completed 4 (most the time was spent running around killing mobs that got in my way)

The anti flyers for some reason seem to think that by taking away flying world mobs will somehow not be trivial. This will not be the case as Blizzard has already said the leveling process will be easier then it was in MoP.

So after you reach max level you will be running through the same area you ran through while leveling, to get dismounted by mobs that pose no threat challenge or reward that do however take long enough to kill that someone else will tag your rare or gank your resource node. Sorry that doesn't sound like compelling game play to me that sounds like lazy design.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Man its going to be harder to bot well without that flying.
    Most of the "flying" bots I saw during Cata were not on mounts. They were just zipping and porting around and through the ground without either a flying or ground mount. Used to have fun killing them to try and screw up their programming. I haven't really noticed any bots in Pandaria for whatever reason, not sure if Blizz managed to get rid of most of them the year+ I wasn't playing.

There are actually two okay spots for pet battles without flying. The one by the Vale daily pet quest giver and the one by the Vo4W daily pet quest giver. I take my alts there to get XP without ground questing.