Another Garrosh 10N help thread

I'm leading a casual 10m raid and we've been working a little on Garrosh over the past week. I'm looking for some feedback on the performance of some of our raiders and maybe some additional suggestions to help tackle the problems that we're having.

Logs Here:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/88pl34uusen0b8mk/

Our tactic is pretty standard. The mage is killing Engineers so he's a little low on DPS. The priest is the main person tackling the weapons, except I try to Havoc a CB onto every one of them as well. First phase we have no issues. Second phase we're trying to push him to <40% before the dream, but rarely did we make that. Then we always get the 3rd set of adds+dream phase when the boss is still around 30%. I know that's a DPS issue. Hopefully some skilled [insert class here]s can take a look at the logs and maybe give some suggestions. I'm also looking for some suggestions about our tactic. We completely ignore the first weapon in P2, dropping it on the throne and leaving it there.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimico View Post
    We completely ignore the first weapon in P2, dropping it on the throne and leaving it there.

I'm not sure about 10 man, but in my 25's, we completely ignore ALL the weapons in Phase 2, not just the first one. We try to stack them all on one side of the room, and then use the other half of the room for P3

Thanks, we'll give that a shot. Does anyone have any feedback on individual performance/improvements?

We do almost the same things as Mortal Strike but on 10m. We use a small portion of the other side of the room after intermission and he's usually pushed into p3 long before we fill the other side up and we just use the remaining for the rest of p3.

Without diving deep into individual performances the dps is pretty low. You're two healing it, thats fine. But damage output is pretty low and making it difficult.

This can be a number of factors that require "personal responsibility" since I'm at work I can't take the time to review each of your raid members, but you can look for these different things.

1) Gems/Enchants - pretty obvious, its not "elitest" to get the most out of your gear.
    2) Reforges and stats - Some breakpoints of certain stats can vastly improve dps.
    3) basic understanding of rotation and spell priorities.

If these three are in check for all your dps then its purely fight logistics. Spending as much time hitting the boss and not piddle-fartin around. Hitting phase before certain Boss abilities greatly increase dps (ie: Hitting phase 3 RP before Empowered Whirlwind).

Be sure to use the space available for this encounter. You don't need to kill weapons unless you need the space. Damage alone (dots/cleaves) will help gain you space but no need to focus unless your strat requires you to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimico View Post
    Thanks, we'll give that a shot. Does anyone have any feedback on individual performance/improvements?
    The mage:
    His uptime on living bomb on the attempt I checked was 55%. It needs to be waaaaay higher
    His uptime on invokers energy was 45%.

He doesn't use alter time and he only used icy veins (his 3 min CD) 2x in 11 min.

This is simple stuff to track and simple stuff to fix and will make a massive difference. Weakauras rocks for it and so does tell me when as an addon.

Same goes for shadow priest. It's all about keeping important buffs up. Vampiric touch and SW:P uptimes are poor. He also doesn't cast mind blast on CD. It's like an 8 sec CD iirc and in 11min attempts he casts it 27 times. That's like once every 24 sec. Hes losing out on shadow orbs and the damage he can deal with them.