Thread: Help me!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Help me!

Hey everyone

I know this is an annoying post, I'm sorry!

I'm currently working on a dissertation/research paper for university and I need to interview some people as part of that research. The research is on games, specifically MMO's, and I was hoping some people would be willing to help me out.

It would just be answering a few questions in as much detail as possible and speaking to me for a little bit, completely anonymous of course.

So, If anyone is bored and would we willing to help me out by chatting for a while I would really appreciate it.

If you're interested just drop me a PM and we can arrange a chat on skype or elsewhere

Deleted
    Just post a short survey like everyone else does.

Unfortunately I need more in-depth interviews. And I've left it a bit late as usual lol

Deleted
    Well you must understand that most people are too impatient to spend longer than 5 mins filling in a survey, let alone volunteer to speak to someone over skype that only made an account today.

I do understand, I wasn't expecting much of a positive response. More of a hopeful last resort kind of thing

I'd do it if it wasn't stuck at work. Working both jobs so I'll be busy for another 10 hours.

Deleted
    Ask away, im all yours.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You got steam? I've been playing video games, especially MMOs, for years now I could go ahead and answer some questions for your project after adding you on a friend's list and chat there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    I'd do it if it wasn't stuck at work. Working both jobs so I'll be busy for another 10 hours.

Thanks anyway It doesn't need to be right now just any time in the next few days or even week really

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    You got steam? I've been playing video games, especially MMOs, for years now I could go ahead and answer some questions for your project after adding you on a friend's list and chat there.
    Yep, I'll PM you my details so you can add me there. Thank you very much for helping out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Ask away, im all yours.
    Thanks Do you have skype or something similar so we can talk more easily sometime in the next couple of days?

you can send me a pm, i've got lots of time and know how bad it is when you leave stuff to the last minute!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    you can send me a pm, i've got lots of time and know how bad it is when you leave stuff to the last minute!
    Thanks Yeah, bad habit of mine.. Now I have 12,000 words and less than 2 weeks. Oops

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invent View Post
    Thanks Yeah, bad habit of mine.. Now I have 12,000 words and less than 2 weeks. Oops
    Can you not make it up?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Can you not make it up?
    Make up 12,000 words? What are we, Tolkien?

Can you not make it up?
    I did that in high school once, I had to interview someone and I just didn't want to. So I just pretended I did and made someone up and "interviewed them" then wrote an essay on the whole thing. It worked.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invent View Post
    Thanks Do you have skype or something similar so we can talk more easily sometime in the next couple of days?
    Send me a PM with a few things youd like answered. Ill text u the answers back.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    That's nothing when you're a roleplayer.

Deleted
    My final thesis was 50,000 words. Half of it was made up. Kicked Tolkiens ass.

Can you not make it up?
    I did consider it. But then thought making up and writing out fake interviews would be more work than actually doing them lol, although I probably will have to fake some in the end

Deleted
    Hey, if you leave it for until 2 weeks until it is due then say " It doesn't need to be right now just any time in the next few days or even week really" you do whatever you can.

Pfft, you all missed the joke, bunch of failures the lot of ya!

I can't remember how long my essays were meant to be, it was History so I guess it was a lot, I just don't recall actually writing any of them...

Also OP I can help if ya need, Steam or Skype works fine for me.